Recent content by veryoldcoach

1. V

DVII R25, 8 teams left

Didn't think you were allowed to use playoff games as Sr. Nites? Not that I care, just don't want to see anyone catch heat for that...
  2. V

Rootstown Coach Resigns

I was an AD in a school similar in size to Rootstown, AD only makes recommendations, does not have the final say, in probably 7 recommendations to the BOE, 4 of them were denied & went another direction, sounds like Rootstown BOE (mostly) & Supt have the same lack of integrity I...
  3. V

Rootstown Coach Resigns

Could've been done in executive session, not public record then...
  4. V

Legacy Christian recruiting

With all due respect, you showed no respect, he asked not to talk about his team or school, you choose not to, this is a major problem we're experiencing throughout our country, do what you are told or asked to do, unreal....
  5. V

Legacy Christian recruiting

Outstanding coach, finally someone with some common sense:)
  6. V

Wrestling and COVID-19 (yet another thread)

Coach Root, You are spot on, I think the cavalier approach many are taking will be the downfall of wrestling, having coached 40 yrs, this is without a doubt the biggest issue wrestling will see, when Title IX first came out & was misapplied many felt that would be the death of wrestling...
  7. V

NJCAA releases wrestling calendar for 2020-21 season

The only issue I see is w/multi-sport athletes, and/or smaller schools would probably have more issues...
  8. V

NJCAA releases wrestling calendar for 2020-21 season

Over 10 years ago this was proposed (one semester sport) by DI coaches on the rules committee, don't think everyone was fond of it, they were trying to get away from March Madness, honestly, college wrestling is in trouble, they need to think of something to do.
  9. V

Who's your high School All- Time Squad?

Interesting how people talk all the time about the transfers at typically bigger schools, quite a few of the Crestview guys were not home grown, one transferred 3x when getting to HS. I'm guessing 30 yrs ago this didn't happen as much, love seeing kids stay at their home schools.
  10. V

2020 Firelands Conference

You can blame a BOE member whose son was a QB & didn't start, over another BOE member's son, next BOE mting should be interesting, coached was well liked, no athletes this yr.
  11. V

2020 Firelands Conference

Shame Mapleton has dropped out of playing Hillsdale again (not sure whose choice it was) what a great tradition they had, missed three yrs 2013-2015, got back on the schedule, by far largest home gates Mapleton had, maybe too tough a game for them...oh well...
  12. V

I would think he would fit where Clint was listed, though both were All-Americans in college, Clint was from Wooster, Colt was a lifetime Knight, not sure who'd you put at 170...just for conversation, no horse in this race....
  13. V

Colt never wrestled close to 170 in HS
  14. V

120-Hershberger/Hostetler (?) A 2nd state 145-Mitch Lance - A state champ 170-Joe Kikume - AA 2nd state
  15. V

Shaking the hands of the opposing coach

After shaking your opponents hand at center mat, turn toward (if you want) & acknowledge the opposing coach...