Recent content by Fayette79

1. F

Ohio's Oldest League the NWOAL

Pretty good night for the NWOAL in non-league action. Surprised by Wauseon's loss at Rossford and Swanton losing to Genoa but other then that solid effort. Archbold knocking off Toledo Christian was a little surprising also but in a good way for the league. LC had a big win over a good...
  2. F

Interesting league race so far. I really thought Bryan would be a major player in the league race but they have been a little disappointing so far. Wauseon and Evergreen seem to be the top 2 but Wauseon as they normally do, lost the league game to Archbold. Indians are better then the...
  3. F

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying this!
  4. F

Liberty is the wild card in the race. Great football town and they know how to compete in pressure situations because of that football success. I still think they knock one of the "Usual" Big 3 off at some point this season.
  5. F

Been interesting so far...last year the league had great guard play...so far this year the league is down a little as far as guard play goes...anyone of 5 teams could win the league this year I think.
  6. F

12/21 Scores

I was told by an Archbold fan they had 3 starters out with the flu...any truth to this?
  7. F

Really surprised by the way the Vikings have started the year...was thinking they would be dynamite right out of the gate.
  8. F

Heisman Finalists

We have to beat Clemson first...our track record is not good against Clemson.
  9. F

Interesting...curious as to why the OHSAA claims the NWOAL is the oldest league.
  10. F

Any thoughts on the upcoming season? Can anyone hang with Evergreen?
  11. F

Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

If we(osu) or Clemson somehow stumble you could see 3 SEC teams in Playoff if: 1.) Georgia beats LSU in SEC title game 2.) Oregon/Utah are unimpressive in their title game 3.) Bama is impressive in beating Auburn without Tua Then you have the following in the playoff 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 LSU...
  12. F

Favorite Defensive Scheme

Base 5-2 but varies with opponent... Spread team you use a 4-1 front with LB spying or blitzing 50/50 team stay in 5-2 Run team you use a 6-3 and force them to throw.
  13. F

Division VI - Region 23 Championship: Anna (11-1) vs. Archbold (11-1)

I am going to guess the Coldwater folks will tell you differently after last year...lol
  14. F

Division VII - Region 26 Championship: Patrick Henry (9-3) vs. Leipsic (11-1)

TJ Rhamy was the most impressive player I saw this year...don't normally see a QB playing NT also. He NEVER came off the field in the 2 games I saw him play. Mental Toughness goes a long way in the playoffs...Patriots mentally tougher and win this 18-14 in a classic defensive struggle!
  15. F

Division VI - Region 23 Championship: Anna (11-1) vs. Archbold (11-1)

Rolly, I assume you are an LC fan and if you are then maybe you can explain something to me...I graduated from Fayette and live in Wauseon so I have no connection to either team obviously but enjoy NWOAL football. What I need help with is this...LC is much more physical then Archbold and they...