Recent content by Nosono

1. Nosono

No Stands or Access to Finish Line @Fitch

Why not just move it for one year to one of the bajillion other schools in the region that could host it if you are doing renovations? It isn't like Fitch is centrally located or anything. The unwillingness of the OHSAA/NEO DAB to make changes when it is called for is pretty impressive.
  2. Nosono

Shin issues

Consider doing Ebbet's foot drills: These strengthen a number of supporting muscles around the foot ankle, shin, etc. I picked these up from the Hunters when they were coaching at Loudon Valley in VA. https://apexmovement.com/six-foot-drills
  3. Nosono

Prayers for Minerva

This would be 100% the right thing to do. How do we make it happen? Petition? Email? Who would we contact at OHSAA?
  4. Nosono

NFHS Rule Changes for 2023

History aside, there is no reason to have it if you also have a 4x100 and 4x400. After the girls pole vault was added, they should have dropped it totally.
  5. Nosono

NFHS Rule Changes for 2023

If we are talking about novelty events, it would be far more preferable than having the 4x200 as a part of every meet.
  6. Nosono

4 divisions for track?

This is a colossally bad take. In one year, one school has a pair of brothers that are throwing prodigies. There will always be outlying situations like this, but it is hardly justification to keep the setup as it currently is.
  7. Nosono

Middle School 4 x800 M Relay Added

I don't see any reason for smaller weekday meets that you couldn't run boys and girls 4x800 at the same time.
  8. Nosono

Ohio's FASTEST Boys - 100m All-Time - Top 10

So I remember being at the Bedford relays a long time ago and seeing LaShaunte Edwards (later of U Akron track) run 10.35. A quick google search confirmed this happened in 1997 and was/is referenced in stadium records like the entry list below...
  9. Nosono

A little snippet of a MAJOR, long-term project - All State Meet T&F Winners

If you ever want to put it into an sql/database format let me know (after XC season :) ) . Going from excel it is fairly easy. I'm not familiar with Hytek's backend, but there are a number of other options out there that are free or relatively cheap.
  10. Nosono

A little snippet of a MAJOR, long-term project - All State Meet T&F Winners

Do you have this in an actual database? It'd be really cool to publish something online if this was the case. But that is awesome that you have taken the time to do this. Well done.
  11. Nosono

XC Relay change?

Was there a change to this rule? 3. Cross Country competition must follow the National Federation Cross Country Rule 8 relative to determining team rankings based on order of finish of individuals. Rankings based on time are not approved. Relay type races are not sanctioned. If not... how...
  12. Nosono

Boardman

The course was definitely slow...humidity/heat was part of that no doubt. I also feel like the surface there was incredibly soft for the lack of recent rains and higher than usual temps we've been having. Ashland 2 weeks ago was like cement. This was more like a sponge than I thought it...
  13. Nosono

Caleb Vorin from Whiteoak: Fake Results on Athletic.net

I've heard of this kid before. He's either a transfer from Bishop Sycamore or he is one of Lauri Loughlin's nephews, I forget.
  14. Nosono

XC District 2021

Good catch by you -- I failed to notice that the first time through as well.