LAKE CATHOLIC V. VASJ 1/10/20

WHO WILL WIN?

• VASJ

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • LAKE CATHOLIC

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

brusharc1986

Big game coming up this Friday at VASJ as the Vikings take on the Cougars with serious implications. Any thoughts on the game?

Yea.... you won't dare show yourself in the palace.How about show up with one of those signs the Limo drivers carry at the pick up terminal at the airport. Announcing your arrival. Cant wait. The game should be hotly contested FWIW. Hope the rectal cream I suggested on your Brush Arc thread was used. Maybe I will look for you in the standing room only sections at VASJ since your hemorrhoids will prevent sitting for any length of time.

Jimmy, why do you hurt me? What have I ever done to you? I'm here to discuss the game and the ramifications that this game could have on the North Coast League and beyond.

Last edited:
Lake has to be the favorite based on the first part of the season. Maybe the Missouri trip helped with the team chemistry and they have had 10 days to practice. I expect a great effort from the Vikings. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Lake big man this year without a big of their own.

Lake has to be the favorite based on the first part of the season. Maybe the Missouri trip helped with the team chemistry and they have had 10 days to practice. I expect a great effort from the Vikings. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Lake big man this year without a big of their own.

The game will be interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the match up under the boards as well. As far as the guard play you have to figure that a kid like that Cunningham kid from Euclid would've been a nice compliment to Hameed this season. I saw that he had a big game against Garfield Heights the other day and I know he played well against VASJ earlier in the year. Why did he leave VASJ anyway?

Jimmy, why do you hurt me? What have I ever done to you? I'm here to discuss the game and the ramifications that this game could have on the North Coast League and beyond.
You sound like Boy George from Culture Club with that first line. My ribbing is all in good nature. Shalom

The game will be interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the match up under the boards as well. As far as the guard play you have to figure that a kid like that Cunningham kid from Euclid would've been a nice compliment to Hameed this season. I saw that he had a big game against Garfield Heights the other day and I know he played well against VASJ earlier in the year. Why did he leave VASJ anyway?
Along with Scott from Shaker,and Baddio from Richmond Hts.Their loss.

That is why there is only one senior this year. This was the class that was blasted with transfers. Joe's would be pretty loaded had those kids stayed. This is why the program is so young and rebuilding. It will take a year or so to get back to where they once were.

That is why there is only one senior this year. This was the class that was blasted with transfers. Joe's would be pretty loaded had those kids stayed. This is why the program is so young and rebuilding. It will take a year or so to get back to where they once were.
So they didn't believe in the culture?

Kids leave schools for many reason. Normally when underclassmen leave it's because they dont want to wait their turn for playing time or to play with AAU buddies or coaches at another school. These kids left after their freshman year so its unclear why they left.

Kids leave schools for many reason. Normally when underclassmen leave it's because they dont want to wait their turn for playing time or to play with AAU buddies or coaches at another school. These kids left after their freshman year so its unclear why they left.
I thought VASJ has a young team this year and I also thought they had a young player or players starting for them. Are you saying that the kids that transferred are not as talented as the players that VASJ currently has?

The kids that play and contribute for Euclid,Shaker,and Richmond Heights would be starters or major players for VASJ. The Vikings would be significantly better as of right now.Whatever the future holds for those still here playing and their level of success is ???????

Three of the kids that left would be starters. The Vikings have only one Senior (sean johnson) and have a talented Freshman now starting. The JV team lacks size but has talent as well. I expect Joe's to be significantly better next year.

As for the Lake Catholic game Luke Frazier was solid and impressive - Luka Eller not so much. The Vikings closed to within 4 late in the fourth until Frazier hit on a 3pt play - the final margin was just free throws as the Vikings were desperate to get possessions late. The Vikings played OK. This was a winnable game with some boxing out and made free throws. They got one of the Lake big two in foul trouble - but was unable to capitalize. My biggest tale away was after all the hype how soft Eller is. He tried to execute an embarrassing flop, he complained constantly, he allowed Waag to get in his head and just was overly unimpressive IMO. He is not what I think of when I think of a D1 big. It was a big deal for Lake to FINALLY beat Joe's - but that will be short lived. Lake will drop off dramatically next year when the big two leave and Joe's returns everybody. The rebuild at Joe's will not take long Viking Village - be patient.

Three of the kids that left would be starters. The Vikings have only one Senior (sean johnson) and have a talented Freshman now starting. The JV team lacks size but has talent as well. I expect Joe's to be significantly better next year.

As for the Lake Catholic game Luke Frazier was solid and impressive - Luka Eller not so much. The Vikings closed to within 4 late in the fourth until Frazier hit on a 3pt play - the final margin was just free throws as the Vikings were desperate to get possessions late. The Vikings played OK. This was a winnable game with some boxing out and made free throws. They got one of the Lake big two in foul trouble - but was unable to capitalize. My biggest tale away was after all the hype how soft Eller is. He tried to execute an embarrassing flop, he complained constantly, he allowed Waag to get in his head and just was overly unimpressive IMO. He is not what I think of when I think of a D1 big. It was a big deal for Lake to FINALLY beat Joe's
- but that will be short lived. Lake will drop off dramatically next year when the big two leave and Joe's returns everybody. The rebuild at Joe's will not take long Viking Village - be patient.

Well, all I saw was the boxscore of the game as my commitment to serve on an advisory board for property managers precluded my attendance. I appreciate the candid review of the game. You mention that the rebuild at Joe's will not take long. Is it possible that the Lake staff was auditioning to be the leadership that does that rebuilding?

Not sure that would be the first choice if the job was to ever open up - but who knows.
Interesting. I would think that he would be the first choice given his recent success and strong reputation among his coaching peers. Curious who you think would be the perfect replacement if not him?