Recent content by Purpleaviator

1. P

Top 5 Stark county teams of the playoff era?

See above , I was factoring divisions into my decision. CCHS was D3 and Perry was D1. Perry was also pretty good and as such that result isn’t that surprising.
  2. P

Does anyone have any non Massillon/ McKinley or Catholic school teams that they feel should be considered ?
  3. P

I never saw that team on the field but if you lose to a 5-4 team chances are your are not one of the top 5 teams. Perhaps very talented.
  4. P

True but the fact that they got trashed by Mck in the first place makes me go with the 98 team. The 98 team had Mike Doss which means they could beat anybody. McKinley also has Steve Smith at C/MLB who was a beast, Antonio Hall OL/DL, Kevin Smith at TE and DE , Garret Bush at OL/ DL. Those guys...
  5. P

I think that’s a pretty good list if you are considering head to head matchups of the teams. The Massillon teams you listed more than likely would have handled the CCC teams and STA teams I listed previously.
  6. P

Thanks, you are welcome to consider teams however you like. 1998 McKinley behind Massillon 2005 though? Just out of curiosity why do you think that team is superior?
  7. P

Defensively they were better. Offense was questionable. I feel like the 97 team would be able to move the ball on them and be able to stop them. One things for sure that’d be one physical football game.
  8. P

Agreed. Obviously there have even been some teams from Perry, Glenoak, or Massillon that would’ve beaten these teams head to head.
  9. P

Feel free to rank however you like. Really my own opinion isn’t that important. I was trying to take divisions into consideration as well what that team accomplished within their own division. You can make a list using whatever criteria you like. I’m just curious what people’s thoughts are on this.
  10. P

Respectively for their divisions they were fantastic teams they won a state championship, something only 7 stark county teams can claim to have accomplished in the playoff era. Yes had they played Moeller or Ignatius they would have been destroyed but there are divisions for a reason. No offense...
  11. P

Feel free to share your own lists. I’m not trolling and never mentioned Massillon as they did not meet the criteria I was using. But you can list 5 state runner ups if you’d like to.
  12. P

I’ll start off with my top 5. 5. 1998 Canton McKinley 4. 1984 St. Thomas Aquinas 3. 1981 Canton McKinley 2. 2000 Canton Central Catholic 1. 1997 Canton McKinley Feel free to rank however you want . Winning a championship weighed heavily into my rankings. However, there are always those...
  13. P

Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

I never said I cared I was just pointing out that is a a fairly large competitive balance number, what is attracting all of these young men to take up there studies at WHS?
  14. P

Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

What makes us irrelevant? Probably because we haven’t won an OHSAA tournament title in football?
  15. P

Massillon FOOTBALL 2020

Because you guys are so sensitive. It’s just too much fun. Why do you guys care what I think about your paper tigers? I really don’t care what you think about my town or team.