Recent content by Impalaman

1. I

Whitmer's leading scorer played with 5 fouls in 4Q of D1 Regional Final

In this case the ref gave the scorer's table the number of the player fouled (11) instead of the number of the player committing the foul (2). Coincidentially, Whitmer also had a #11 on the floor at this time. If the ref had given a number that no Whitmer player on the floor was wearing, the...
  2. I

Whitmer's leading scorer played with 5 fouls in 4Q of D1 Regional Final

Many years ago rosters would list a home number (even #) and an away number (odd#) for each player. This wouldn't have happened if this was still the case.
  3. I

New enrollment numbers?

so if they vote to decide opting up to D1, does the lowest enrollment team in D1 drop to D2 every time a school opts up ?
  4. I

High schools that you remember from years ago that no longer exist

I know there are several schools that are public that sound like they are parochial, Sts Peter & Paul was the winner in this category.
  5. I

High schools that you remember from years ago that no longer exist

There was also a Market Street School in Warren that I believe was for students that were considered special education students. They didn't have football but competed in class A in basketball when there was AA and A, and maybe when there was AAA. Doing a google search provides very limited...
  6. I

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

Wasn't this also Bernie Kosar's junior season ?
  7. I

The 1982 Parade All-American team included Glenn Mogle, who had moved from Howland to Sarasota, Florida before playing varsity. He grew to 6-9 240, and went on to play for Michigan before hurting his back. When asked what motivated him in a print interview, he stated that the varsity basketball...
  8. I

Sorry, I guess my memory failed me. Either I remember a game against some other team or my mind exaggerated my neighbors accomplishments.
  9. I

John Burns, like Tom Ahern from the previous year, also played for Northwestern, one of at least 6 Tigers to play for the Wildcats over the years. he was moved from WR to HB near the beginning of the Fitch game and absolutely destroyed the Falcons that night.
  10. I

A couple of things about some of the Howland players on the all-SVC team. 1. Tom Ahern played for Northwestern, 2. Ted Wade, who had 90 yard interception return for a TD against Mooney at the end of the 1st half, was tragically murdered in 1977...
  11. I

My guess would be that no one in the picture was a freshman since the reason that Maurice Clarett supposedly didn't go to Mooney was that Don Bucci had told his father and him that freshmen don't play varsity at Mooney..
  12. I

Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

I guess it's safe to assume that the retired coach from South Range is not interested in getting back in coaching for a new challenge, since he'd have to be the frontrunner with his record ?
  13. I

Didn't East close, then reopen when Rayen and Wilson cloosed in a new building ? At one time Youngstown, Warren, and Canton had 12 high schools combined that had football teams. That number is now 4 and at one time was 3.
  14. I

orange fb job

Did the original poster mean Olentangy Orange or Pepper Pike Orange ? Columbus new money or Cleveland old money. Polaris or Chagrin Blvd.
  15. I

JJHuddle Alumni!

I always thought it was funny that they let you abbreviate SVSM, but not CVCA.