Recent content by BlackandGold

1. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

Orange wouldn’t consistently compete in football either. They would fare better in the Valley division with Harvey. I would have argued that most CVC chagrin schools would be content being larger schools than smaller schools in a league. But, with Kirtland’s move to the Chagrin division it...
  2. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

For sure! Across many sports, both boys and girls. I also think a lot of parity with mostly communities that are becoming stagnant or aging in population. But, currently solid schools both academically and athletically.
  3. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

If they did rotate, I would like to see weeks 4-7 as “division” opponents by geography. Then, weeks 8-9 as “inter division” games they draw for. Week 10 dedicated for a seeded playoff based on league record.
  4. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

I'm wondering if we could see the future WRC expand to 10 teams as originally planned looking something like this: FOOTBALL Aurora (SL American geographic outlier) Chardon Kenston Madison Mayfield Nordonia (One of the smallest in SL National) North Riverside South Twinsburg (One of the smallest...
  5. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

I think the WRC can offer Aurora and Solon all of that. Aurora - Kenston, Chardon, and Mayfield rivalries. Solon - Mayfield and Kenston rivalries. Many of the WRC schools meet and exceed expectations in academics and performing arts.
  6. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

Touché with the middle schools. Regarding commuting in the SL, it’s always easier to commute north vs to the other side of Cleveland/or south. Especially weekdays, traffic is always leaving Cleveland. 77 and 480 are beasts during rush hour,
  7. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

I would argue geography isn’t any worst than the SL or when they were in the CVC. But, you’re spot on with your other comments.
  8. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

I think private schools will be a last resort for the WRC. Let’s see who they extend invites to first before we assume they will be accepting applications.
  9. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

The only thing that makes me seriously not consider Euclid is the description of an ideal school the WRC described in their email. They listed academics and performing arts first. Inter scholastics sports last. As much as Euclid fits the bill geographically, they don’t quite check the other...
  10. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

I do not see either as an option for the WRC. Is enrollment increasing at Orange? I know they were D3 for awhile, but are actually D4 now. The WRC is a football conference and Orange does not have the football program to compete. For US, I’ve read articles that say they prefer to be...
  11. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

They would do the same to Solon...
  12. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

As usual, a certain crazy that misrepresents Mentor hijacked it for his therapy session. :cautious:
  13. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

This is the topic he habitually turns every thread into. I’ve set my account to ignore his comments so I don’t have to be exposed to incessant narcissism. I encourage others to do the same and he can have the repetitive conversation he wants with himself.
  14. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

If ANY of the schools in the WRC did not want a competitive schedule, they wouldn’t be playing football in the WRC. Hence, a big reason Brush is leaving. So, I really don’t have to argue anything. WRC coaches have been quoted in The News-Herald as saying “anyone, anywhere” during regular...
  15. BlackandGold

Brush leaving WRC

No worries. I don’t follow non-WRC schools as closely either. Are you familiar with the WRC scrimmage schedules? Did you know Riverside traveled to Cincinnati last fall to play an unknown set up in a 24 hour period? The smallest schools in the WRC (Kenston and Chardon) would not turn down...