Recent content by The Dock

1. The Dock

Mid-State League 2020-2021

It would be the opinion of some that the Sweet 16 for Division 4 should be all Northwest and Southwest District winners play the field of Central, East, Northeast and Southeast District winners. Better way to make a state champion? Perhaps! Imagine Ottoville versus Glenwood; Columbus Grove or...
  2. The Dock

Not going to lie -- I'm embarrassed to have forgotten about freakin' Layne Sarver and his friends on Tri-Village. TV even beat Harvest Prep in the state finals that one year, too! Damn!
  3. The Dock

It would be cool to have a cross-divisional tournament to fill out 3-4 games.
  4. The Dock

Do you think you'd want to see the Ohio do this format again next year, after the COVID-saga? Or would you want the full 6 home / 6 away league game slate? That idea intrigued me. Then I thought "well that sort of sucks there is no return trip to the other gym." But then I realized "LOL...
  5. The Dock

Males playing women's sports?

Yeah. It already happens -- it's called "beer league softball."
  6. The Dock

Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

I'm not big either on the idea of mask-wearing en masse to be normalized past the COVID-saga, but I also am thinking it's fine for individuals to decide for themselves in the post-COVID saga if they want to wear them in large communal settings like grocery stores.
  7. The Dock

Africentric?

Briggs and West have each had less than 20 bodies, grades 9-12, on their varsity football team the past four years. And they're both D2. Do you happen to recall, I don't remember how far back this was, but I want to say it was 2015-2016ish or so when a bunch of urban districts got freaking...
  8. The Dock

Africentric?

May I pose a radical thought? Competitive Balance hasn't fixed diddily in regards to the 'equitable competition' concerns folks have on Africentric playing the Cardington's, the Willards, Smithville's etc because the root of Africentric's girls basketball prowess is NOT fixable by weird math or...
  9. The Dock

Africentric?

Incidentally, International has one of the best boys freshman prospects in the entire city this year. 6'8" kid that averaged a dub-dub this shortened season. Yeah, International used to be really damn rough. Still kinda are. They did have an awesome soccer team about five years ago, though.
  10. The Dock

Africentric?

Yup. A coach at Columbus Briggs? Columbus West? Both of which are D1 city schools servicing the infamous Hilltop? Man... you wanna talk about tough. That's tough. If there are 15 fifth-grade girls playing at the schools that feed into them -- you have no real idea if you'll get more than 5. You...
  11. The Dock

Africentric?

Columbus has five 'concept' schools. Columbus Alternative (magnet) -- Sports? [ ] Yes [x] No Ft. Hayes (performing arts) -- Sports? [ ] Yes [x] No Columbus International (at the former North HS) -- Sports? [x] Yes [ ] No Columbus Africentric -- Sports? [x] Yes [ ] No Linden-McKinley (STEM) --...
  12. The Dock

Tragedy at New Orleans Game

Killing a cop, along with being charged for robbery, probably elevated it to 1st degree.
  13. The Dock

One other comment -- Central 1 is specifically the bracket every coach in the district would have liked to pick because it feeds into the Southeast Regional, whereas Central 2 spits you out into the bloodbath regional that gets played at Vandalia-Butler. Those small western Ohio towns with two...
  14. The Dock

$100 says Grandview would beat NB Glenwood if both meet in the Sweet 16. I was shocked to see you write GH only had a second teamer and an HM. I went to 270Hoops to look at the final standings, and was even more shocked GH finished last (7th out of 7th.) Wow. I don't believe Coach Corbett has...
  15. The Dock

Millersport 2021

I talked to a parent today and that's the name they said, too. It's the same person being described in post 67. Did some volunteer coaching at FCA, did junior high coaching at Watkins. Just my opinion, but whoever got picked over was probably spared the burden of trying to create a high school...