Recent content by cardzfan1234

1. cardzfan1234

Greater Cleveland Conference 2020-21

Good roundup there, I agree. Elyria was really hanging around last night against Bedford. That would’ve been quite a win. Euclid has had a nice run. Beating McKinley would be an incredibly tall task. Brunswick and Solon hopefully will find a way to win. At their best, Brunswick is very capable...
  2. cardzfan1234

State Finals Coming to UD Arena

I hope the OHSAA can work with the state to include high school indoor athletic contests as a part of this expansion to 25%. But even when the state had a 15% allowance, they still put a cap on high school gatherings. I know financially, the OHSAA could really use a few thousand fans per game at...
  3. cardzfan1234

NEO DI Districts (East)

When I looked at the three East brackets, the most intriguing sectional finals this weekend are all in Northeast 2 (McKinley's bracket). Besides McKinley's game with the #33 seed, the other three sectional finals look like toss-ups: GlenOak (#16) vs Euclid (#21) Boardman (#9) vs Hoover (#12)...
  4. cardzfan1234

NEO DI Districts (East)

I saw that Euclid/Riverside score. Not surprised Euclid won, but I thought Riverside would put up a better fight than that. The 2nd or 3rd place team in the WRC is no match for a GCC team as evidenced tonight. But Riverside has a bright future, two of their top scorers are a freshman and a...
  5. cardzfan1234

Even the 15% (roughly 900-1,000 per fan base give or take depending on how many "outsiders" are given tickets) would be a huge shot in the arm compared to what it has been. I think that would be reasonable. While they can't have "student sections" it would be nice to have a general mix of...
  6. cardzfan1234

This is an excerpt from Cleveland.com. Hopefully the state gives Dayton a variance to allow more than 300 fans. Get some students in there.
  7. cardzfan1234

NEO DI Districts (East)

Most interesting sectional semifinals this week (all on Wednesday): Copley (15) vs Barberton (17) Riverside (13) vs Euclid (21) Hoover (12) vs Lake (20)
  8. cardzfan1234

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t know teams were capable of playing over or under their potential. But in all seriousness, I just pointed out that the Chaney game was probably the only time all season Mentor really struggled to keep an undermanned opponent down. It was unusual. So I made...
  9. cardzfan1234

Mentor closes the regular season with a very shaky win on Friday over Chaney followed by probably their best win of the season tonight against St Ignatius. I'm not sure what was going on against Chaney, but that game stayed close throughout. Chaney is not a bad team by any stretch (#3 seed at...
  10. cardzfan1234

D-1: 16 Top Seeds who goes down 1st

McKinley could play their C game in the district semifinal and beat Riverside, the top seeded team on their half of the bracket.
  11. cardzfan1234

Watching the Mentor/Euclid game on YouTube yesterday. The bad: the shooting, Mentor's first quarter, the YouTube feed, and worst of all...a seemingly bad injury to starter Ian Kipp. He took a while to get up and he never returned. Looked like the ankle. This kid can't catch a break, injured...
  12. cardzfan1234

I saw that today on Twitter. Very cool for Tripp.
  13. cardzfan1234

Mentor Cardinals Football 2021

I would be good with either of those. Pennsylvania is the most likely place Mentor will look. I wouldn’t trust Illinois, who I believe cancelled their football season in 2020.
  14. cardzfan1234

Ignatius Basketball

Just like St Ignatius fell off from their 90s pace, Mentor will do the same from what they had over the last two decades. It would be difficult for them to maintain or surpass that. Maybe over the next decade there will be a state title. But I don’t see the kind of prolonged success as they saw...
  15. cardzfan1234

Ignatius Basketball

That goes to show you how much that series was about Triv/Chico. As Mentor falls off a bit in the years ahead and more opponents are willing to schedule them, I wonder how long the series will continue. Once Kyle and Triv are gone, who knows?