Recent content by Saltlife

1. S

Division I State Semifinal: Mentor (13-0) vs. Pickerington Central (12-1)

no troll , prep sports fan , just an honest assessment. look at the schedule PC played. 3 non-conference out of state powerhouses and their (4th game) 1 loss was to a Groveport team that I think would give Mentor trouble as they are a mirror style of PC. Mentor could easily be 0-4 against PCs...
  2. S

If Mentor played PC's schedule and were in their region they may have had a hard time making the playoffs.
  3. S

If Eds was the best you wouldn't have beat them. That's why the games are played. Not trying to argue I don't have a dog in the fight. Central did what they do. Mentor played well and did fight back but at that point PC does what they always do. Start grinding on offense 3 yards and a cloud of...
  4. S

2019 Mr Football?

I agree dedication wasn't the right adjective. I meant more resources like speed training, nutrician programs, ridiculous weight programs many of these kids at that level are single sport focused and working on football 24/7. I like your Paris Johnson part. For instance, Jack Sawyer was...
  5. S

As Mike Tyson once said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. All this talk about coaching is pointless. Mentors coach is very good. Fact is Pickerington Central, and many of the teams in central Ohio are just flat out tougher, better, and have more athletes. Cincy is right...
  6. S

2019 Mr Football?

There definitely should be a small school and big school Mr. Football award. Facts are facts, the vast majority of small schools just do not have the numbers, athletes, or overall dedication to the sport. Put Paris Johnson, Jack Sawyer, or Crenshaw for PC etc on a D4 or D5 team and it would look...
  7. S

Pickerington Central vs Pickerington North

Have seen both teams play and have watched a lot of Pickerington Football over the years. Am a North fan but root for PC when not playing North. There will be athletes all over the field on both squads. I don't see how North stands a chance. Season was spiraling out of control a desperation move...
  8. S

Dublin Coffman 2019

Pick North holding it together with duct tape and liquid nails. A few things at PN for the turnaround, the O line has really come together. They are really playing well as a unit and gelling. They have been key. Playing physical and winning the fourth quarters by wearing down the opponents. Jack...
  9. S

Dublin Coffman 2019

Harry have a sunday funday drink a few bbq and get to next week. PN had just as many sloppy issues. stud DE and nose guard were no where to be seen nor was the H back that gets all the publicity. North had over 100 yd in penalties and at the most in opportune times. the 2 dropped passes sscje...
  10. S

Dublin Coffman 2019

Harry I have always liked following your posts and I can tell you may be saltier over this loss than I have seen in the past. I was at the game also and all the dropped passes penalties bad scheme personal fouls and plays you site for Dublin were just as bad for PN. This was a very hard hitting...
  11. S

Week 5: Groveport Madison (4 - 0) at Powell Olentangy Liberty (4 - 0): Who's going to win this one??

Liberty, coming off a huge emotional win over PC I cant see Groveport climbing the mountain again. Great story and start but lose Friday then regroup
  12. S

PickeringtonNorth (I) at Powell Olentangy Liberty (I): Who's going to win this one???

PN handled the scrimmage pretty easily. Couple breakdowns in beginning on D as the style of offense(see Hilliard Davidson) Took a series to get assignments straight on triple option( linebackers) after that wasn't a challenge. Offensively PN scored at will usually within 6 plays. I believe they...
  13. S

Where is HarryCrane

He usually has some decent insight to some of the central Ohio teams. Wondering how the Dublins, Hilliards, and Olentangys are looking. Haven't heard much noise from the Pickerington Central fans either.