2019-20 Ohio State Basketball

Big! Gritty, maddening, persevered. Nice! Get Wisc. and they would vault into a tie with about five other teams.

I was at the Blue Jackets hockey game and trying to keep up with this game on my phone. Looked close all the way, glad to see the Bucks get a big road "W". Should really help with confidence the rest of the way. Looks like Kaleb and Kyle carried the load, and Duane was clutch.

So fundamentally sloppy at times. Should have been an "effort" game - oh yeah, it was.

Who's up at home for two with Rutgers and Purdue?

Welp, not a good look on Sunday, but most of us figured @Wisconsin is a loss in most seasons. The sloppy turnovers returned and did not defend the perimeter well. That will cost you against the Badgers every time.

However, sitting at 15-8, the Bucks are 20-11, if these games go as follows:
Wins: rutgers, purdue, @ nebraska, michigan, illinois
Losses: @ iowa, maryland, @ sparty

Nothing unreasonable there, although Rutgers and Illini are playing better this year. Even if one of those games slip, at 19-12, the Buckeyes are solidly in the NCAA tournament with wins over Villanova, Kentucky, Cincinnati, and a close loss to WVU.

Who has gotten better? Players seem to finish the year less skilled than when they started.

Am I mistaken or do several of our players just catch and pass more to a spot than to another player? Passes are intercepted or so close to being intercepted a lot.

Why did Potter leave? Man, I can see other guys doing the same. Now this is paranoia, but I swear the Wisconsin coach paused momentarily when shaking hands with E.J. and said just a bit more to him. We'll see. Players leave programs where it isn't fun to play. And right now it doesn't look like much fun. Holtman is quick with the "thumb; players who make mistakes immediately look to the bench when they screw up anticipating removal.

I don't know if the guys that are young and on bench will help or if the recruits next year and the year after will make a difference. I know they have a good side but I will be glad when both Wessons are gone.

I don't like to bitch - I watch every game but this team just plays the same so often! So very frustrating for a 60 - year fan!!!

Sure - why not.

It's the most difficult 5 out of 6 streak I have ever seen - but that might just be the nature of the game today.

17-8 with 6 to play and at last one Big Ten tourney game. Away Games - Iowa, Nebraska and Sparty. Home games - Maryland, Michigan and Illinois. 3 and 3 gets them to 20. That has always been my barometer for a season - even though more games are played today.

Last edited:
Take one game at a time,anything could happen with this group but twenty wins would look good.

Yeas, it is staggering how many physical and mental mistakes they make with the ball. How many opportunities are lost because of ill-advised passes and general ball movement errors.

You learn to dribble and pass in the fifth grade and then keep drilling; of course, if you are one of the Cavs, one of their complaints was that J.B. spent too much time on fundamentals. Says a lot about 14-40.

Last edited:
However, sitting at 15-8, the Bucks are 20-11, if these games go as follows:
Wins: rutgers, purdue, @ nebraska, michigan, illinois
Losses: @ iowa, maryland, @ sparty

Nothing unreasonable there, although Rutgers and Illini are playing better this year. Even if one of those games slip, at 19-12, the Buckeyes are solidly in the NCAA tournament with wins over Villanova, Kentucky, Cincinnati, and a close loss to WVU.

Not a great game last night for sure, but based on the above, I expected a loss, and we are still right on track for 20-11 and probably a 7 seed or so in the NCAA. That is better than I expected preseason, even though it feels disappointing after the red-hot start in the fall.

Kaleb Wesson has absolutely zero athleticism. Can he even dunk? His vertical is about four inches. He has poor hands and coordination. How he puts up numbers at all is beyond me.

I laugh when they mention him and NBA in the same sentence. He could spend five more years in the Big Ten and still wouldn’t develop into an NBA player.

One of the most overrated players in Ohio State basketball history.

Big win Ohio state ncaa lock..
Yes, huge win. Kaleb had one of his best games. Still not an elite player, though. Holtmann has been criticized a lot this year, but he's held it together in a tough league while losing players left and right all season.

Yep - they will drive a fan nuts! Wish we had Potter back.

Maryland a potential final four team.

Buckeyes - gritty; hats off to Holtman and the guys.

What's wrong with Young?

Huge win with all the bad injuries,Young on the bench in a boot.In the slow motion replay looked like it might be the ankle or his leg problem still lingering.

Two or three more wins might get a lower seed but higher means maybe a couple games instead of one and done...BAM!

Would be nice to get at least one in B T. T. Then who knows. Would also be nice not to to travel to the far west to play.