Recent content by simkon

1. S

State Championships by County

I am not sure if it is true anymore but they used to use L3 points as a tie-breaker if two teams had the exact same average, this was true as recently as 15 years ago, haven't seen it mentioned lately though. The regular use of the L3 points seemed to have been discontinued sometime around 77 or 78.
  2. S

Canfield Football

I was going off of Arbiter and another site as well. So it looks like East and Chaney are on the schedule as I anticipated would likely be the case. This is what I have combining the two: Week 1 8/19 Vs Poland Week 2 8/27 Vs Dover Week 3 9/3 At New Philadelphia Week 4 9/10 At Notre...
  3. S

Canfield Football

They have Dover, Phila, Howland, Boardman, Highland, ND-CL penciled in as of the moment. Would not be surprised to see East and Chaney as well, not sure who the Leopards have so far but would imagine Canfield would want to play you guys if they have mutual availability.
  4. S

Time for Federal league to expand?

It isn't true that Canfield doesn't want a league, they just have no interest in being in a league with Fitch, WGH & Boardman let alone the Federal League schools. Canfield has played most of the Federal League schools in the past decade in various minor sports and been slaughtered every time. I...
  5. S

Week 5 Analytical Projections

Ursuline had a bunch of kids who couldn't play due to COVID, including the starting QB, starting HB, 2nd string HB, a starting WR, and others and most of these kids played both ways. Pretty much most of their key players. Had they been able to play you probably have a much different result. For...
  6. S

Poll Division-III Region-9, Finals #3 Canfield Cardinals (9-0) At #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (9-0)

Yes as far as I know. Chardon should have not won by more than 2 scores. If they play 10 times, Canfield probably wins 2 or 3, Chardon probably blows them out 1 time, and only wins by 1 or 2 scores the remaining 6 times. Congrats to Chardon they were the better team. Good luck the rest of the way.
  7. S

Poll Division-III Region-9, Finals #3 Canfield Cardinals (9-0) At #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (9-0)

Looked to me like they gave up after Chardon converted on 4th down on their 1st possession of the 2nd half, especially after Chardon ran 10 minutes off the clock in that drive.
  8. S

Not taking anything away from Chardon but Canfield just didn't show up, made too many mistakes, had too many penalties, didn't execute their game plan. And the game was over at halftime because unfortunately the math does not work out, down by too many scores with too little time. Hypothetically...
  9. S

Division III Region 9 Chardon Hilltoppers 38 Canfield Cardinals 6 Final
  10. S

Friday Final Scores - 11/6

11. S

Friday Updates - 11/6

12. S

Are you watching the game or just based off the score update? The score is not entirely indicative, Chardon is very good and the better team but not quite 30 points better. Canfield beat themselves today, they probably should have lost by one score, maybe two at most, but they made too many...
  13. S

Friday Updates - 11/6

Chardon 38 Canfield 6 About 7 minutes remaining in the 4th
  14. S

Friday Updates - 11/6

JFK 21 Lucas 0 4th
  15. S

Friday Updates - 11/6

Division III Region 9 Chardon 31 Canfield 6 Under 30 seconds remaining 3rd quarter