Recent content by ElderHSfan02

1. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

This is good news. I do think high school kids should be able to profit off their NIL, but this cannot be rushed. There needs to be some very strict guidelines to regulate this. I think the biggest thing is there should not be any NIL deals prior to a student enrolling in a school, because...
  2. E

2022 Elder Football

Elder seems to play better at Lakewood for some reason.
  3. E

2022 Elder Baseball

Elder lost to Badin at home 4-2. Now 13-8 overall. They are off today with games coming up Thursday, Wednesday, Friday vs. Summit Country Day, Highlands, and Harrison.
  4. E

2022 Elder Football

Yes, I found that also when I looked back during their week 4 matchup with St. Edward this past season. Facing St. Ed's on the road 1997 Won 35-28 3OT at Lakewood 2007 lost 10-7 at ???Lakewood??? 2009 Won 38-14 at Lakewood 2011 lost 30-10 at Fairview 2013 lost 48-7 at John Carroll 2015 lost...
  5. E

2022 Elder Football

What are you talking about? That QB goes to Warren De La Salle HS in Michigan.
  6. E

Are you a true West Sider??

Pureval seems to say a lot of well intended things, but actions speak louder than words. He will do and say whatever is in the best interest of him getting re-elected and advancing his political career.
  7. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

There was some revised NIL guidelines yesterday. It sounds like not much will change right now, but this will eventually have better governance I think. Specifically, I think they are trying to find a way to avoid the "Pay to Play" that is going on now, or they are at least trying to eliminate...
  8. E

Huhn

It is unexplainable. They are shot for no apparent reason other than the shooters seems to have just felt like it. There was nothing stolen from the couple. There was no prior confrontation. My understanding is they were not caught in cross fire either? Here is another article with more...
  9. E

Elder Lacrosse?

Why do Elder and St. Xavier not play each other in the regular season? Wouldn't that be a GCL violation?
  10. E

Elder Lacrosse?

Mariemont was the D2 State Champions last year. There are only 2 divisions in Lacrosse. Mariemont was 11-1 going into the game. Huge upset for the Elder Lacrosse team. Mariemont's only loss prior was to Moeller 10-5. Mariemont has a win over Loveland this year, and Loveland beat St. Xavier...
  11. E

2022 Elder Baseball

Elder beat Turpin yesterday 5-4 in 9 innings. Turpin got 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th to tie it 4-4. Elder is now 11-7 overall and 8-1 vs. non-conference opponents.
  12. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

It's not supposed to be school related though unless someone at a school is going to work behind the scenes with a deep pocket alumni. I do agree that private schools probably most likely to benefit, because they might have a 3rd party willing to orchestrate a NIL deal to at minimum get the...
  13. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

I just don't see any Ohio schools forming the super teams in football like you see around the country. Also, we don't even know if it's going to pass yet. Ed's does a good job bringing in athletes, but I don't think they have alumni dumb enough to give HS kids money. Maybe I am naive, and...
  14. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

I think only Massillon is dumb enough to give HS kids free money for going to their school.
  15. E

OHSAA NIL Proposal

OHSAA is still going to set sport specific rules. OHSAA will still have strict transfer rules.