Recent content by ELK Strong

1. ELK Strong

Best HS Football Stadium for each State

who has this proposed stadium?
  2. ELK Strong

Dayton Area Basketball

Wayne kept it close with the Elks and probably should have won. Up 9 mid 4th, the Warriors allowed Centerville to get hot from the 3pt line and didn't take care of the ball. Wayne handled the Elks pressure most of the game and their athleticism frustrated the Elks. I didn't think Wayne could...
  3. ELK Strong

Best HS Football Stadium for each State

Kettering Fairmont has the best stadium in the GWOC. No track and great home & away bleachers makes a big difference.
  4. ELK Strong

Dayton Area Basketball

I agree that Centerville is the best GWOC team, but I don't see the Elks past the sweet 16 this year. Elks are too dependent on the 3 point shot and don't have a dominating inside game. If a team has guards to handle the press and can defend the 3 point line, the Elks are more beatable this...
  5. ELK Strong

Dayton Area Basketball

We are going to find out really quick about where the Elks are - play Lasalle tomorrow and at Moeller on Saturday.
  6. ELK Strong

Corey Kiner (Rogers Bacon DV-LSU Commit) Named Ohio Mr. Football 2020

congrats to all the finalists
  7. ELK Strong

Gwoc

Relax! Be thankful the Cats have been a good team the last 2 years. Let's see how next season goes first.
  8. ELK Strong

Gwoc

I thought Rice should have won POY. He had more pass yards/game, more pass TDs, less INTs, GWOC Champs, and won the head-to-head vs. Springfield. He and the Bolts should not be penalized because COVID cancelled the rematch.
  9. ELK Strong

Gwoc

I had not thought of this...interesting. I don't see racial bias at all with these awards, but I do see too much weight put on playoff success determining these awards. I can see the GWOC coaches holding Rice's transfer against Northmont for post season awards. Regardless, Rice was probably...
  10. ELK Strong

Alter vs DeSales DIII State Semi-Finals

That is the same reason Linkhart left Creek for the Elks. Was QB Shane an Alter kid or move-in?
  11. ELK Strong

Gwoc

I think it is a 3 horse race - Springfield, Wayne, Centerville. Fairmont would be the 4th - they bring back their top 3 offensive threats QB, RB, WR like the Elks. Wayne biggest question mark is QB.
  12. ELK Strong

I was referencing college recruiting, not high school. College coaches come through Alter because of their kids' success in college. Alter still does their fair share of recruiting for high school. Didn't QB Shane come from Beavercreek?
  13. ELK Strong

Top schools in the state of Ohio

Njie was 6'9" with 7' wing span and the projected starting Center - but it is a huge loss and probably takes away the chance the Elks had to knock of Moe.
  14. ELK Strong

These are some good comments. Recruiting seems to be more about measurables and potential vs performance these days. I understand D1 kids have to check those boxes, but it seems like game performance should be weighted more. If you don't dominate in HS, how will you dominate in college? I do...
  15. ELK Strong

under-coached? what do you mean