Recent content by dograt

1. dograt

What is wrong with Beavercreek? They’ve been out-scored 17-251 in the GWOC so far.

You need those kids to buy into your weight program starting as freshmen. Those 120 lb runners and band kids can become 185 lb linebackers over a few years in the weightroom. That might be what they are missing. In d1 you need those special athletes to win, but you also need a team of average...
  2. dograt

2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

I'm not so certain on the first point. MU has a great junior class. They will be good again next year. After that? I don't expect them to be bad, but I also don't expect them to run the league. Every school will have their run of good athletes, and I expect them to compete for the league those...
  3. dograt

2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

easy for one of the 3 biggest schools to think the league is fine. Doubtful Waynesville, Carlisle, and Madison agree.
  4. dograt

Week 8 Fort Loramie vs Sidney

and if NK left, would I be correct in assuming Anna would get the all-sports invite?
  5. dograt

My post from Feb 8. I can't claim I saw Ridge competing for the first TRC title!
  6. dograt

Week 8 Fort Loramie vs Sidney

I completely understand your logic (even if I think it is exaggerated a little). I think the TRC schools have girls sports they are good at. FL might have the best overall girls program, but I don't think FL would just win every girls sport. My view though is, every other sport has many more...
  7. dograt

Did any schools opt out?

Friday was the deadline for schools to opt out of this years playoffs. Does anyone know any schools who did?
  8. dograt

Mariemont and Reading play each other, so one of them is a guarantee. Mariemont also has Wyoming. We'll know this week if Brookville is Eaton's first loss. Taft still has an undefeated Hughes, could be a win or a loss there. Versailles should win out, but it's the MAC so every team is good.
  9. dograt

hmmmm. not so sure Preble isn't one of the top seeds. Depends on the Arcanum game. I see every team in front of them except for Versailles getting another loss.
  10. dograt

Division IV, Region 16 poll-week 7

I think VV is probably in. The big question to me isn't how many wins will they finish with, it is who outside the top 16 can catch them? Hillsboro, Kenton Ridge, Schroder, and Unioto I guess have a chance. Better chance they pass Oakwood and Taylor first though. I think a VV at 4-6 or...
  11. dograt

Most people probably think MU is the biggest school because the OHSAA is using 3 year old data and still has the 'Dogs in DIV. MU is currently d4 with a base enrollment number of 204, when actually their number for this year should be 172 (which is a small d5). Bethel's number is 178 (although...
  12. dograt

My guess is VV wins a few more games, sneaks in the bottom half of the playoffs. Loses first or second round, and watches CM or Wyoming win the region. Meanwhile MU will win most if not all of their remaining games. cruise into the playoffs around #6. Win one game, maybe 2 (because of an easier...
  13. dograt

love this. Too many people saying things like "If the league wants to be a premier conference in the area...." Who cares? The schools in the league don't! The schools are doing what is best for their kids, not so other people think their league is better. I also love "that league will...
  14. dograt

Yeah, I think Bethel will be the biggest school in the league in a few years.
  15. dograt

I agree that if the SWBL would've listened to Preble and Dixie a few years ago, the exodus could've been avoided.