Recent content by OUcats82

1. OUcats82

Most consecutive years winning over a single opponent

Colerain joined the GMC in 1997. From 1997 to 2019 they only lost 6 GMC games (2 in 97, 3 in 99, and 1 in 2008). Fairfield, Hamilton, Lakota East, Lakota West, Middletown, and Princeton each notched a win. Since setting the record for most consecutive conference championships in 2019, the...
  2. OUcats82

Who's enhancing their stadium in 2024?

Did they swap the home and visitor stands at Milford or have they just had a nicer visitor side for a while? The press box and bleachers look a lot larger and nicer than most I've seen!
  3. OUcats82

GMC 23-24

Good call. That was about 20 years ago and he only played maybe a year or two at that. Remember his coming to his senses and leaving Akron for the green and white school!
  4. OUcats82

GMC 23-24

It is kind of mind blowing that Colerain has not really had a player that has even mid-major D1 potential come through their hall ways in I don't even know how long.
  5. OUcats82

Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

The fact that the new coach went about as far away as possible from this tells you all you need to know that he was the wrong hire.
  6. OUcats82

Those are fair points. I personally have seen a lot of GCL teams who didn't seem to pose much of a threat coming into the playoffs come on strong in the postseason and end a lot of seasons early for Colerain so I personally have a bit of an imbalanced view of their potential.
  7. OUcats82

About the same as in football. The AD hired a new hoops coach who is minimally more qualified than the football version. Bowling and wrestling might be competitive.
  8. OUcats82

Nate Mahon Out at West Clermont

I believe he was already away from the team going back to earlier in the season, with an interim HC at the WC helm?
  9. OUcats82

Agreed. Would need some kind of scenario with state money and even that may not be enough. There are quite a few empty nesters who would likely go against it, not to mention a high volume of Section 8 housing owners that would likely not want to pay higher taxes. Chances are they don't live...
  10. OUcats82

There are some videos on YouTube of those great teams. Video is 80s quality but it's there to watch, if interested.
  11. OUcats82

The program is likely going to be poor for the foreseeable future. Too many leadership (beyond coaching) and other issues to overcome.
  12. OUcats82

GMC Football 2023

FWIW.... Colerain's team is comprised largely of players who attended both Colerain and White Oak Middle Schools. I believe this year's seniors who came from Colerain Middle won the GMC as 8th graders, with the current Fairfield QB at the helm. Many of those players have moved away to play at...
  13. OUcats82

GMC Football 2023

All true things. But that grass is greener thing can capture many. High school players move around like never before.
  14. OUcats82

GMC Football 2023

Ouch.
  15. OUcats82

GMC Football 2023

Per the Enquirer, Fairfield won 37-30 in OT.