2019 D7 Region 25

I agree and I don’t think Lowellville wins this week, and probably ends up 5-5. But they still needed inclusion as as of right now they are still in the playoff race.

Last week was a big one- This week is possibly the biggest/most important week of the year in R25:

JFK at Aquinas- Battle of regional contenders, with tons of harbins on the line. Winner will likely be hosting in week 11, loser may need some help.

St Charles at Lucas- Gonna be a tough mountain to climb for Lucas against a solid D2 squad. A win for the cubs and they’ll lock up a home game.

Toronto at Oak Glen- Toronto crosses over the border to play 6-0 Oak Glen. Lots of harbins on the line for Toronto and a chance for them to make another statement.

Lutheran West at Indepenence- This game has a lot of implications for a lot of teams. An Independence win and they’ll be in, and in the conversation possibly for a home game. A loss and they’ll be on the bubble of getting in.

Wellsville at United- This isn’t a do or die game for Wellsville, but it’s close. Wellsville got a tough 4 game stretch to end the year, they’ll need to win 2 to get in. This is the worst of the 4 opponents.

Harrison Central at SCC: Pretty close to do or die for SCC as well. A loss and they’d need to upset Toronto week 10 to just be on the bubble.

Buckeye Trail at Malvern: This is likely do or die territory for Malvern. A loss and they’d need to pull a massive upset over Sandy Valley to even have a shot.

Jackson-Milton at Lowellville: Lowellville in the same position as Malvern. If they lose this one they’d need to pull an upset to get in.

So 8 important games this weekend that’ll really shape the playoff picture.
I'd love to see that JFK vs STA game. That should be a real barnburner. I will be at the Lucas vs St. Charles game. I will have details come Monday.

The playoff picture got a lot more clearer after the week 7 games.

Lucas, STA, Independence, and Lowellville all got massive wins tonight. On the other end of the spectrum, Malvern and Wellsville had big losses. Independence pretty much has their post-season ticket punched while Malvern can be scratched off the playoff list. Wellsville given their upcoming schedule will have a tough time getting in but just one win and they’ll be a bubble team.

Lucas outgained St. Charles by almost 200 yards. The Cubs ran for 325 allowing only 160 total yards. Great win for their program. They really are hitting their stride right now on D only allowing 15 pts in the last 4 games. Big game this week on the road vs Fisher Catholic.

SCC falls to Harrison Central on Saturday night. Post week 7 projections:

1- CH: 20.69 (8-1)
2- Lucas: 18.05 (8-2)
3- Toronto: 17.25 (8-2)
4- STA: 15.24 (7-2)
5- JFK: 15.22 (7-3)
6- Independence: 14.67 (7-3)
7- McDonald: 11.45 (6-4)
8- Lowellville: 10.07 (7-3)

9- Malvern: 8.32 (5-5)
10- Wellsville: 7.35 (5-5)
11- SCC: 7.11 (5-5)

The top 7 all just need to not trip up to inferior opponents and they’ll be playing week 11. The last spot will be interesting. Malvern doesn’t have much of a shot unless they upset Sandy. If things play out as projected above, Lowellville would still get in at 6-4. Wellsville can make it interesting by pulling an upset in the next 3 weeks, and SCC needs to upset Toronto week 10. TCC and South Central aren’t listed but both could get into the mix for the 8 seed if they win out.

Last edited:

The top 7 all just need to not trip up to inferior opponents and they’ll be playing week 11. The last spot will be interesting. Malvern doesn’t have much of a shot unless they upset Sandy. If things play out as projected above, Lowellville would still get in at 6-4. Wellsville can make it interesting by pulling an upset in the next 3 weeks, and SCC needs to upset Toronto week 10. TCC and South Central aren’t listed but both could get into the mix for the 8 seed if they win out.
I know Pasteur has Lucas as an underdog in week 10, however, I think they win that game. They match up well with LCC and beat them last year at their place. We have the D to slow them down, and the ball control O to keep them off the field. IMO, Lucas ends up with the 1 seed.

Best teams (not playoff probablities)

Lucas
Cuyahoga Hts
Aquinas
McDonald
Toronto
Warren Kennedy
Independence
Steubenville CC
South Central
Wellsville
also Malvern, Tuscarawus CC, Lowellville

Best teams (not playoff probablities)

Lucas
Cuyahoga Hts
Aquinas
McDonald
Toronto
Warren Kennedy
Independence
Steubenville CC
South Central
Wellsville
also Malvern, Tuscarawus CC, Lowellville
STA has been impressive. They are definitely in the convo for a regional championship. IMO, this is a three team race.
1) Lucas
2) CH
3) STA

STA has been impressive. They are definitely in the convo for a regional championship. IMO, this is a three team race.
1) Lucas
2) CH
3) STA
I preface this by saying that Aquinas won the game and deserved to win that night, but Kennedy played their worst game of the season by far. Turnovers, missed opportunities in the redzone multiple times, bad QB play all lead to points left on the field in the first half. All but STAs first TD were due to missed tackles. Credit to them, they absolutely capitalized on them. 13 is really good. Good thing is it is looking like its shaping up for a rematch in the playoffs. If JFK plays they way they are capable they will win.

