Accessing Lindsay's Law in order to take the assessment...

Our school has forms in the athletic office. I have coached at others schools that just wanted you to print an information page about it and sign the bottom.

You might be best served to ask your AD or AD's secretary what they want from you...i think it varies place to place.

Our school has forms in the athletic office. I have coached at others schools that just wanted you to print an information page about it and sign the bottom.

You might be best served to ask your AD or AD's secretary what they want from you...i think it varies place to place.

Asked AD and I was informed that there is an assessment found via the ODE website. Haven't found it. And after ending up at the same page through various links, I decided to come to those in the know.

I believe that your AD is wrong. There is no assessment for Lindsay's Law. You watch the video and then sign the form.

Cruiser and anyone else curious....

Start here at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal
Click on OH|ID (replaced SAFE account)
Login or create new account
Click on Learning Management System

Once you’re in the LMS, then there’s a link to a course catalog when Sudden Cardiac Arrest (Lyndsey’s Law) is located. There is a test at the end.

Attached image shows what you should be looking for once you’re in the LMS

Attachments

• 4F45869F-EF97-4657-874D-8BE39B2A8E34.jpeg
    4F45869F-EF97-4657-874D-8BE39B2A8E34.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I believe that your AD is wrong. There is no assessment for Lindsay's Law. You watch the video and then sign the form.

There IS a video and quiz for Lindsay's Law.

Cruiser,
All I can say is good luck and godspeed. When I did mine I think it took me like 30 minutes to find it, I think had 20 different browers opened because it would open up a new page every time I clicked on a link, and to this day I still couldn't tell you how I found it.

Finally got it. Absolute maze. I should have left a trail of breadcrumbs.

You'd think something that has to be done annually (hint: that's an answer to one of the questions), the information would be right up front, with big blinking letters. Oh, whale.

Last edited:
There IS a video and quiz for Lindsay's Law.

Cruiser,
All I can say is good luck and godspeed. When I did mine I think it took me like 30 minutes to find it, I think had 20 different browers opened because it would open up a new page every time I clicked on a link, and to this day I still couldn't tell you how I found it.

Huh, first time I've ever heard of there being a quiz for it. Haven't ever had to take it. Just watch the video and sign the paper. Both club and school sports.

Huh, first time I've ever heard of there being a quiz for it. Haven't ever had to take it. Just watch the video and sign the paper. Both club and school sports.
I think it depends on the setting in which you're doing it. Last year I watched the video on my own and had to take the quiz, this year the AD had all of us come in and watch it together and I only had to sign a paper. I'm guessing the AD takes an admin password to say he'll go over it with the group to bypass the quiz.