Colin Palmer coach of the year

Gratz! I know several kids that are and been thru his club.
going to be interesting in D2 in the coming yrs with what watterson is building.
where will Graham be? Will their run expire?

Gratz! I know several kids that are and been thru his club.
going to be interesting in D2 in the coming yrs with what watterson is building.
where will Graham be? Will their run expire?

I think so. I think Watterson is going to blow up. Desales will be tough for sure.

I think Graham will still get and develop guys but it won't be a forgone conclusion that they will win the state tournament title.

I think so. I think Watterson is going to blow up. Desales will be tough for sure.

I think Graham will still get and develop guys but it won't be a forgone conclusion that they will win the state tournament title.
Good luck, maybe if Watterson and Desales merged. Neither one have the depth to stand on their own and make a title run. Not being disrespectful just speaking facts.

At least in the next few years, this was the year to get them. SPG returns all but Ryan next year while Desales loses Eagan and McClelland. They’ve got a real nice freshman class coming in next year and an even better one the year after that should carry them through the near future.

Good luck, maybe if Watterson and Desales merged. Neither one have the depth to stand on their own and make a title run. Not being disrespectful just speaking facts.
Right now. Both programs are still pretty early in their rebirths. SPG will definitely lose some Central Ohio recruits at some point. Watterson and DeSales will provide a much higher level education in the classroom and that's also just speaking facts. That will matter to some parents making the decision.

Right now. Both programs are still pretty early in their rebirths. SPG will definitely lose some Central Ohio recruits at some point. Watterson and DeSales will provide a much higher level education in the classroom and that's also just speaking facts. That will matter to some parents making the decision.

You keep telling yourself that! Let me know when the Academic All Ohio team comes out! Our kids work just as hard in the classroom as they do on the mat.

1679023117784.gif

Everyone had been saying St Paris is going down and year after year , coach after coach they continue to dominate the landscape of Div 2

I haven't had a lot of interactions with Coach Palmer. But I happened to see him walking from the floor of the arena up. I mentioned to my wrestler who he was and that he was a 4-timer. He must of overheard. Stopped and had a quick conversation with us.

Little things like that speak volumes.

Congrats Coach.

Everyone had been saying St Paris is going down and year after year , coach after coach they continue to dominate the landscape of Div 2
We want Div 2 to progress and evolve absolutely that makes everyone better, what you’ve seen the last 5 years is a testament to the culture of Graham wrestling. 4 coaches in 5 years, we lost 3 SC, 2 that could have returned for 2 more years, but chose a path that was better for them personally, we have a dominant youth program, a dominant Middle school program, and we showed again for 22nd year in row our High School is not going anywhere. Our kids hear year after year this is the year Graham falls and they always toe the line and go to war. If you are going to beat graham you’re going to have to out tough them. So when I say good luck its not disrespectful, I just see day to day 365 days a year what these kids do in the room and in the classroom.

22 in a row. Only one senior i think on the 2023 team. Go get another one in 2024.

I was sad to see Hart (Marysville) get injured and miss the state tournament. I watched his matches at Darby and thought "that is a Graham style wrestler" each match. I mean that totally as a compliment. He looked like a warrior.

Fact is the Younger boy at Watterson , King at Harley, Smith at Circleville, Lucas at Linden McKinley and Mickens who was at DeSales in December and moved back to OLIB all were all very close to enrolling at DeSales if that happened SPG goes down this year.

Watterson is no Joke. They have well over 100 kids in their GOAT program and with Ross Thatcher , Tommy Rowland and Rudis fueling the growth don't dismiss them.
Rowland has 3 kids and around a dozen nephews coming up through there. There is another Younger on the way and J Jagger's has 2 Boys in the program. All Studs

But thats all a few years off until then SPG will reign as Champs........

Fact is the Younger boy at Watterson , King at Harley, Smith at Circleville, Lucas at Linden McKinley and Mickens who was at DeSales in December and moved back to OLIB all were all very close to enrolling at DeSales if that happened SPG goes down this year.

