Recent content by sportsvoice

1. S

Waverly (8-0) @ Clinton Massie (8-0)

Both Massie and Wilmington pulled that junk during the regular season. They locked out both walhradio.com who is based in Wilmington and has covered them for a few years, as well as WKFI which is run out of Xenia but was going to broadcast some of the local games this year. Must have been a...
  2. S

You make the call. PI or not? NY at Fairland

Getting homered in Proctorville is a long standing tradition. I remember Wheelersburg going there for basketball back in the 90's and bad officiating seemed to be the norm. At one visit, one of the officials even tried to start an argument with the radio announcer for what was then WZIO while...
  3. S

Centerville vs. Wayne part 2

It seems like most of the following Wayne had has evaporated lately. There has been a total of only four calls and emails received at Oldies 97.3 regarding Warrior football not being on the air this season.
  4. S

The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

He didn't like his clock management being criticized on the radio either.
  5. S

The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

Looks like they will have it.
  6. S

GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

Since I'm not there broadcasting the game the curse is no longer in effect. 😆
  7. S

Thursday Night Lights - Dayton Area

They are probably having to make it up as they go. I don't see one posted on their pages.
  8. S

WK 2 : Centerville (1-0) vs. Springfield (1-0)

It's video streamed on TKDS sports for a fee. For a no cost option, I think 1410 AM is broadcasting the game as well as 107.3 FM. Both radio stations stream online.
  9. S

2020 Ohio High School Football (Week 1) TV, Radio, Video/Audio Streaming Broadcasts

I heard that too. That's a terrible way to treat people who have tried to provide a local media outlet for Clinton County. Springfield City Schools have posted that they are going to have a free video feed of Wayne at Springfield on the district Facebook page and YouTube channel...
  10. S

2020 Ohio High School Football (Week 1) TV, Radio, Video/Audio Streaming Broadcasts

They aren't the only ones, in this area WBZI was going to bring back sports coverage and tried to put Wilmington and Clinton Massie on their FM station in Wilmington, and neither would let them in the press box. They ended up deciding not to put any games on at all.
  11. S

WSWO, Oldies 97.3, DaytonOldies.org will Not be covering Huber Heights Wayne Football this Season

I hate to hear about the prices being charged for the video streaming, but I think Dave explained the reasoning on the part of the station better than I could. Covering home games only was an option, but my wife was pretty insistent about me not risking exposure to take part in unpaid volunteer...
  12. S

WSWO, Oldies 97.3, DaytonOldies.org will Not be covering Huber Heights Wayne Football this Season

Ouch. Yet they wanted the 97.3 announcer audio for free. I know the Centerville game will be on radio on 1410. I don't know if Info Radio 1610/1660 is covering Fairmont this year which might get you that one. Northmont went with NFHS network for video, so they are the one that won't be...
  13. S

Live Streams

My understanding is that WOSN is a broadcast subchannel of WTLW TV in Lima. Because of all the rules about how TV stations are assigned to DMA's and allowed exclusive rights within their DMA's, Spectrum may not be able to give you a Lima based station on cable in the Dayton DMA. Because of...
  14. S

Unfortunately this isn't the only case, I heard outlets wanting to cover Clinton County games were told by Wilmington and Massie that they weren't getting press box space either.
  15. S

GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

Since the station is not owned by the school system, someone from the school would have to supervise the students. Then you get into potential liability issues and FCC issues if a student says something inappropriate. No good deed goes unpunished these days.