Lima Senior vs Rogers 12/21/19

MacMen22

I know both have to win on Friday, but what a matchup this will be!! Sadly they won’t meet in tourney so this is it. Both teams have so much talent and confidence that it feels like two boxers in their prime fighting each other. This is the Leonard-Hearns of the area my friends. Let’s hear your predictions....I’ve seen both and I’ll take Lima by 2

I'm guessing more of a Karlovic - Isner ace fest.

I'll have to see what's on internet but those here saying neither team exactly polished at this point, mostly talent and physical attribute. Wishing it were deeper into the season.

Lima Senior has some solid ball control teams yet on their schedule. Rogers has maybe one, presuming St X plays that way. Not sure there will anything to take from this game (if it happens) but a neck ache, but I'm still considering the long drive without a ticket in hand.

I think Rogers has more Jimmys and Joes (stole that saying from "unknown"), but Lima Sr. is better with the X's, O's and chemistry. Although they don't run much stuff - Lima Sr. creates offense from defense, but there is some discipline to their chaos.

I hope Rogers gets there by March.

Last edited:
I'm guessing more of a Karlovic - Isner ace fest.

I'll have to see what's on internet but those here saying neither team exactly polished at this point, mostly talent and physical attribute. Wishing it were deeper into the season.

Lima Senior has some solid ball control teams yet on their schedule. Rogers has maybe one, presuming St X plays that way. Not sure there will anything to take from this game (if it happens) but a neck ache, but I'm still considering the long drive without a ticket in hand.
Haha like the comment about Ivo and Isner. I’d take Ivo 30-28 in the old Wimbledon point system in the 5th set. ?

Eastisbest:

Come on down, there should still be plenty of seats! Not knowing a whole lot about Rogers, other than they are big and have solid guard play....I think this one is gonna be nip and tuck. Our rebounding is a sore spot and the length they have is going to be problematic. On the flip side, can they handle our pressure? This is gonna be must watch hoops!

Our rebounding is a sore spot and the length they have is going to be problematic. On the flip side, can they handle our pressure?

Lima Sr. will not out physical/athlete Rogers.

Roger's bigs are put together and mobile athletic freaks at 6'7" 210, 6'7" 210 and 6'6" 180. Guards are long/quick and athletic at 6'3" and 6'4", plus they have some nice young players coming off the bench.

.......But the stats from Woodward game tell a lot about shot selection and is what will frustrate local/Rogers fans and slow up their path to making a run in the tournament after the district level. Turnover numbers would also be interesting to see. They play pretty loose with the ball trying to make highlight reel plays, which is not good vs a team that likes to pressure like Lima Sr.

It is next to impossible to win by 50 and only shoot 43%/28%/60%. I like the rebounding stats though.

Last edited:
Lima Sr. will not out physical/athlete Rogers.

Roger's bigs are put together and mobile athletic freaks at 6'7" 210, 6'7" 210 and 6'6" 180. Guards are long/quick and athletic at 6'3" and 6'4", plus they have some nice young players coming off the bench.

.......But the stats from Woodward game tell a lot about shot selection and is what will frustrate local/Rogers fans and slow up their path to making a run in the tournament after the district level. Turnover numbers would also be interesting to see. They play pretty loose with the ball trying to make highlight reel plays, which is not good vs a team that likes to pressure like Lima Sr.

It is next to impossible to win by 50 and only shoot 43%/28%/60%. I like the rebounding stats though.

View attachment 5303

Rebounding is what won the game. You dominate the boards by that much you should win big.

Ethan Knopp on Twitter said Ketaan Wyatt didn’t play due to injury. No type of injury posted so I don’t know what’s going on.

Spartans at home....gotta go with them by 12-15. Another big weekend on tap next weekend at Lima Senior for the Coach Q Classic....if you're not busy, head down to Lima and see some really good games

Rogers: Nothing I would call "selfish." Certainly not lazy. Maybe one player impresses me, could use some maturity. Most shoot with their arms, regardless what their lower body might be doing at the time, lol. I expected better than that. It's not quite clear what the coach's vision is for the team but it appears they're trying. I think theirs will be a race against time, how much can they learn by play-offs. Unfortunately, they do not have too many learning experiences on their schedule.

Lima: more polished for sure. I like how their players are looking to clear passing lanes when they don't have the ball. And they seem to do a good job at finding that open person. Shooting technigue is far superior. .

Pretty good effort by both teams. Be interesting to see how Rogers holds up playing from behind.

Last edited:
Lima Senior holds on, but there were so many self-inflicted things we did to keep this one close. Make no mistake. Rogers is going to be a monster in D2 for the rest of the season. I think we just made a few more plays down the stretch. Our free throw shooting was terrible. And Khalil Luster (#1) grew up tonight, he was huge! Great game tonight!

Rogers: It's not quite clear what the coach's vision is for the team but it appears they're trying. I think theirs will be a race against time, how much can they learn by play-offs. Unfortunately, they do not have too many learning experiences on their schedule.

Was hoping to make it down to the game, but couldn't make it. The lack of a coherent system was pretty evident when I saw them over at Start, and the clock is running as the season rolls on.

Hopefully the coach can make some progress. They will lose some size after this year, but Neal/Coleman/Houston are going to keep them robust over the next couple of years. I actually think Neal has a huge upside...but like all things with kids, it's all about how they develop.

I'm glad they made it a competitive matchup, I think that is a good sign against a very good team.

So glad I made the journey down for this game. Two teams capable of a state tourney run battling for pride and leaving it all on the floor. So much passion and the fans loved it. Thank you Rogers & Lima Sr for the early Christmas gift. Good luck to both programs.