Watterson is no Joke. They have well over 100 kids in their GOAT program and with Ross Thatcher , Tommy Rowland and Rudis fueling the growth don't dismiss them.
Rowland has 3 kids and around a dozen nephews coming up through there. There is another Younger on the way and J Jagger's has 2 Boys in the program. All Studs

Fact is Camden McDanel, Beric Jordan, Carter Neves, and Nick Hart actually wrestled for Graham high school if they don’t transfer out of Graham they win anyway over that theoretical lineup. See I can play the “what if” game pretty well too, makes no difference, it’s decided on the mat.

Collin is an amazing coach and has done an amazing job with DeSales. Graham has set the bar. The talent pipeline Watterson has coming in will put them in immediate contention.

Good luck, maybe if Watterson and Desales merged. Neither one have the depth to stand on their own and make a title run. Not being disrespectful just speaking facts
DeSales has another hammer coming in next year in Welch. I don’t know the depth after that. Watterson has another 3-4 State Qualifier caliber freshman coming in next year and probably the deepest 7th Grade class in the State coming in two years. 2025 will be very interesting.

He should be coach of the year. He has done an amazing job of brining Desales wrestling back to life. Who cares if his club kids are at Desales, he has trained them and they are good.

Nick Preston put that program back 10 years. Great H.S. wrestler and Great College wrestler, but horrible coach. jmo

You can play the what if game all day long, even if all those cats went to desales, imagine if Beric Jordan, Carter Neves, Cam Mcdanel, were still at Graham. Then we have a National Title contender. I’m also not taking anything away from the Goats but you ask Tommy how many times they have dualed Future Falcons then ask him how many times they have beat them. As far as Rudis fueling them, you forget another owner of Rudis resides in St Paris OH?

I don't think wrestlers are getting vouchers , that's other sports. And that is happing at a all time rate in the CCL.
Not really. I don't have the numbers anymore, but Bishop Ready and Bishop Hartley have a lot of vouchers, followed by DeSales, then Watterson/St. Charles 0 which last I checked both schools had less than 5% vouchers in their student body. You have to remember a family can only get a voucher if they reside in a failing school district. Watterson and DeSales overlap a little bit of Columbus City, but most of their feeder schools reside in Hilliard, Dublin, Worthington, Upper Arlington, Westerville, Powell, and Delaware. No vouchers available there. Hartley and Ready get a good chunk though. Don't quote me on this but I think Ready is well over 50% of their student body, as well it should be considering the public school alternatives for their catchment.

I chuckle when people say SPG is slowing down. This was supposed to be a year they were susceptible and they still won the team title by almost 40 Points. Super impressed by their coaching staff this year, and the toughness of their kids. It is going to be a lot of fun chasing them, it's going to be a great journey. Go Eagles!

Not really. I don't have the numbers anymore, but Bishop Ready and Bishop Hartley have a lot of vouchers, followed by DeSales, then Watterson/St. Charles 0 which last I checked both schools had less than 5% vouchers in their student body. You have to remember a family can only get a voucher if they reside in a failing school district. Watterson and DeSales overlap a little bit of Columbus City, but most of their feeder schools reside in Hilliard, Dublin, Worthington, Upper Arlington, Westerville, Powell, and Delaware. No vouchers available there. Hartley and Ready get a good chunk though. Don't quote me on this but I think Ready is well over 50% of their student body, as well it should be considering the public school alternatives for their catchment.

I chuckle when people say SPG is slowing down. This was supposed to be a year they were susceptible and they still won the team title by almost 40 Points. Super impressed by their coaching staff this year, and the toughness of their kids. It is going to be a lot of fun chasing them, it's going to be a great journey. Go Eagles!

Beechcroft, Northland, Whetstone, Centennial, and Linden all are failing schools. Two of those help Watterson and three help Deasales. Not much but some athletes.

Beechcroft, Northland, Whetstone, Centennial, and Linden all are failing schools. Two of those help Watterson and three help Deasales. Not much but some athletes.
Centennial is not a failing school. I think their state report card was a C? Whetstone used to not be failing, not sure if they are or not anymore.