Recent content by Prof912

1. P

2024 Elder Football

So, if the big shadow day works out, will be start being referred to as "St. Ed's south"???
  2. P

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

I find the contrast between the way Fr. Matt and the way Fr. Ben run their families. Fr. Matt seems to be all about downsizing a little at a time while Fr. Ben has let the "status quo" remain for two years. It really stinks that some parishes in one family are down to a single mass while, in...
  3. P

Elder Enrollment Strategy

It is slightly lower than previous years but I also heard that they drew kids from almost 30 different grade schools.
  4. P

What's interesting is that, after Seton opened their coffee shop, both St. Ursula and Mercy McAuley followed suit. The bottom line, at least with teenage girls, is that most (but not all) will choose a school based on where their friends are going. If the academic, athletic or spiritual...
  5. P

Are you a true West Sider??

Has anyone else noticed that the traffic light from Nebraska (near the Crow's Nest) turning onto Rapid Run is extremely short all of a sudden? The last few afternoons traffic on Nebraska was backed-up past the Crow's Nest onto West Eighth. I timed it on a couple days this week and from the...
  6. P

While it is nice to be mentioned in these rankings the only ranking that matters is enrollment. If your enrollment is increasing or stable you are doing well. If your enrollment is decreasing you are yesterday's news. Really proud of the leadership at Elder who are never satisfied and are...
  7. P

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

This family of parishes lists mass attendance in their bulletin. I find it interesting that they list not only how many people attended but how many empty seats there were. Sounds to me like they are documenting attendance to support a church/parish closing down the road. Here are the latest...
  8. P

The other reason for staying put in Price Hill is that both schools (Elder and Seton) are continuing to draw people from the east side of town. While those numbers are not a high percentage of enrollment now they are growing. Should a campus relocate further to the west that may impact the...
  9. P

LaSalle has recently posted a job opening for a new principal. Not sure if the current principal is leaving on his own or has been asked to leave. https://www.lasallehs.net/media/user/about-section-documents/Principal%202023%20job%20description.pdf
  10. P

From what I have heard the numbers are similar for Mercy McAuley. Could there be a merger between LaSalle and Mercy McAuley in the near future? McNicholas is the co-ed Catholic school on the eastside. Could there also be one in the future on the westside?
  11. P

Another thought I had: With Engine Company 24 located by Rapid Run Park it will be interesting to see how one of the city's busiest fire stations handles the change in traffic pattern and whether it will impact response times or not.
  12. P

I drove Glenway today for the first time since they made changes. Where the lane markers used to be they put a solid white line on the north side of the street (Price Hill Chili side) to designate the parking lane. There is a center turn lane with appropriate left turn lanes inserted. There...
  13. P

Just a heads-up if you travel on Glenway between West High and Seton. A major pattern change will take place between now and August to "calm" traffic issues down. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction with a dedicated center turn lane and 24/7 parking on both sides of the...
  14. P

We drove by tonight also and decided to wait awhile until the initial crowds go down. Since it is the only Roy's open in the area so far you may get people coming from all over initially. I saw that Patrick's (which is around the corner from Skyline/Roy's on 128) has now become a Mexican...
  15. P

2022 Girls Soccer State Tournament Pairings

Here's a video of a game they played against Lincoln a couple of months ago: