Recent content by sportsfan1776

1. S

OHSAA should have spring sports season

Agree. Also wonder if schools want to make their facilities available to travel teams they have no control over?
  2. S

OHSAA should resume spring sports

And cl Commissioner just said the usage of each school's outdoor facilities are up to the individual school and that they should consult their area health department.
  3. S

Why would no fields be available? If we can have baseball and softball on May 26, according to the ODH, then fields should be available.
  4. S

Not saying it should. Pointing out several of the people saying summer ball will be affected and they don't realize it already has been affected. Several summer leagues have already canceled. If we are going to be limited to only games within the state - that's fine and understandable - then...
  5. S

All of the folks talking about travel baseball. Our travel team last year played games in six states. That's not going to happen this year with each state having different rules and some states still being shutdown or are several weeks behind Ohio in reopening.
  6. S

The NL is using the DH if they play, so that's the most drastic change that could be made. Also will only play teams in geographical area. Everyone is making sacrifices and changes.
  7. S

Because several of them have already lost summer baseball. They were going to travel out of state or play here, but several leagues have already canceled. Most kids who are serious have been working to be ready for the hopes of summer baseball. Trust me I know it isn't going to be perfect and...
  8. S

It's six feet and not 10 and I'll get a cork if I have to and insert it into my mouth. Time to let the kids play. It might not be the most ideal conditions, but not having a season is the worst possibility. Several summer leagues have also canceled.
  9. S

The revised OHSAA plan gave teams five days of practice and then games were going to begin, so I guess you were against that plan as well. The OHSAA plan was for a two-week season followed by a tournament. This is very similar to their plan with a few tweaks. Too many people today have a can't...
  10. S

State Tournament leaving Columbus?

OSU has to reserve their facilities now for Big Ten hockey and NCAA women's tournaments, eliminating two weekends. Wrestling has to be at the Schott due to floor space. Boys bball likely moves to Dayton after 2021.
  11. S

I agree
  12. S

How many families are going to be taking vacations in June? Most states still have a quarantine if you travel out of state for 14 days and a number of states are still semi shutdown. We pushed our vacation back to middle of July hoping this would be contained. I know several other people who...
  13. S

A number of summer teams have already canceled their season. They've had enough taken away from them like prom, a traditional graduation. I will admit if your high school team wasn't going to be very good then there would probably be less interest in those, but giving the kids the option should...
  14. S

So a senior who has worked all year to play his sport should just let it go when it's possible to play? This plan is almost like the revised OHSAA plan it released. A couple of small changes that are easy to do. It's about getting an opportunity to play with teammates one last time.
  15. S

Contact the OHSAA and let them know it's time to do the right thing! @jsnodgrass and @OHSAASports on Twitter.