Recent content by KnightofOld

1. K

Fenwick Head Coach HOT BOARD

I wonder if the Morrison guy (former Alter coach) and currently a coordinator at St. X would apply or be interested? He is a young coach with a plenty of fire and energy. He would definitely be a strong candidate to be the next head coach at Alter when Domsitz retires.
  2. K

Way Too Early 2023 GCL-Coed Predictions/Thoughts

Checked out Joe Eitel for Region 16... Fenwick has gone from 4-0 to 4-3 and maybe wins Week 10 vs Carroll to finish 5-5? The non conference schedule looks really bad and I thought I read Fenwick scored at the end to slip past a bad Monroe team?
  3. K

Trotwood-Madison (2-1) @ Alter (2-1)

Badin has Alter's number and will continue for years to come. Last time Alter beat Badin it was the playoffs in 2020 and it has gone downhill since that Covid season. I think the heir to take over will be someone from outside the program or someone that comes back.
  4. K

Trotwood-Madison (2-1) @ Alter (2-1)

Part of the issue is coming down to overall coaching quality.... Alter is not the great coaching, great game planning, "out scheme opponent" staff anymore... if you go to any of the games you will half the sideline is full of old guard veterans that do not contribute to the program. I have seen...
  5. K

GCL co/ed 2022

Again, Alter had pretty much a bare cabinet with their senior class. I know their numbers in grades 9-11th are pretty solid (9th grade is 35 ish kids). However, you look at the coaching side line and there's a bunch of old guys living in the 1970s and 1980s that bring no football knowledge...
  6. K

GCL co/ed 2022

Fenwick hasn't produced anything good since 2015
  7. K

GCL co/ed 2022

Some pillow fights last night: Alter rolls Thurgood Fenwick is 2-0 playing the two other worst schools in the area; Franklin and Madison. CJ beats Belmont Carroll gets throttled by Tecumseh.
  8. K

GCL co/ed 2022

I think Alter's only hope is the passing game. They've been practicing a lot of spread in the summer/August. If they try to run the wishbone on Fairmont, they won't pick up any first downs. Unfortunately, I don't see Alter stopping Fairmont on defense; they didn't last year with all the talent...
  9. K

GCL co/ed 2022

Sounds like incompetence to me... Last year and this year have been a cluster with the organization when it comes to scheduling, hosting a 7v7, and finding scrimmages. I know they had Coach Morrison in charge of that, and he did a great job finding scrimmages, filling in open dates, and hosting...
  10. K

GCL co/ed 2022

New turf usually runs around $500K now doesn't it? That's just replacement cost since you are not starting from scratch with foundation or drainage system etc. I know Alter is putting new turf in as soon as the Fall Sports Season ends. A combination of poor maintenance and over-usage has caused...
  11. K

GCL co/ed 2022

League predictions: Badin McNicholas Alter CJ Fenwick Carroll Badin continues to dominate and is headed in the right direction of becoming the new power. Alter has slipped even though they have had more talent the past few years; Simply put, Badin outcoaches and outplays Alter. I believe...
  12. K

GCL Co-ed 21/22

Surely it's not about talent or style... Alter took Princeton to the woodshed Saturday by 30. Tournament begins in a week... win or go home and anything can happen.
  13. K

GCL Co-Ed 2021

Go back to 8 teams and not every team making the playoffs because of Covid and expansions to 6 and the only team who's accomplished a regional final appearance or greater in the past 15 years has been Massie unless I'm forgetting a river school from awhile back
  14. K

GCL Co-Ed 2021

Looks good!
  15. K

#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

I am referring that #4 wouldn't start on a freshman team aka #daddyball and the other WR #24? is not good either.