Recent content by Coach #1

1. C

2023 HS Season

Any D1 comparison with girls volleyball is a waste of time. Zero mens volleyball players get a full ride with only 4.5 scholarships available compared to 13-14 in girls. Most guys that get recruited D1 get very little money for athletics/volleyball. Most comes from grants and academics. (This...
  2. C

2023 HS Season

100% agreed. In Ohio most kids play club to get better for HS.
  3. C

2023 HS Season

You may have more kids playing in HS but that will not translate immediately into club players. Might be 4-5 years that’s my biggest concern.
  4. C

2023 HS Season

That’s pretty much what Vanguard has done in the past.
  5. C

2023 HS Season

I’d say top 10-15ish in Open Esteves Ed’s Patterson Moe Wheatley Walnut Meyer X Brown Creek Walsh Sycamore Samuels Elder Brown Iggy Woolbert Jackson Pickem for the 10th spot
  6. C

2023 HS Season

It’s very difficult to compete at the national level as the current 4 person rule sits. I will be almost impossible for Ohio club teams to compete nationally next season. I’m interested to see how teams shake out at Op/Attack/Vanguard and A2. It’s a very talented senior class. Could this...
  7. C

2023 HS Season

It’s official this club season 22-23 will be the last years/seasons with 4 guys playing together from one high school. 23-24 will change to the girls rule (only 3 per school)
  8. C

2023 HS Season

You can expect that information to be final later this year.
  9. C

Club 2022-2023

Where are most guys going to play? Can A2 continue to gain momentum after a great USAV? Will Op finally be competitive at the older ages? Can Attack add a few more pieces to 18’s and 17’s to be competitive nationally? What about the soon to be 15’s? Finished 11th @ AAU. Can they add a few...
  10. C

2022 Nationals

Looks like A2 is making some waves out in Vegas. Lots of teams staying in Gold and finishing in gold at the younger age. Heck it looks like both 18’s team are still in gold day 3. Is this based on poor competition in Vegas or have they taken the next step?
  11. C

2022 Elder Volleyball

Mostly likely boys will turn into the girls style tournament. Only one team could get out of the region. Some years the state final could end up being the regional final.
  12. C

2022 Elder Volleyball

Elder had been in plenty of tight matches all season. See Moellerx2/St.X x2/Centerville/Olentangy/Beavercreek. This team handled the pressure all year long. Expectation we’re through the roof. Some even had this team compared to the undefeated team in 2008. 27-2 (26 wins in a row) a hell of a...
  13. C

2022 HS season

The state championship weekend is almost upon us. I think there are a few cool story lines: 1. Dublin Jerome a #6 seed getting to the state quarterfinals is extremely cool. Will they take the next step vs the Panthers? Is this the lowest seed ever to advance? 2. Can Olentangy take out the...
  14. C

2022 HS season

Moe in 4 Elder in 3 Creek in 4 Centerville in 3 Carroll in 4 Badin in 4
  15. C

2022 HS season

I’m wondering if Liberty was limited at the serving line with the short serving area at Centerville? That could swing a few more point there way. It should be a very competitive state weekend.