Trouble on North Bend Road ?? LRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They pulled out of their tourney in Indy this weekend, coach hasn’t been coming to practice? What is happening to one of the best programs in the state? Fresh off a state football title with two potential state players ready to be added to the room and 1 week from Ironman and nothing but the news of kids quitting, kids transferring??? Hope the Lancers get it figured out.

Rather than let this thing snowball... Roster has not changed... nobody has quit nor has anyone transferred. I'm sure we'll figure it out... if not we always have the fine minds on Yappi to turn to for help. Best of luck this coming weekend to everyone.

Coach Root

Last edited:
How many guys do they have playing football? A title run moves your wrestling schedule at least 3 weeks. I do not know specifics, just surmising from what I have seen elsewhere.

Someone posted on IndianaMat about the LaSalle pullout. It's just a forum like this, so take it for what it is worth.

How many guys do they have playing football? A title run moves your wrestling schedule at least 3 weeks. I do not know specifics, just surmising from what I have seen elsewhere.
Mogadore's wrestling coach just doesn't even schedule anything early. We are always starting on the 3rd weekend allowed. This year that is Dec 19/20 because he does't know how long the football team will be playing each year as they are in the playoffs every year and make a deep run more often than not.

Every varsity wrestler 145 lb and up was on the football team.

QUOTE from IndianaMat

LaSalle’s AD called at 1:30p yesterday and pulled the plug due to social problems rampant among the team. Wouldn’t let them travel.

What does that even mean?

Trouble on North Bend Road? I would say Coach Root answered the question: "I'm sure we'll figure it out..."

I found his backhanded comment to those of us that read and post on Yappi laughable: "if not we always have the fine minds on Yappi to turn to for help." You can't help but laugh. He, himself, is a regular poster on the site he just gave a backhanded comment. He has used Yappi for self-promotion since he was brought on as an assistant coach at Mason.

While not the immediate "trouble", the longterm trouble on North Bend is how long can Root keep the house that Zerkle built from blowing over. Avery Zerkle, his coaches and all those that made Golden Cross successful are responsible for the success of the La Salle program. When Zerkle took over at La Salle he might have been able to fill 4 weight classes. When Zerkle decided to devote more time to his family and retired; it was a given La Salle would contend for a State Title, if not the following year, soon thereafter.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out..." I hope he is right. They are a pleasure to watch.

Last edited:
Trouble on North Bend Road? I would say Coach Root answered the question: "I'm sure we'll figure it out..."

I found his backhanded comment to those of us that read and post on Yappi laughable: "if not we always have the fine minds on Yappi to turn to for help." You can't help but laugh. He, himself, is a regular poster on the site he provided a backhanded compliment. He has used Yappi for self-promotion since he was brought on as an assistant coach at Mason.

While not the immediate "trouble", the longterm trouble on North Bend is how long can Root keep the house that Zerkle built from blowing over. Avery Zerkle, his coaches and all those that made Golden Cross successful are responsible for the success of the La Salle program. When Zerkle took over at La Salle he might have been able to fill 4 weight classes. When Zerkle decided to devote more time to his family and retired; it was a given La Salle would contend for a State Title, if not the following year, soon thereafter.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out..." I hope he is right. They are a pleasure to watch.
I have had TONS of conversations with Coach Root, Hell lil ole Aiken wrestled them in a dual last season and will be going there again later in the year.
I have also interviewed him on my CWI page MULTIPLE times Root has never once taken any of the credit for the successful run Lasalle is on.

As for self promotion i mean do you blame someone for using a free site that has thousands of eyes on it a week???

as far as his comment being a "backhanded compliment" he isnt lying 90% of the posters on this site troll and dont give useful/helpful responses its always to be a smart or "what they could do better" or "what should be done"

I'll try this again...

I and the A.D. decided with the current state of our program, that it was in our teams and its wrestlers best interest to pull out of last weekends event. It was a deeply discussed decision, and one that was essentially agreed upon by almost every varsity family. It was a tough decision, but the right one. I'm sorry if readers didn't get the answers they wanted out of my post. My job isn't to entertain you with details... Our program is built around the families involved... if you're close with one of those families, then they likely told you what was going on; if you're not close with anyone, and looking for a good read, then I'm sorry to disappoint.

As for my "backhanded compliment," as you referred to it... It was meant to be funny, because at the end of the day, I'm not going to come on Yappi and do something based on what someone wants or posts.

As for Zerkle... AGREE 100%. I fully acknowledge that Avery and the Byrds brought the program back from the brink. I have stated as much in interviews and at our last two banquets.

I'm done posting on the subject. If you want to talk; then call me... I have no problem answering questions as long as I know who I'm speaking with.

Coach Root
(513) 604-7433

Coach will you have your full lineup at Ironman this weekend? Great talent in that room and many high level kids, hope you can keep the ship headed in the right direction.

Coach will you have your full lineup at Ironman this weekend? Great talent in that room and many high level kids, hope you can keep the ship headed in the right direction.
Full Lineup? No... The football team just won a state title on Thursday and the majority of our uppers will need some time on the mat before diving into that level of competition.

Coach Root

...If you want to talk; then call me... I have no problem answering questions as long as I know who I'm speaking with.

Coach Root

Even if I just want to know how your day is going, or what you plan to eat for lunch??? What about your desired streaming device - AppleTV or Roku - or even a different selection?? (I'm currently in the market for such a device, and would love to hear your input.)

Expect a call soon! ?

Expect a call soon! ?

Coach Root,
Just a friendly warning...I gave Cruiser a phone number fifteen or so years ago and he now comes to the family reunions and many of the holidays. He's mostly harmless and spends much of our family time together... looking for, "any results."

Coach Root,
Just a friendly warning...I gave Cruiser a phone number fifteen or so years ago and he now comes to the family reunions and many of the holidays. He's mostly harmless and spends much of our family time together... looking for, "any results."

Line-ups, too! :D:D:D

I’m hearing some issues definitely exist within the LaSalle Wrestling Program. The issues are not a result of the State Football Championship Run from what I’m told.

I just wish Cruiser would let me on his show...

(I honestly do not even know if he still has a show, I live in NE ohio, which is WAY outside the circle)

I found his backhanded comment to those of us that read and post on Yappi laughable: "if not we always have the fine minds on Yappi to turn to for help." You can't help but laugh. He, himself, is a regular poster on the site he just gave a backhanded comment. He has used Yappi for self-promotion since he was brought on as an assistant coach at Mason.

I think it has already blown over, I've spoken to families on the high school and also at their club level. Looks like a long time piece of Zerkle's coaching staff which made the program great and was a reason for several kids wanting to be a Lancer is possibly stepping away from both programs due to witnessing the beratement and belittling of a young man he helped mold and bring into the program back when golden cross was in its prime, families on both the club and H.S are looking for other options due to his departure. I hope the coaches the families and the A.D can make things right and "figure it out" for the kids sake..

I think it has already blown over, I've spoken to families on the high school and also at their club level. Looks like a long time piece of Zerkle's coaching staff which made the program great and was a reason for several kids wanting to be a Lancer is possibly stepping away from both programs due to witnessing the beratement and belittling of a young man he helped mold and bring into the program back when golden cross was in its prime, families on both the club and H.S are looking for other options due to his departure. I hope the coaches the families and the A.D can make things right and "figure it out" for the kids sake..
And this is, "blown over"? :rolleyes:

I'll wait for Coach Root.

A current Assistant Coach quit because he witnessed a kid being berated and belittled by another current LaSalle Wrestling Staff member?

Status
Not open for further replies.