Recent content by BIG ED

1. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I’ve never seen so many boys and girls jobs open in Stark and surrounding areas in a long time.
  2. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Anyone on staff they would consider?
  3. BIG ED

2024 Federal League

Perry’s 24 Schedule
  4. BIG ED

2024 Federal League

Until the last three years, the Panthers hadn’t had a losing season since 2013. That means 7 years of at least 7 wins. Along with at least one playoff win each of those 7 years. I believe from what I’ve seen of the last couple freshman classes, Perry should regain some respectability starting...
  5. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Congrats to Coach Kinsley on his successes and to a happy retirement. It’s rare these days for coaches to be around 20 years or more. I doubt you’ll see this kind of longevity in the future at many schools. Too many pressures from administrators, parents/fans and family.
  6. BIG ED

WCAL Football 2024

On a positive note, at a recent meeting of players for the 24 season at Chippewa, 36 kids showed up. Just a technicality, the Chipps were 1-9, Richmond Heights had to forfeit their first few games.
  7. BIG ED

2024 Federal League

Perry Sophomore LB/FB Conner Sheppard did 315lb Hang Clean yesterday with the Panthers lift a thon coming soon. I will be interested how many others do.
  8. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Yes, congrats to the Polar Bears and Golden Eagles.
  9. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Good luck to Jackson and GlenOak.
  10. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

This is off topic, but I was in Wooster last night to see the girls D-3 district final between Chippewa and Smithville. With 3.5 seconds left and down 32-30 Chippewa took the ball out at half court, a freshman ended up with it and threw up a prayer with her off hand surrounded by two defenders...
  11. BIG ED

dalton football coach resigns

The first time was just for a season with the understanding between him and the school it would be just one season, after a nasty divorce when he got custody of three very young children. So I’d cut him some slack there.
  12. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Good luck everyone! There are a few interesting matchups there.
  13. BIG ED

dalton football coach resigns

I would bet a few coins that Dial will probably be the next HC at Tuslaw. If that happens a couple of assistants could follow and even maybe a few players.
  14. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I did fail to mention they did not have the services of Darnell McCloud last night who would have contributed some valuable points and defense. Yes I do. Hopefully they learn from these tough losses at the end of the year. There are several good players on JV that should contribute off the...
  15. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Once again turnovers and point blank shots missed proved their downfall. Perry got two stops in the last 90 seconds only to miss a 3 foot shot, then two put backs right under the basket! That would have put them up by 2. Then after another stop, they get fouled in the act of shooting, but make...