Recent content by wrestlfan

1. W

TWO more 14 u state qualifiers before the state tournament

You have to attend a qualifier tournament to compete in the state tournament May 4 weekend!
  2. W

Bassett just teched former NCAA champ Ashnault

So bassett and forest will turn 18 this year making them eligible. If you are good enough you are good enough. Kenny should be able to go
  3. W

Who Remembers Khetag Pliev?

He did a private for a small group at beast mode a couple weeks ago. It was excellent
  4. W

State tourneys prior to high school

And some would to be a state qualifier Everyone has their own perspective and judging others is wrong Do you and be on your path
  5. W

3 more qualifiers to qualify for 14u fs and greco state

The state tournament is a month away. All you have to do is finish a qualifier in order to qualify for the state tournament. These tournaments are not a stressful event. Everyone there will help new wrestlers and parents understand the sport. It is not the grind of a tournament that folkstyle...
  6. W

ohio schoolboy fs team

Ttt 1st qualifier was today. All 14 u kids have to go to a qualifier to be able to participate in the state tournament. Numbers seemed to be up from the past. Our 14 u team will push to WIN 14u natl duals. Check out a qualifier and try to make the team!! You won't regret this path...
  7. W

Going back to the original question- I have a 6 yr old and a 13 yr old. My 13 yr old wrestles on the top dual teams in the top tournaments in the country. It wasn't always like that. He would wrestle on regular teams and I would be jealous of the kids on the top teams. I got him training...
  8. W

Can't disagree with that at all
  9. W

Totally appreciate and respect your post. I agree and ar the same time disagree. Some coaches that I have massive amounts of respect for believe that the end goal is for kids to love the sport "when it matters" They will make practices non stressful and easy amd say let's get them to...
  10. W

What I have done with my son the last couple years is let him pick the tournaments that he wants to go to. He has done it long enough now that he knows the type of training it takes to win them. He has passed on a couple because he didn't wanna be training as hard at the time of the...
  11. W

The best path for your son is to follow how you feel you need to raise them individually. My son and daughter are totally different. People that try to tell you that you need to do something specific with your son don't have a freaking clue. David talks a good game but I can tell you 100...
  12. W

Boro Class Rankings

Wilson is a very young sr.
  13. W

Boro Class Rankings

I think holding back is the new normal. However, saying it is simply done so for athletics only is not fair to the many that were held back for other reasons. It's not fair to lump all hold backs together for the narrative one wants to fill. Sadly, covid was a very trying time for kids who...
  14. W

Ohio State at NCAAs

how big of a boost to recruiting is it when you can say that every single one of your starters is a guy that was recruited and developed by the current staff? to me thats a big deal id much rather have OSUs points with their own recruits than MIchigan with their portal hoppers
  15. W

ohio schoolboy fs team

I THINk they are working on trying to get sponsors for the trip. It's a shame it's all the way there. Having gone and had friends go there for kids natls i can say for certain it can be a travel nighmare.