Recent content by golden dawn

1. G

URSULINE & CARDINAL MOONEY IN 2023?

Point taken, but Ursuline's proximity to YSU and the expressway provides a direct route to Ursuline's campus that is arguably a safer commute than having to drive through the neighborhoods on the south side where Mooney is nestled. I get that Youngstown has crime problems in general, but the...
  2. G

Could you elaborate a bit more? The story behind the failed move out of the south side remains shrouded in mystery to those of us on the outside.
  3. G

Region 9: #1 Youngstown Ursuline vs #7 Chardon

Right back at you, Struthers. Defend Youngstown.
  4. G

Region 9: #1 Youngstown Ursuline vs #7 Chardon

Leave the Golden Dawn out ya mouth! ;) Go IRISH! Defend Youngstown.
  5. G

It is really sad how quickly the tides turned in Youngstown. Mooney seemed like an unstoppable force in the 80's and 90's with many of my grade school peers north of the river choosing the trendy, DeBartolo fueled Erie St over Wick Ave. A lot of this seemed to be a function of the wealthier...
  6. G

EXACTLY.
  7. G

Does PJ still coach somewhere, and does his son get playing time on varsity at the U? That has got to be a weird situation. Any insight from those closer to the situation?
  8. G

Battle of the Irish 2023 Ursuline 6-0 at SVSM 4-2

Youngstown boys for the win!
  9. G

Future of Boardman Football

If the current state of Boardman football is tracking down the addresses of players at opposing schools and blaming teachers contracts, I am not sure the future is bright for the Spartans. I know it is water under the bridge at this point, but the demise of the old SVC (Boardman, Fitch, Harding...
  10. G

Week 6: Austintown Fitch (4-1) vs Ursuline (5-0)

Also, a shout-out to the Irish special teams for pulling off some great plays. They came up big and helped to sustain the momentum.
  11. G

A whoopin' in Wedgewood! Nice work, IRISH!!! ☘️
  12. G

Let's get it done URSUILINE for the all the St. Joseph, Immaculate Heart, and St. Anne's alumni who had to endure the taunts of the locals over the years.
  13. G

Notre Dame has been legally cracking down on high schools that use their logo, and so expect to see less and less of the leprachaun moving forward on Ursuline gear. We aren't a Youngstown CITY school but we have always been Youngstown Ursuline. Moreover, I like to think Ursuline is a point of...
  14. G

Thanks for the update for those of us who couldn't make it. Was there a trend in the type of penalties or just random mishaps?
  15. G

Steubenville @ Youngstown Ursuline

Only clowns puff smoke from their horsey noses. Later Stueubenville. See you around.