Recent content by Artists&Warriors

1. A

2023-24 Job Openings

Mason is unquestionably among the best division 1 jobs in the state, certainly among public schools. There are a number of young mason connected coaches and assistant coaches throughout SW Ohio HS soccer (including a current assistant who was the City assistant coach of the year). Will be...
  2. A

St Ignatius vs Moeller - D1 Final

Two great teams. The stats this year for Moeller have been historic, and I feel like most historic teams find themselves lifting the trophy to end the season. I'll predict Moeller 1-0. Sounds like this is a young Ignatius team all things considered. Currently won 4 (!) state championships in a...
  3. A

Predictions for State semi finals

Moeller will beat St Charles and then will be favored over Medina/Ignatius on paper (I would lean Medina in what looks like a near 50/50 game). Personally I don't see them losing. I'll go 2-0 over St Charles and 1-0 over whoever emerges from the other semi.
  4. A

R4 Predictions

This should be the year for Moeller. They are the standout of R4. Columbus doesn't seem to have a single dominant team that I think can beat them in the semis. The state final should be Moeller vs Iggy/Medina and I like Moeller to take it.
  5. A

Moeller 2 St Xavier 0

Excuse my creative copy and pasting. This is the beauty (and curse) of R4. Every year there's 1-2 teams that should represent the region at state. But when the margins are slim and the weather is bad, anything can happen. Compared to the other regions, I'd be willing to guarantee R4 is...
  6. A

DI SW Regional Final: Springboro v. Moeller

I'll take Moeller. Springboro will most likely need to play a tight, defensive game and capitalize on a set piece, counter, or half opportunity to win. I have a tournament superstition that the "inferior" team rarely wins twice in a row. Boro got past Mason and all the credit in the world to...
  7. A

R4 Regional Semifinals

Soccer is a cruel game. The better team sometimes loses. Results feel unfair. It what makes a deep run so special. Life moves on.
  8. A

Field sizes for tournament

As a player, I always felt that the narrower field favored the inferior team: less space for more dynamic/athletic players, increased chances throw ins/crosses reach the box, inferior team can more easily park the bus, etc. Throw in some autumn rain/wind and it's the perfect environment for an...
  9. A

R4 Regional Semifinals

Gimme a Moeller Mason rematch No disrespect to Centerville. They could easily win the region and are arguably the second best team in the state. Just a feeling. Both games will be great.
  10. A

2122 St. Ignatius

Very cool to see Mason play against Ignatius, on the road no less. Are these the only two D1 programs in the state that have ever boasted undefeated state and fall national championship seasons? I have no idea, but would imagine that's likely the case.
  11. A

Division 2 Final No. 8 Cincinnati Wyoming (18-2-2) vs. No. 3 Bay Village Bay (17-2-3)

I see this one as a true 50/50. Impressively, looking over the results both teams seem to be playing their best soccer in the tournament. I'll take Wyoming 2-1 for nothing other than being a SW homer.
  12. A

State Final: Centerville vs St. Ignatius

One downside of Iggy's absolute dominance is that I have a poor feel for the other successful programs in the NE region. No question there are a lot of great programs, but it's hard to gauge considering Iggy's results are always so conclusive. The SW region notoriously eats itself alive come...
  13. A

State matchups

Wyoming 4-1 about ten minutes left. The fat lady is starting to warm up
  14. A

State matchups

Wyoming 3-1 25min remaining
  15. A

State matchups

3-0. 15 min left in 1H