Recent content by realball4468

1. R

IVC 23-24

Sorry...the only starting guard that was LEFT HANDED.
  2. R

IVC 23-24

Hiland in final 4. Malvern not. Same thing…different year. Barrino and Martin could play with prep boys. The rest not so much. Plus malvern looked gas in 2nd quarter. Not sure what that is about. Maybe from pressing all year 😁
  3. R

IVC 23-24

Mark 2 state championships 1 state runner up 6 final 4’s Tucci 0 state championships 0 state runner ups 0 final 4’s That is 9 banners to 0 banners. My math wrong?
  4. R

IVC 23-24

I did watch the whole game but I would have turned it off at half if malvern would have ran MF off the floor. Which they did not. at full strength they played Lutheran East tough. One of the best games I watched. Not sure they could handle Richmond but Hiland vs Malvern (Hiland full...
  5. R

IVC 23-24

The best in the business win and hang banners. Not sectional banners and district banners. Tucci has won but has failed to hang the banners. I think Hiland got in his way a few times.
  6. R

IVC 23-24

losing at half and winning by 11 is running someone off the floor?
  7. R

IVC 23-24

I said “wouldn’t be surprising”…not they will for sure lose. I did make one factual statement. Not a final 4 team. Now if they win the next 2…then you can say “didn’t age well” I'm not rooting against Malvern...but what is Tucci's record in district final? Record in regional? Being realistic.
  8. R

IVC 23-24

Good showing by IV last night. St. C has some really talented scorers with some size. D-Final game vs. Mayesville will be a good one.
  9. R

IVC 23-24

With a little better defense...Shadyside would/should have beat Hiland. Offensively, they played well enough to win. I really liked their PG and I thought their player movement + screens and ball movement kept Hiland on their toes all night. Some zone would have been a good choice...even if...
  10. R

Officiating Differences Girls v Boys

If I drive (initiate contact) and your hands are in and your feet are set and you fall over...defensive foul If I drive (initiate contact) and your hands are back and your feet are set and you fall over...offensive foul Great defenders defend with their feet and chest + hands back. If you have...
  11. R

IVC 23-24

Positive... If Tucci and Malvern bow out early (not make Final 4)...it's easier to go back and say "we were the 1st basketball team at malvern to have an undefeated regular season"....counter argument statement..."you were the 1st basketball team at malvern to have an undefeated regular season...
  12. R

IVC 23-24

2007-08 Season Boys Basketball Garaway (D3 State-Runner Up) Girls Basketball Garaway (D3 State-Runner Up) Hiland (D4 State Champs) River View (D2 State Champs) RV not in IVC...but pretty local.
  13. R

Spacing hand is taught as a technique to teach defenders how to keep proper spacing... 1. To make the shooter think twice about shooting 2. A measuring stick to not get beat off the dribble 3. Easier to deflect a cross over dribble If the offensive player takes your space on a dribble drive...
  14. R

Many coaches are starting to teach '1 hand on the hip' in boys and girls. The refs are allowing it. Huge advantage for defenders. The counter....you teach your kids to drive their forearm through their wrist and you look for pump fake opportunities in the paint to take your head through chins.
  15. R

IVC 23-24

IVC has 14 teams...Big 10 has 14 teams...(I know...HS to college comparison) IVC hands outs 14-16 1st ream awards. Big 10 hands outs 5-6. Who would be 5-6 in IVC...overall? Offensive player of year?? Also, would be nice to see a defensive player of year award handed out (i think defense...