Recent content by rossford_resident

1. R

Northern Buckeye Conference 2020

I don't think the Fostoria game is happening. Maybe a game against PC if they both lose this weekend? They are playing a JV game against each other tonight, and Drusback and Beau Carman are pretty good friends. If they hold Shelby to 38, I'll be stunned. Rossford will need to score in the 30s...
  2. R

Division IV R 14 #5 Van Wert at #2 Shelby, Regional Championship

He is a great kid, and freakishly athletic. He was out for all of preseason and the first couple of games and was pretty rusty when he was finally able to play. The defense was realigned this year to handle the Wing-T. The three best teams in our league for the past 5-10 years are all primarily...
  3. R

Four shots from inside the 10 and never threw it to their 6'4" WR. 18 years later with a 6'4" WR and playing Eastwood - same thing. Even attacking the same end zone. Weird how history repeats itself. That Rossford senior class lost the Lonchyna twins to SFS. Easily the most talented team at RHS...
  4. R

That was always an issue when Rossford was in the NLL - even when they had good teams there weren't any cupcakes on the schedule due to the enrollment disparity. No chance to rest people or not play your best athletes both ways.
  5. R

Ask the ref?

Yeah. It was a strange one. My son plays FB and had a sure goal kept out by a handball after a corner. He's a senior and it would have been the first HS goal of his career. The defender literally reached out and knocked it out of the air ala Luis Suarez. We scored what was ultimately the...
  6. R

Ask the ref?

Same exact play happened in the game I was at - ruled offside. Three players offside after a corner was cleared. Offensive player attempts a square ball to a midfielder at the top of the 18. Deflected by defender straight to one of the offensive players just above the top of the 6. Same game...
  7. R

Still not too confident in the secondary against teams that can throw. They match up better against Wing-T teams than they have in the past, but not much pass rush out of that big defensive line and WRs open all over the field every week. The offense is much better when they run the ball and...
  8. R

Ask the ref?

Suspension length for fighting? I was at a game yesterday where: Defender on Team A clears the ball. Forward on Team B attempting to pressure Team A arrives late and runs into the defender. It was a hard foul and, IMO, worthy of a yellow card. Both players go to the ground. Defender from Team A...
  9. R

Game tonight will be live streamed on WTOL's YouTube page starting at 7.
  10. R

Most (or all) of Rossford's games this year should be available on Toledo Sports Network or WTOL YouTube pages. Not sure they get past Triway - and wouldn't be optimistic about being competitive against Shelby.
  11. R

Rossford hosting Wooster Triway next week.
  12. R

NW Ohio Basketball

Meyer is pretty much a lock for 17 and 9 every night and the younger Boos is impossible to stay in front of. They should challenge Rossford and be able to make a run in the tournament. Henline is an excellent coach.
  13. R

He's a very good 3 sport athlete - tough and competitive. It took a couple of games for Croom to hit his stride last year, and he missed all of the summer, preseason, and the first couple of games with an injury. Rossford also missing another big, fast WR who moved to Texas over the summer...
  14. R

Oak Harbor/Eastwood/Lake/Rossford/Genoa seems like a pretty solid base to start from - both geographically and in terms of enrollment. Otsego and Fostoria are kind of outliers. Otsego fits in the NWOAL - maybe they'd replace PH or Delta. Fostoria isn't really competitive in anything and doesn't...
  15. R

I'd have to think Oak Harbor and Liberty-Benton would be the league's top 2 candidates to replace Woodmore and Elmwood.