Recent content by just a fan

1. just a fan

2019 - 2020 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Schedule

Disappointing night, but a very good season. Best of luck to the seniors! Hopefully this game experience will help prepare the kids returning for a longer tournament run next year.
  2. just a fan

D1 Cleveland Regional

Based on the following info from the OHSAA website, I'm guessing there won't be video streaming... "media outlets may provide live video of the regional boys basketball tournaments by paying the tape-delay rights fee." Audio streams that I'm aware of are...
  3. just a fan

2019/20 Federal League Standings, Schedules,Scores, etc.

Congrats to Green on a great season. Best of luck to the seniors! McKinley is playing well....keep it up.
  4. just a fan

Ignore Brian. A week ago, he predicted that Green would win the District.
  5. just a fan

It is well known that Brian is a Nordonia fan. McKinley fans aren't concerned about what Brian says, but you should be because he has a habit of making bold predictions and being wrong. There are four teams remaining and all four are capable of winning the district.
  6. just a fan

The district is over because Green beat Dover?
  7. just a fan

Massillon at McKinley 2/29 Sectional Final

LOL, let me clarify on my last post. Of course Massillon would have won had they maintained their 10 point lead late in the 2nd quarter. I meant had they taken that lead into the locker room for the half.
  8. just a fan

Had Massillon been able to maintain their 10 point lead late in the 2nd quarter, I think they'd have won this game. Fortunately for us Bulldog fans, McKinley reduced the lead to 1 at the half. Congrats to Massillon on a solid season. The kids left it all on the court tonight and that's all you...
  9. just a fan

I stand corrected. Both teams were horrible at the foul line. 19-35 (54%) McKinley 9-21 (43%) Massillon
  10. just a fan

Had McKinley made their foul shots, they would have won with relative ease. Fortunate to be able to move on.
  11. just a fan

D1 Canton

It hasn't started yet...starts on the 21st. The earlier start is a reason for the timing of the seeding.
  12. just a fan

Hoover got off to a 14-0 lead to start the game and McKinley spent the night playing catch up. They got their first lead in the game with 59 seconds remaining. They are fortunate to get the W. Great effort by Hoover.
  13. just a fan

AP Poll

It's usually on the OHSAA website within a day or two of the poll release. Here's this week's poll results.... https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Basketball-Girls/2020/GBBAPPollJan14.pdf
  14. just a fan

2019 - 2020 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Schedule

It's been difficult getting information on the team/program this year. It seems that, in addition to coach Davis, the support departed. That said, when you have five freshman on varsity, you are likely to have a rough season.
  15. just a fan

They were undefeated, but I don't think there's been a state poll released yet.