Recent content by Dfoxfan37

1. D

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

In 7-8 yrs might they struggle, no program can predict their future that far down the road, however in the in the next 5 yrs or so Canfield will not struggle. Nothing will change as they'll continue to be 1 of the best teams in the valley and one of the top Div 3 schools in the state.
  2. D

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Hurdley would be the best choice, especially if they keep it inside the staff. The kids would like that, and it would be a smooth transition. Keeping guys like Ciminero and Ignazio and others on the staff would be great as well. If they look outside the program, I’m sure they will get a lot of...
  3. D

West Branch-Canfield ink new 2-year Week 1 contract

This game has the chance to be the game of the week in the valley, it may not be WB/Salem or Canfield/Poland but its a pretty good neighboring rivalry and the next 2 years should be exciting games. WB is going to be really good. Canfield will be replacing most of their offensive production but...
  4. D

Canfield at Ursuline

Previous few posts are pretty spot on, Canfield needs to run the ball inside and control the clock. Ursuline has too many weapons and ways to score quickly. If this game turns into a shootout, it will get ugly. If Canfield can keep the clock moving, create a few turnovers and limit penalties...
  5. D

D3 Region 9 Playoff thread

All 4 matchups are pretty good. Knowing most about the Ursuline-Canfield game I'd say Ursuline definitely is the favorite and should win the game. Ursuline is no doubt a top 2-3 team in the state, and deserves the hype they are getting. Canfield will need a few breaks, whether it's a defensive...
  6. D

Future of Boardman Football

Being this is a Boardman thread, I don't want to hijack it. I think if you asked Canfield players they'd love to play a Mooney or Ursuline year in and year out. I also think the whole South Range thing or Fitch would be welcome, but that comes down to admin not the players obviously. I think a...
  7. D

🏈Week 10——Freshman Games🏈

Not sure which week that happened and not sticking up for Boardman, they only had like 14 freshman. Being there is no JV game this week, there was an agreement and Boardman was allowed and did play sophomores as well.
  8. D

🏈Week 10——Freshman Games🏈

Canfield 38 Boardman 6
  9. D

2024 schedules

This is what I have for Canfield 2024, do you have any of the dates I have missing? Canfield Fri. 8/23 Fri. 8/30 Fri. 9/6 @ Olmsted Falls Fri. 9/13 Fri. 9/20 @ Chaney (Rayen) Fri. 9/27 Fri. 10/4 vs Louisville Fri. 10/11 Fri. 10/18 vs Howland Fri. 10/25 vs Boardman
  10. D

Future of Boardman Football

Let's not forget South Range has some Boardman kids as well. As far as the future of the program, they're a good way behind the bigger districts in the county. Fitch & Canfield as well as Ursuline & Mooney. All of those JH/freshman programs will/would dominate Boardman.
  11. D

Canfield Vs. Chaney

Canfield has to win at home, they can’t afford a 4th loss in a row. Hopefully they can score some points and get some momentum heading into the second half of the season. Getting Scotty the ball has given the offense some identity. Get this win cards, get Luce back and hopefully they can have a...
  12. D

Freshman Football——-Week 4

Poland 0 Canfield 42
  13. D

Poland- Canfield rivalry game (WEEK 4)

Well, Canfield varsity will go for the sweep tomorrow. 7th grade won 14-6, 8th won 32-0, and freshman won 42-0. If Poland is going to beat Canfield this has to be the year. This rivalry is extremely lopsided.
  14. D

That logic is Poland returned a lot of production that played and Canfield lost a lot of production. Also Poland is healthy Canfield is not.
  15. D

Defense is always going to be a strength for the cards, however it took a step back with the injuries. Hoping they can get a little healthy this week. Last week was a struggle for sure on all facets of defense, but I don't want to slight Olmsted either the way they ran their offense they're...