Recent content by Hback

1. H

Could High School Sports be shut down.

Speaking as a coach, and I'll preface it with that I am in my 30's and healthy, I understand the severity and seriousness of COVID but I still want to coach and have a season. If that means no fans, so be it. Our team, our staff WANT to play. If given that opportunity we will take it. Am I...
  2. H

DV State Semifinal: Otsego (10-0) vs. Kirtland (9-0)

39-13 Kirtland advances. It was close for a half but Kirtland just wore down Otsego. As many thought, Otsego just didn’t have enough to match up with Kirtland. Great year nonetheless for the Knights. I think Kirtland gets the 3-peat next weekend.
  3. H

Could High School Sports be shut down.

The timing is just completely terrible. While I understand nobody has control over it - teams are getting ready to play their first game next Friday (girls) and then boys the next week. Some teams have already had 15 plus practices and 2-3 scrimmages. If a "pause" does indeed happen, what does...
  4. H

'pausing the start of the winter sports season'

The timing is just completely terrible. While I understand nobody has control over it - teams are getting ready to play their first game next Friday (girls) and then boys the next week. Some teams have already had 15 plus practices and 2-3 scrimmages. If a "pause" does indeed happen, what does...
  5. H

The ride ends for the Knights this week. Kirtland just a different animal. 42-17 Kirtland
  6. H

D5 R18 Final - Eastwood vs Otsego

Emmet Getz. He’s a junior. He will have quite the senior year if they utilize him next year. Nice all around athlete. Solid basketball player. He’s a high jumper in track. Freak of an athlete for his size. He replaced Rayford last year in the final 3 games of the season and really came on...
  7. H

Last years Oak Harbor would beat this years Otsego, in my opinion. While the Knights are talented, great running back and super solid quarterback, I think Kirtland wins by 17+. Otsego will see the best offense and defense they’ve faced all year Saturday.
  8. H

Just looked it up. Leiter has rushed for 886 yards in the playoffs. 247, 186, 247, and 206. Insane! Hopefully he can play this week.
  9. H

Is Otsego’s running back out for this game? He left game early in 4th quarter against Eastwood and didn’t return. I think he’s rushed for almost a 1000 yards in the playoffs alone.
  10. H

44 yard field goal by Otsego to go up by 10 with 2 minutes to go. That should do it. Otsego/Kirtland(?) final four next week. Good luck Knights!
  11. H

Eastwood and Otsego swap turnover on downs. 4:30 to go. Otsego ball up 7 on their 48. Both teams with 3 timeouts.
  12. H

Couple turnovers by both teams to end the quarter. Otsego looked to lose their running back to an injury though. 28-21 Knights. Otsego ball driving on the Eastwood 43. A score here all but seals it for Otsego.
  13. H

28-21 Knights. All Otsego the last 15 minutes. 21 unanswered points. Eagles on the ropes.
  14. H

21-21 at half. Great game so far. Otsego may have some momentum right now. Opening possession will be big here for both teams.
  15. H

14-6 Eastwood after 1st. opening kickoff returned for touchdown to start the game for Eastwood. Back and forth since.