I preface this by saying that Aquinas won the game and deserved to win that night, but Kennedy played their worst game of the season by far. Turnovers, missed opportunities in the redzone multiple times, bad QB play all lead to points left on the field in the first half. All but STAs first TD were due to missed tackles. Credit to them, they absolutely capitalized on them. 13 is really good. Good thing is it is looking like its shaping up for a rematch in the playoffs. If JFK plays they way they are capable they will win.
Nice insight. Sometimes scores are misleading.

I know Pasteur has Lucas as an underdog in week 10, however, I think they win that game. They match up well with LCC and beat them last year at their place. We have the D to slow them down, and the ball control O to keep them off the field. IMO, Lucas ends up with the 1 seed.

I don’t really know much about either squad so I’m just going with his projections. LCC did beat Mogadore which is very impressive. But yeah a 9-1 Lucas is #1 seed over CH.

I don’t really know much about either squad so I’m just going with his projections. LCC did beat Mogadore which is very impressive. But yeah a 9-1 Lucas is #1 seed over CH.
I understand. That LCC @ Lucas game is a toss up IMO. They are going to be looking for revenge.

Nice insight. Sometimes scores are misleading.
They definitely scored though. Lol. I both feel better and worse after watching the film. We are better than that. I definitely think the best two in the region are Lucas and CH.

kingpin dont count south central to finish 8th in the region.they lost the last 2 weeks to collins western reserve(6-1 tied with norwalk st.paul(7-0) and they meet this weekend for basically the firelands conference championship.south central has beaten willard(0-7),oberlin(1-6),monroeville(1-6)and mapleton(0-7) south central lost to keystone(6-1)and a d-4 school,western reserve(collins) and norwalk st.paul. the next 2 schools will break them,ashland crestview (5-2 and a d-6 school) and plymouth(5-2) and finish with new london(1-6).south central as you can tell has no wins against teams above .500 and they will be dogs against crestview and plymouth.so the game with new london wlll mean nothing. so say goodbye to south central.

Last edited:
This week isn’t nearly as big as last week, but here’s the GOTW:

Lucas at Fisher Catholic: I expect Lucas to win comfortably, but any sort of let down after last weeks big win may have this game closer than anticipated

Gilmour Academy at JFK: JFK needs to win out to keep their hopes of hosting alive.

Wellsville at Columbiana: Wellsville likely isn’t very competitive in this one, but if they can pull an upset they’ll have a shot at the 8 seed.

Lowellville at Western Reserve: Same as Wellsville, I don’t expect Lowellville to be very competitive, but an improbable upset here would give them a playoff spot

TCC at Buckeye Trail: After TCC’s upset of East Canton last week, they can climb back into the race with a win tonight of Trail.

This week isn’t nearly as big as last week, but here’s the GOTW:

Lucas at Fisher Catholic: I expect Lucas to win comfortably, but any sort of let down after last weeks big win may have this game closer than anticipated

Gilmour Academy at JFK: JFK needs to win out to keep their hopes of hosting alive.

Wellsville at Columbiana: Wellsville likely isn’t very competitive in this one, but if they can pull an upset they’ll have a shot at the 8 seed.

Lowellville at Western Reserve: Same as Wellsville, I don’t expect Lowellville to be very competitive, but an improbable upset here would give them a playoff spot

TCC at Buckeye Trail: After TCC’s upset of East Canton last week, they can climb back into the race with a win tonight of Trail.
Anything can happen, but I can assure you that Lucas will come into this one motivated. I know the coaches could care less about rankings, but the players remember a few short weeks ago when the AP had FC ranked ahead of them getting 1st place votes.

After playing about as poorly as possible last week and it being homecoming this week JFK is pretty motivated going into tonight. There is a little redemption to throw into the equation as they feel they should have won this game last season. I expect a good showing tonight.

After playing about as poorly as possible last week and it being homecoming this week JFK is pretty motivated going into tonight. There is a little redemption to throw into the equation as they feel they should have won this game last season. I expect a good showing tonight.

Is the game tonight? I wasn’t sure as Joe Eitel has it listed for 10/19, but Harding is away and Trib had it for tonight.

I guess since it’s Homecoming it has to be tonight.

Hey Jaws good luck tonight to JFK.
I'm driving over to check this one out.
Hopefully Gilmour and JFK can both get into the playoffs again this season, but GA has a much tougher road.
Pretty sure both teams have injury issues, but don't they all this time of the season.
There are no should haves in football as you either get the win or you don't.
Either way, I expect a hard hitting game tonight in Warren as both teams come in highly motivated.