Recent content by ElderMackStud

1. E

Incoming Freshman Class

Part of this could be tuition - $9,100 vs $11,300 - from what I hear from parents that send their boys to Cov Cath is you are starting to see alot more Ohio plates in the parking lot -
  2. E

Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Let's look at Coach Price's AAU record - goes beyond being a great coach.
  3. E

Would a shot clock even have mattered in this game - the teams were a combined 15/64 from the field
  4. E

How much to get into JO/travel volleyball matches?

Did this tournament have mostly Regional or National teams? I am on my second "stint" with my youngest daughter now involved and I have never seen that
  5. E

Moeller AD

Can we all agree that at the end of the end of the day, all (male/female) parochial schools “recruit” in some way – some more aggressive then others. There are open houses, grade school summer league teams, grade school camps, grade school tournaments held at the school facilities, art contest...
  6. E

Agree with this - all sports have been expanded to the point that these awards are watered down - welcome to the everyone gets a participation trophy & "second chance tournament" era.
  7. E

2021 Club Volleyball Season

Looks like a move in a positive direction - last weekend, Indy increased the number of people allowed in the facility to 35 from 25 per team. This weekend, St Louis is allowing ten parents to watch the game
  8. E

How much to get into JO/travel volleyball matches?

For the weekend or each day? Daily passes are usually around $10-$12 plus around $30 to park
  9. E

I don’t think anyone is saying it is doom & gloom, but there should be concerned. The last three games, they played against the same defensive scheme. The barely beat 2 sub-par teams and basically got blown out in the second half from a very good team. It will be interesting to see the...
  10. E

Q3 was the difference, St X made the shots when given the opportunity and Elder did not so you have to give some credit to St X. But Elder will see that defensive scheme the remainder of the season. No one is playing help side defense and letting someone get an open look from the three-point...
  11. E

Don't disagree that playing with a "spark. Talking smack during a game is one thing but yelling crap at someone after you beat them is a whole different situation. You should win/lose with grace. Besides, why on Earth would you want to poke that bear. Moeller will not forget that. If the...
  12. E

The St Louis President's Day tournament is not allowing fans other than two parents/volunteers to line judge and keep the score/book. Talked with a buddy who's daughter is playing up in Northern Ohio this weekend. The girls are not keeping score/line judging - they will be parent volunteers...
  13. E

It was a huge win for the program but while watching online, one of Elder's announcers made a comment that one of the Elder players was yelling at the Moeller bench. I watched the replay at the court level, you can see that player yelling towards the Moeller bench.
  14. E

The D1 landscape is a lot different today than it was even 20 years ago – so much more opportunity for a D1 scholarship today as there are more D1 schools, there are other areas for sports scholarships so you got less people playing specific sports, etc. In the 80’s thru early 2000’s, many of...
  15. E

Good news, it appears that the tournaments are going full force for the girls this season but with mix approaches to spectators. Have heard that some stay to play tourneys in Jan/Feb are not allowing spectators other than just two parents - one to line judge and the other to keep score. Only...