Recent content by Kballer

1. K

Winton Woods Warriors 2020

I just read this- prayers for Chris and his family.
  2. K

Urbana University Closing Permanently

I feel the opposite is true- the more liberal the college the more they are saying we need to stay shut down this fall. Maybe that’s not the faculty, I haven’t really heard, but the admins at the Ivies in particular have been the most vocal about shutting down early and staying shut.
  3. K

The amount of college seniors who had jobs lined up post graduation that have now disappeared or are on hold is even more alarming
  4. K

In regards to the D3 comment- not all D1 sports are fully funded or allowed full rides For the entire team by NCAA. There are scholarship deals to be had at excellent D3 schools for nearly the same price as D1 and may be a much better academic situation. I’d send my kid to Case Western or...
  5. K

Yes it is- wasn’t knocking it, just pointing out that some had the cart before the horse in thinking. Colleges will likely not open up campuses this fall - not beciase of how they atudents are affected but because of drawing from all over the world, living in close quarters and sharing common...
  6. K

Urbana University To Cease Operations

There are definite tiers of small schools here in Ohio as far as financial sustainability. The top tier are all also competitive academic institutions that draw most of their kids from out of state- Chicago, California and the East Coast. Oberlin, case western, Denison, OWU, Kenyon, DePauw to...
  7. K

I think some of you have it a little backwards- some of the D3 schools thrive only because they draw in athletes. Their coaches are mandated by the admins to pull in as many kids as they can (especially ones paying tuition rather than relying on financial aid). These schools would not be afloat...
  8. K

Gov. Mike DeWine just announced that Ohio's public schools will be closed for three weeks, beginning Monday, due to the coronavirus threat.

I get my Panera cinnamon crunch bagels sliced like bread so there is an even amount of cinnamon crunch on each little slice of heaven. Plus if I am being cheap I can get half the amount of bagels to split amongst the kids. And yes, I lived in NY so I know this is sacrilegious to do to a bagel...
  9. K

You get sick and GOP senators get rich

I don’t disagree- it’s a bad look and likely is going to be a problem for them wether it is legit insider trading from intel or not. I just have seen a lot of chatter from people who seem completely blindsided by the markets drop and that anyone who sold before then had to be cheating. Um no...
  10. K

You get sick and GOP senators get rich

I definitely don’t like the optics on this and think the GOP needed to give some direction on Burrs “statement” in order to stop the bleeding. Can’t afford to lose the senate or this country will look back on March 2020 fondly compared to what a democratic controlled senate wreaks on us. But—...
  11. K

Are cheerleaders essential to the game?

As a mom who has had a daughter cheer (as well as play other sports) and sons who played football/basketball- imho cheerleaders are not essential in these circumstances. I thought it was ridiculous they had them and their parents in the gym when they limited spectators.
  12. K

Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

It is a shame. 4 tickets per family of players. Yes it will move like wildfire, hopefully burn out just as quickly. I think this is premature for our area and is unsustainable for the next 4-8 weeks.
  13. K

Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

Ha- HER daughter. I merely thought the story by Dyer behind the shot was a cool anecdote (for those who know how to actually read) and reminded me of my daughters team and some of the crazy stuff they practiced, but yes- I will spare you all the details...
  14. K

Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

You are a charmer😉!!