Recent content by badger1

1. B

D2 Boardman

It appears that the Salem girls are running in the D-I race. Seems odd to add a team or two when the race already had 40 schools in it.
  2. B

Schools Not Happy With OHSAA After State Track Meet

Actually, that was not the way the rotation worked. Example: Year #1 - D-III, D-II, D-I Year #2 - D-II, D-I, D-III Year #3 - D-I, D-III, D-II Then it repeated.
  3. B

As someone who has coached teams in each of the three time slots and must make the state meet an overnight trip from the far northeast, I can say that without a doubt the logistics of being in the third session are no fun at all. At least when it was rotated, you only had to come up with ways to...
  4. B

In my 47 years of attending as an athlete, then spectator, then as a coach, all state qualifiers have received admission into the meet on both days, regardless of whether they moved on to the finals or not. Over the years in talking to coaches, many assumed that this was not the case, but it's...
  5. B

All-Time List - Girls' 1600m - All sub-5:00m performers - All sub-4:55 performances

I believe that Rachel Banks of Chardon ran 4:57.78 for the mile at the 2016 Rod Russel meet. I do not see her name on the list.
  6. B

What is the status of a 4th Division for CC/Track?

Since team state championship trophies have been won by 1 outstanding athlete scoring in multiple events, that magical number of athletes to count as a team should be 1.