Division I State Semifinal: Elder (11-2) vs. Springfield (12-1)

Who wins?

• Elder by 15+

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Elder by 8-14

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • Elder by 1-7

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Springfield by 8-14

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Springfield by 14+

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Catania takes it in from 3 yards out, Elder leads 24-17 with 10:58 to go.

Springfield defense is making it hard on Elder and they are really out there laying the wood. Good football game.

Ramsey pulls out the bag of tricks and kicks onside, takes a perfect bounce and Elder recovers on the Springfield 35.

Springfield cuts it to 31-24, little over 6:00 to go. Elder helped the cause with a couple big penalties on the drive.

Great game by Springfield, and built for next season.

Congrats Panthers! Bring home the 3rd! :)

I Know we won, but man that was one of the worst reffed games I’ve seen in a long time, not withstanding multiple points in the last two minutes where the clock just mysteriously wasn’t running.

That said, hats off to Springfield. They have a very good QB and RB. I’m thankful they did not take more shots deep. Their run D was also as advertised and did enough to keep things close. Elder didn’t do themselves any favors with some of the play calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: E82
This was a fun game to watch. Springfield had a heck of a season and repped the GWOC in proud fashion. Elder OL was just too big and got the push on short yardage downs when it mattered. Good luck Elder vs. Pick Central

Definitely was an excellent high school Football game! The Springfield QB I thought was awfully darn good for a Sophomore. Cooper Johnson I thought had a very nice game. Special Teams Plays won the game!

I’m pretty sure Elder has an awfully good record this year when Pboy (Omar) is at the Games. Hopefully he can make it to Canton next weekend!

He got a scholarship anywhere?

Not that I'm aware of...247 shows a UK offer but I wouldn't think that's committable, especially with the RBs they have in this class.

From the few games I've caught this year I thought he was by far their best offensive player. Hopefully a MAC school picks him up. I think he can definitely play at that level.

Not that I'm aware of...247 shows a UK offer but I wouldn't think that's committable, especially with the RBs they have in this class.

From the few games I've caught this year I thought he was by far their best offensive player. Hopefully a MAC school picks him up. I think he can definitely play at that level.

Yea that’s surprising he has no offer.

I hope Elder doesn't get those refs for the championship game.
I’d have to watch a full replay to make a judgement on the controversial calls the final drive. The one call that really irked me was the PI on Springfield’s 2nd last drive. The ref just sat there for like 5 seconds before deciding to throw the flag. There was no way that was PI.
And I hate complaining about officiating for a few reasons: (1) they’re basically volunteers, what they get paid isn’t anything that justifies the work they put in, (2) officials are in short supply bc it’s a thankless job, and (3) it diminishes the play of the other team.

It wasn’t a fluke Springfield got this far and they went toe to toe with Elder the entire game. The only difference is Elder took a gigantic gamble on the onside kick and it paid off. Otherwise, the end result could’ve very easily gone the other way.

Definitely was an excellent high school Football game! The Springfield QB I thought was awfully darn good for a Sophomore. Cooper Johnson I thought had a very nice game. Special Teams Plays won the game!

I’m pretty sure Elder has an awfully good record this year when Pboy (Omar) is at the Games. Hopefully he can make it to Canton next weekend!
I was only able to watch the 2nd half, what happened with the 3 INTs for the Cats QB?