D4 Canton Regional

I have not seen Lucas play. However, McDonald played Waterloo who I do not believe has a starter under 6’2”. Two guys go 6’6” and another is 6’5”. McDonald lost both games but they were both close and McDonald could have won either game if a couple bounces go their way. Waterloo is in the final 16 in D3 and I expect them to be in the Final 8.
Waterloo is in the same region as Norwayne (one of our better wins on the season). Lucas played them in football a few years ago, winning by a couple of TDs. Recently we have had great success vs teams from the Mahoning Valley region. In football that is. We do not play anyone from over that way in b-ball.

McDonald really hasn’t struggled against the press all year...until Friday. Devils led comfortably by 20+ most of the game until southern pressed and caused some havoc. Seemed McDonald tried forcing the ball too much instead of just making the smart/easy pass. Hopefully it’s something to learn from.

From what little I’ve seen/read about Lucas they seem to be similar to Springfield. Which could be good or bad, McDonald beat Springfield at home but got waxed on the road.

McDonald really hasn’t struggled against the press all year...until Friday. Devils led comfortably by 20+ most of the game until southern pressed and caused some havoc. Seemed McDonald tried forcing the ball too much instead of just making the smart/easy pass. Hopefully it’s something to learn from.

From what little I’ve seen/read about Lucas they seem to be similar to Springfield. Which could be good or bad, McDonald beat Springfield at home but got waxed on the road.
That Springfield score was something else. WOW.

Wish I knew more on Lucas but:

mcdonald: outside of the common knowledge of Rasile being one of best scorers in the state, they are a team that will pressure and ply relentless for an entire game. Portelese is the best compliment to Rasile and will work hard on the glass. If their point guard is able to control the game and get them into their sets, Lucas could be in some trouble. With that said, Lucas size can provide some difficulty to McDonald in regards to rebounding and breaking the pressure. This game will have a larger crowd than the first If Lucas brings a crowd like an earlier individual posted.

Richmond/Jfk: Richmond is one of the favorites in the state for a reason. Size, athletes, basketball players. They have played a solid schedule all year and have come away from the challenge with a solid record. They seemingly cruised through districts and Jfk will need to find a way to limit turnovers and stop Richmond from creating the pace. JFK has played a difficult schedule in their own right and According to the paper are 10-2 in their past 12 games.

From a Trumbull county perspective it Wouk be cool for area to have two teams play for regional finals but both have tall tasks in front of them.

Good luck to all 4 teams tonight and in the future

I think the Fieldhouse will be at least 2/3 filled for the McDonald Lucas game ..

tip off of first game place will be sparsely populated...
When Lucas played Harvest Prep in the state semi-finals I could not believe the lack of crowd on their side. It blew my mind.

Wish I knew more on Lucas but:

mcdonald: outside of the common knowledge of Rasile being one of best scorers in the state, they are a team that will pressure and ply relentless for an entire game. Portelese is the best compliment to Rasile and will work hard on the glass. If their point guard is able to control the game and get them into their sets, Lucas could be in some trouble. With that said, Lucas size can provide some difficulty to McDonald in regards to rebounding and breaking the pressure. This game will have a larger crowd than the first If Lucas brings a crowd like an earlier individual posted.

Richmond/Jfk: Richmond is one of the favorites in the state for a reason. Size, athletes, basketball players. They have played a solid schedule all year and have come away from the challenge with a solid record. They seemingly cruised through districts and Jfk will need to find a way to limit turnovers and stop Richmond from creating the pace. JFK has played a difficult schedule in their own right and According to the paper are 10-2 in their past 12 games.

From a Trumbull county perspective it Wouk be cool for area to have two teams play for regional finals but both have tall tasks in front of them.

Good luck to all 4 teams tonight and in the future
I predict a very large crowd on the Lucas side. The community really rallies around these boys.

Great season for both teams. Good win for Lucas..congrats..I was listening to game on I heart app. Rasile hit 3 to tie game towards the end but they waived it off due to offensive foul down low. Announcer was a Lucas guy he didn't see it. Was it a good call? That was a killer.. That said still had a chance to pull it off. What a great career for Rasile!!!

Great game! Congrats to Lucas, they play tremendous defense. They are a team so well coached and one that’s better than the sum of their parts. Cubs also were hounds crashing the boards creating multiple opportunities. Proud of McDonald fighting back from 10 point deficits both halves, and even briefly took the lead with about 2 minutes left. Tough loss but great season.

Out coached again. Sad to see Zack go but I’m glad coaching era is over. Excited to see if the new coach can get all the athletes out who didn’t want to play for coach crazy. Great season better than most expected. Good luck to Lucas

The OHSAA needs to reevaluate how some of these officials are chosen. Both games were rough. Not sure how that wasn't a foul at the end of regulation.

In my opinion, I think Richmond Heights will end up winning the region. Lucas played well, but at times, I questioned their shot selection. They’re definitely athletic enough to battle with Richmond, though. Their offense becomes very stagnant at times when they take bad shots and miss, obviously. It Will be interesting Friday. Good luck to both.

The OHSAA needs to reevaluate how some of these officials are chosen. Both games were rough. Not sure how that wasn't a foul at the end of regulation.

I didn’t get a good look in person, but after seeing a clip, it’s absolutely laughable a foul wasn’t called on the final 3 point attempt. Officials should be ashamed