Recent content by multisportdad

1. M

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison

Something else that is missing is legal representation. What percentage of defendants by race were represented by public defenders as opposed to personal paid representation?
  2. M

Bill Barr and Donald Trump both said you can vote twice yesterday.

You mean you can actually vote twice and not go to prison? I thought voting twice was a felony?
  3. M

Bill Barr and Donald Trump both said you can vote twice yesterday.

did you listen to his comment on voting? If you didn't you probably should. If you did, then this is an outright lie. He said vote absentee and then go to the polls and vote in case your absentee vote wasn't tabulated.
  4. M

Blake Shooting

So the situation is relevant? What if he had a gun in his pants and he reached for it, after ignoring multiple commands to not do it? Could they shoot him in the back then? Or would that be cowardly? What if they shot him from the front while he reached into the car, after ignoring...
  5. M

Disdain for the Less Educated Is the Last Acceptable Prejudice

Reading the comments makes me think that there are plenty of readers of the NYT that still don't get it.
  6. M

Blake Shooting

Oh, I get it now. If there is an active shooter the police are obligated to move around to his front so that they do not shoot him in the back. Otherwise they are cowards, because they shot him in the back. The situation isn't relevant. Now I understand. My bad.
  7. M

Blake Shooting

They did not shoot him in the back as he walked to his car. He was shot because he started to reach into his car. The officers do not know what he is reaching for. At that time the suspect's back was the target presented to the officer who shot him. One police officer did not shoot because...
  8. M

Anyone else glued to the weather channel?

I just watched that and realized 1) I have know idea what area of the country she was from, or 2) what her forecast was, other than it was might be cold.
  9. M

Just Tackle the Guy

I disagree. Ohio Revised Code. 2307.601. No duty to retreat in residence or vehicle As used in this section: Residence" and "vehicle" have the same meanings as in section 2901.05 of the Revised Code. "Tort action" has the same meaning as in section 2307.60 of the Revised Code. For purposes...
  10. M

Blake Shooting

I keep forgetting who I am arguing with. Carry on.
  11. M

Blake Shooting

We know that now. The police at the time did not know that. But you know that.
  12. M

Blake Shooting

Good question. And one the police did not know the answer to at the time of the incident. Why was he reaching into the car? In that situation, I think it is reasonable to think that he was going to grab a more potent weapon. Thus, the police decided to neutralize him.
  13. M

Blake Shooting

Complete conjecture on my part. He had the knife on his person. He dropped it and it ended up on the floorboard when he was shot.
  14. M

Just Tackle the Guy

If you can't handle getting shot, then comply with orders by police officers.
  15. M

Just Tackle the Guy

Absolutely correct. This would have been a perfect time for him demonstrate to his kids how to to react when stopped by the police. We ask the police to do the impossible, and then believe we have the right to Monday morning quarterback when things go wrong. Shoot him in the leg. Tackle him...