Recent content by ELK Strong

1. ELK Strong

GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

damn - I did not see that one coming
  2. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

Beavercreek is bad. Elks better not take Miamisburg lightly.
  3. ELK Strong

What the heck happened to Boro here? I thought Boro had a chance to win this game. Wow!
  4. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

GO ELKS! Pound to Beavers tonight
  5. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

The Elks should win big tomorrow. I don't understand the "pad" comment. According to GWOC site, the Elks are averaging 3.3 rush yards per attempt vs averaging 6.5 pass yards per attempt. It looks like we are more effective passing the ball vs running it. I like our RB a lot, but we just...
  6. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

I agree the offense could be more efficient - not sure how much play-calling figures into the slow starts. Offense is scoring 22 points/game (6th in GWOC) and defense is giving up 28 points/game (7th in GWOC). It looks like the offense needs to score more points and the defense needs to give...
  7. ELK Strong

I would say right now that Springfield, Northmont, Coffman, and Boro are the 4 teams to beat in our region to make it to the final 4.
  8. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

The difference between Centerville and Springboro right now is that Boro expects to win and the Elks try hard. While I appreciate hard work and discipline, the coaches have to create a culture of "expecting to win". I noticed it in the body language 2nd half this past Friday. Boro came out...
  9. ELK Strong

The GWOC is deeper than the GMC this year. LW is the top dog this year, but think Mason would struggle in the GWOC. I would put Northmont, Springfield, Boro, Wayne, and Centerville ahead of Mason.
  10. ELK Strong

Centerville Football

In my opinion, the next 3-4 games (Creek, Burg, and playoffs) will determine what happens in the off-season here
  11. ELK Strong

WK 4 : Centerville (1-2) @ Springboro (1-1)

GWOC is pretty balanced this year. Northmont, Springfield, Wayne, Springboro, and Centerville are all right there and can win any week. Fairmont is close, followed by Miamisburg. The playoffs will be interesting because we have 6 teams that could make some noise. If the GWOC is a strong as I...
  12. ELK Strong

I am not sure why E83 shut down the thread, but this is not the right time to have a coach conversation - that is for end of season. I have been around the program since the late 90's, and we are struggling. The noise is loud with the record the last 3 years and getting louder. Always Curious...
  13. ELK Strong

Springfield @ Northmont

pretty close here, GWOC is fun this year
  14. ELK Strong

Defense is giving up 362 yards and 28.5 points/game this year, which is not good. I am surprised, but the Elks D is giving up more yards and points/game this year than the past 2 years. Scratching my head and frustrated. Too many blown coverages giving up easy points. On offense, the coaches...
  15. ELK Strong

Springfield @ Northmont

This game should be competitive. I give the slight edge to Northmont. If turnovers are even, Bolts win a close one.