Recent content by SouthWestOhio

1. S

CoronaVirus

I think if you want to post this in the football area...slant it to how is this going to effect next season. Goods teams with D1/D2 players will still play well because those kids will be working out on their own. I could help some over achievers who continue to work out, but it is going to...
  2. S

2020 CENTERVILLE ELKS

Might be both starting LBs...
  3. S

What makes a coach successful?

Obviously most people will say wins and losses. But I think there is another component. What makes a program stink. How many kids quit because the coaches have killed the sport for the kids? When yelling replaces coaching. When the stars get special treatment over the almost stars and non...
  4. S

2020 CENTERVILLE ELKS

I think that should have been last year. They need or should make some changes this year. This program deserves to have better talent in coaching. As a person said above, yelling is not coaching. That culture has been there since The Rodney years and so has most of the coaches.
  5. S

2020 CENTERVILLE ELKS

Yeah but you also picked them to win every game last year, how did that work out?
  6. S

2020 CENTERVILLE ELKS

As far as the coaches go, we all know the definition of insanity, nothing has changed and I expect to see more of the same. 5-5 or less is what I see.
  7. S

2019 Centerville ELKS

He(Centerville) has the finest facilities around? You either have not seen our facilities or others. There have been efforts to upgrade locker room and weight room but for whatever political reason it does not get done.
  8. S

WK 10 : Centerville vs. Springboro

So we all agree that there needs to be changes, we may not agree on what the changes should be. What in your opinion needs to change? My top three would be ditch the offense that is RPO dependent, ditch the D coach and change the off season practice schedule. I would include encouraging the...
  9. S

GWOC Playoff Week 1 Pick'em

Marysville vs Springfield Northmont vs Whitmer Springboro vs Dublin Jerome Wapa vs Trotwood Bonus Picks for area teams ( These will count) Walnut Ridge vs Xenia Alter vs CJ St. Mary's vs Franklin Milton-Union vs Wyoming Valley View vs Massie CHCA vs Springfield Shawnee Dayton Christian vs...
  10. S

Also the current coaches practice the philosophy of the more yelling and negative language to the kids the better the results, which is not true
  11. S

The biggest problem CHS football faces is the past. The past produced good results but not great results. But the tradition of CHS football and what alumni and what coaches want to preserve is not in line with today’s kids. Forcing kids into this traditional time infused program has not shown...
  12. S

May? I know I have been critical of this staff and now we have enough results to determine the current staff, game planning and culture is not working. There needs to be changes, can the current coach fire and hire the right people or does the whole thing need to change. But there does need...
  13. S

Now that the season is over, it should be time to discuss if this staff is the future of chs football. One win against a team with a winning record in two years. Defense is terrible but with some talent. Offense play calling is bad and the whole system is flawed. The coach may be the right...
  14. S

Is sort strange the way this thread has no activity or interest. It could be a great game or it could be another bummer. CHS has not beat anyone with a winning record but Boro has only beat two teams with a winning record, Trotwood and Northmont. CHS lost to Northmont and looked terrible...
  15. S

GWOC Pick’em Week 10

Miamisburg vs Beavercreek Springboro vs Centerville Lebanon vs Fairmont Trotwood bs Springfield Northmont vs Wayne