SBC Predictions?

Looks tight on placers, I say Perkins should be a lock on one champ, it might come down to if they get that second one! Bellevue though could get a 2nd champ possibly. Gonna be an exciting tournament!
Norwalk looks to have 3 champs at least. Hernandez, Phillips at 195, Maloney at 220. Theirs heavyweight has a shot too.

Don't count out Jacob Brewer. He's projected state champ for a reason.
Brewer has been wrestling solid all season. All of the Edison boys have. They seemed healthy and on fire at state duals. The SBC is the hardest conference in the state (even said by the OHSAA) so any dog can have their day. Looking forward to a good weekend of wrestling.

Yeah, Phillips and Brewer will be the match of the tournament. Both are picked to win state. I’m looking forward to this one!

Pretty good conference tournament. Thought Norwalk was a great place to have it.

Attachments

• 264C28F4-B23E-4023-9BE9-3E6090E8C0E9.jpeg
    264C28F4-B23E-4023-9BE9-3E6090E8C0E9.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 60
Columbian had 3 champs. If they had more depth and a full roster they would be very dangerous. They have some outstanding talent there just need more depth. Bellevue was without a couple starters. Giving credit where it's due, Edison has assembled a very solid roster outside of 160 and 220 seems to be the weaker spots, they're good to very good.

Columbian had 3 champs. If they had more depth and a full roster they would be very dangerous. They have some outstanding talent there just need more depth. Bellevue was without a couple starters. Giving credit where it's due, Edison has assembled a very solid roster outside of 160 and 220 seems to be the weaker spots, they're good to very good.
Same thing for Norwalk, three champions. Hwt was 3rd and maybe one more placer. Only difference Norwalks are 3 seniors where Columbians are two sophomores and a freshman. Not sure what T.C. has coming in next year. I don’t know of any now in 8th grade unless they can get a couple transfers. Edison though has three more jr high state placers to add to the mix.

Same thing for Norwalk, three champions. Hwt was 3rd and maybe one more placer. Only difference Norwalks are 3 seniors where Columbians are two sophomores and a freshman. Not sure what T.C. has coming in next year. I don’t know of any now in 8th grade unless they can get a couple transfers. Edison though has three more jr high state placers to add to the mix.

Norwalk Had 7 Guys place not 5.

Norwalk would've had another placer with Ethan Phillips. They also have a decent team but same as Columbian just not enough depth. Brody Conley as advertised, no one even close with him.

Conley was fun to watch, and he has 2 years to get even better. Not sure why you mention the Norwalk kid, he made the decision to quit the team.

Last edited:
Conley was fun to watch, and he has 2 years to get even better. Not sure why you mention the Norwalk kid, he made the decision to quit the team.

I just mentioned the Philips kid in passing I know he quit which is unfortunate. I merely mentioned him saying they would've had another placer with him, nothing more was meant or should be taken from it. As for Conley, kid is fun to watch for sure, only got to watch him for 4 minutes on the mat in 3 matches though. Lot of good wrestlers in the SBC and he's the class of the field.

And for those of us who are SBC fans, we'll get to watch those D2 wrestlers again in a few weeks when they return for the district event at Norwalk.