Division II State Championship: Massillon Washington (14-0) vs. La Salle (12-2)

Who wins?

• Massillon by 15+

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Massillon by 8-14

Votes: 50 16.9%
  • Massillon by 1-7

Votes: 80 27.0%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • La Salle by 15+

Votes: 22 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but have there been any rumors about McLaughlin leaving that I haven't heard. I am shocked that I have heard nothing about Moeller going after him. I'd think they'd be laying the silver platter out for him for weeks now. On one hand, he has a ring and a team that could very well get him the second next year. On the other, being at Moeller and it being your alma mater has to be hard to pass up.

A few thoughts and statements.
-The Lancers trench play was better than I expected. On both sides. I wondered all year if our smallish d line (besides 77) would eventually get pushed around. Well, it happened tonight.
-The one thing that hurt Massillon all year was a running qb. The only thing really. And this qb was the absolute best we've seen. Lightning quick.
-#3 for the Lancers was the best player on the field tonight. Phenomenal. Both sides. Gobbled up our running game and was electric with the ball. Only a soph!!! Really impressed.
-#24 was fantastic as well.
-Loved the two bombs the tigers got but where is the route tree? We have a go rt, wr screen and nothing else?
-The 2 to's forced us into a game we weren't accustomed to.
-Massillon never sold out to stop the run and it killed them. Afraid of the big pass play, I guess...
-The predictable one running play finally died tonight. Got to have more than one tool in the toolbox. A counter? Sweep? Off tackle? I think mass had to mix it up tonight with a team that's at least as talented as they were.
-Last but not least I would like to congratulate the Lancers. They took their title tonight. Surprised the heck outta me by the physical way they accomplished it against the best Massillon team that I've ever seen in my 45 years. And especially Payne, hope to see him in Columbus someday. Go Tigers, 2020!

Off topic but have there been any rumors about McLaughlin leaving that I haven't heard. I am shocked that I have heard nothing about Moeller going after him. I'd think they'd be laying the silver platter out for him for weeks now. On one hand, he has a ring and a team that could very well get him the second next year. On the other, being at Moeller and it being your alma mater has to be hard to pass up.
Heard 2 things Hobans Terell and Tom McDaniels from Mck. Baffled

Our AD in 2018 came on here and outed himself to say he called Massillon 3 times to try to get to play us this year, but they refused leaving us to play teams from Buffalo and Boston.

In no way is the intersection he mentioned considered inner city in Cincinnati. Inner city is over the rhine and the west end.
As a former player, it was a DISGRACE for those tigers, especially that nose guard, to not honor their teams achievements by separating themselves from the rest of the players as the trophy’s were awarded..... just pitiful what they teach those players up in Massilon...... and yeah, he needs some weight watchers. One you idiots booed our band class got thrown out the window.... Like I said, can’t wait for Hoban next year, go Knights, cut those paper tigers up next year!!!!!!!
Sorry. I am not following

A lot of misinformation on here. Cov Cath is not 6a which is Ky largest class. CovCath chose to play up in 5a even though they are smaller than 5a. If you look at the khsaa Championship program, you will notice both schools in 3a actually have a higher enrollment than Cov Cath. Male plays Trinity for the 6a title.

-The Lancers trench play was better than I expected. On both sides. I wondered all year if our smallish d line (besides 77) would eventually get pushed around. Well, it happened tonight.
-The one thing that hurt Massillon all year was a running qb. The only thing really. And this qb was the absolute best we've seen. Lightning quick.
-#3 for the Lancers was the best player on the field tonight. Phenomenal. Both sides. Gobbled up our running game and was electric with the ball. Only a soph!!! Really impressed.
-Loved the two bombs the tigers got but where is the route tree? We have a go rt, wr screen and nothing else?
-Massillon never sold out to stop the run and it killed them. Afraid of the big pass play, I guess...
-The predictable one running play finally died tonight. Got to have more than one tool in the toolbox. A counter? Sweep? Off tackle? I think mass had to mix it up tonight with a team that's at least as talented as they were.
-Last but not least I would like to congratulate the Lancers. They took their title tonight. Surprised the heck outta me by the physical way they accomplished it against the best Massillon team that I've ever seen in my 45 years. And especially Payne, hope to see him in Columbus someday. Go Tigers, 2020!
Classy post ... spot on .... well said

You are the man....this is how you get respect

No reason to schedule up. Why should you play a team that has double the amount of boys your school has ? As I said Lasalle only does because they are in that league.

Colerain will be back on the schedule soon too. La Salle won’t back down from anyone. They’ll schedule anyone. You could see the difference last night.

Jeez, what a refreshing read in this cesspool of a thread. I agree on all points except the one about Payne going to OSU. Well said.

Great effort from the paper tigers tonight, that “unstoppable” offense didn’t score on the second half. I’d like all you paper tiger fans to remember this next time you think your team is good.
Yeah, no one who loses in the title game should ever think they're team is "good." Especially if they make it there back to back.

smh . . .

If Massillon fans were classy people would respect their paper titles, but it seems like most of them are like Massillon82...disrespectful to other teams/bands/fans at games and on here....you guys would get respect if you treated others with respect but a lot of you dont. So we dont respect you.
The biggest problem with Massillon fans... traffic going to games. That's it. They SUPPORT their team. BIG TIME. Everyone chucking spears is doing so out of jealousy. No one else has 10k+ at every game, a huge indoor facility, and a rabid supportive following. You know it. But it's super easy to make fun of a program that does have those things and wins, wins a lot, makes it to the title game and then loses.

Is there any way to watch the full game, now that it is over? I listened last night, but I like watching to see the whole picture. Thanks.

The biggest problem with Massillon fans... traffic going to games. That's it. They SUPPORT their team. BIG TIME. Everyone chucking spears is doing so out of jealousy. No one else has 10k+ at every game, a huge indoor facility, and a rabid supportive following. You know it. But it's super easy to make fun of a program that does have those things and wins, wins a lot, makes it to the title game and then loses.
Well said ?

Get over yourselves. No one is jealous of Massillon because of their fan support. Tell me how many state championships has that fan support won you.

I think Moe is going after Moore. And he is bringing the wide receivers with him as Massilon is not safe for their development.

They aren't public school vouchers at all....they are private school vouchers that public tax dollars pay for. I don't have a problem with school choice, I have a problem with paying for that education when the choice is a private school. When a private school is subsidized with public funds, it's no longer "private."

By the way, most Massillon fans would disagree with me. So this isn't about the game, it's about the LaSalle billboard in inner city Cincinnati that I've seen every day this week on my way to work. Frankly, I think it should be a recruiting violation. I'm sure OHSAA will disagree, but I'm still entitled to my opinion.
Aren't families sending their kids to private schools taxpayers too?

By the way, most Massillon fans would disagree with me. So this isn't about the game, it's about the LaSalle billboard in inner city Cincinnati that I've seen every day this week on my way to work. Frankly, I think it should be a recruiting violation. I'm sure OHSAA will disagree, but I'm still entitled to my opinion.

"It isn't about the game!" says the Massillon fan immediately after Massillon lost to LaSalle lol

Does Massillon have a dads club or similar where they get to watch game film with the coach? That would be interesting to attend this week. “Well here the lancers have a 3rd and 2 so we are going to play a prevent. Instead they surprised us with the 10th jet sweep of the drive.” “And here we are with a 3rd and 2 so we are just going to chuck that ball up over that mountain and hope for the best”

Status
Not open for further replies.