CAVS 2022-2023

Yeah that was awful. Doris Burke always shoots straight, clearly a charge. That was the ball game.
Maybe so, but did that have anything to do with the Cavs taking a 13 point lead and watching the Sixers erase it in about three minutes after Doc called a timeout. Meanwhile JB sits and watches it all and saves his timeouts for next Xmas. The vaunted defense disappears in these games against playoff level teams. And just because Embiid didn’t foul out isn’t an excuse for losing last night.

Maybe so, but did that have anything to do with the Cavs taking a 13 point lead and watching the Sixers erase it in about three minutes after Doc called a timeout. Meanwhile JB sits and watches it all and saves his timeouts for next Xmas. The vaunted defense disappears in these games against playoff level teams. And just because Embiid didn’t foul out isn’t an excuse for losing last night.
Did I say it had anything to do with blowing the 3rd quarter lead? Checking my post... No I did not.

All I said was that was a horrible reversal of Embiid's 6th foul. And everyone with half a brain agrees. And if Embiid is out at the 4 minute mark, and that bucket does not count, what do you think happens?

Cavs played pretty well, but the defense/rebounding suffers when Allen is out. Sixers owned the boards in the second half. Cavs need to have all their guys against the better teams. Not a real mystery.

Is it me or is this year's NBA schedule quirky? This will be the 3rd road back to back where they play the same team with a day off between games. Miami, Charlotte, and Brooklyn in the past 2 weeks have been back to back roadies with a day off between. Much easier on travel but just seems weird.

They've officially clinched a playoff spot. Looks like the 4 seed, home court advantage against the Knicks. I like the matchup overall.
I am praying for the Knicks w/ home court advantage, playoff tested Miami would be much scarier for a green post season team like the Cavs.

Cavs have been on a nice run against bad to mediocre teams, and that includes the neutered Nets, but they had another shot at a win against a playoff level opponent tonight and came up short…continuing a trend.

Another game where Allen’s vag hurt too much to play. We’ll see what he does in the playoffs, but I would include him in offseason trade possibilities. Mobley plays so much better without Allen. Find a defense-oriented center and let Mobley blossom.

Disagree with a couple of the above posts.

First of all, the Cavs are more or less locked into the 4th spot if they just play .500 ball the rest of the way. If guys are dinged up, like Allen and Okoro last night, rest and recovery is a good option. I'd rather be 4th than 3rd at this point. 4th looks likely to play the Knicks, while 3rd will probably play Miami, since the Nets are fading fast. Give me the Cavs vs Knicks, I'd rather not play Miami round 1.

As for Allen, I disagree with trading him in the off season. With the two young, agile 7 footers together the Cavs are among the best defensive teams in the league. Why mess that up? So Mobley can score more? No thanks.

Disagree with a couple of the above posts.

First of all, the Cavs are more or less locked into the 4th spot if they just play .500 ball the rest of the way. If guys are dinged up, like Allen and Okoro last night, rest and recovery is a good option. I'd rather be 4th than 3rd at this point. 4th looks likely to play the Knicks, while 3rd will probably play Miami, since the Nets are fading fast. Give me the Cavs vs Knicks, I'd rather not play Miami round 1.

As for Allen, I disagree with trading him in the off season. With the two young, agile 7 footers together the Cavs are among the best defensive teams in the league. Why mess that up? So Mobley can score more? No thanks.
That was an interesting game last night and I have no problem giving that many dudes the night off, wished a couple more were available though so JB could see if they might be worth a few mins in the playoffs to give guys a breather. The refs seemed to have gotten a memo from NYC to give the Hawks a little extra help in this one too, both reviews went against them and the push off by Murray at the end of the game should have been called.

I too think Allen provides some match up issues and he is much better suited to guarding true centers than Mobley. Also when he is not on the court to be the primary pick guy in a two man game you get too much stanky leg action from Mitchell and Garland.

I have no problem with Allen. He only shoots about 9 shots a game and a third of those are from offensive rebounds so he's not taking touches away from anyone. His focus on rebounding and defense are a plus. If there's anything that keeps Mobley's offensive numbers from blossoming it that the offense is centered around two ball dominant guards.

First of all, I want to see how the playoffs play out before I would want any big changes, but questions I have now are does JB got the chops to coach a team to the title…is Allen a luxury, or are three 20+ ppg scorers (the guards and Mobley) enough…will Allen or Garland have to be used to get the needed wing?

I get that the regular season in the NBA is not the best measuring stick for many reasons, but winning is a habit and the Cavs habit of not beating playoff level teams in the back half of the season is bothersome.

I like Bickerstaff but I think he’s more of a rebuilding coach than a championship contending coach. He’s done a great job getting this team to where they are. But I think that plateaus around where they are now with him. I’d like to see what a stronger coaching staff can do with this team and a moderate upgrade at the 3. Not like a Derozen, Tatum, or Wiggins level - just a Deandre Hunter or Lonnie Walker level 3.

Run off their own home court by the Knicks without Randle and as is the familiar script the defense disappears against the playoff level teams. I have a hard time seeing this group getting out of the first round with JB at the helm, which would probably spell the end for JB…which might be the best possible thing for them.

Yep, that's an ugly loss no matter how you spin it. Made Brunson look like a hall of famer.

It was a perfect opportunity to make a statement against a team you'll soon be seeing in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Their Defense just disappears a little into the fourth quarter,that 7 footer they gave away would be sweet when Allen is out.

On the positive side last night the Cavs won and broke the 50 win mark, it feels good to be relevant in the NBA again. Also Mitchel may be the 2nd best player in franchise history if he keeps his current trajectory up, it is nice to have a superstar in this League on your team . Lavert has also settled into a nice rhythm and could be a X factor in the playoffs, good thing for him too as he looks to get paid this summer. But on the downside I never would have thought I could miss Okoro but after watching a parade of miserable replacements at the 3 I guess he is an important part of this team and will be needed if they want to beat the Knick in the 1st round. Dean Wade got the start and was 1-5 from the field with 3 rebounds in 29 minutes of play for a -8, that is lame. Was Cedi injured last night? He only played 5 minutes and I see no news on his status. It also appears Rubio is done, he was actually worse than Wade and cannot even make an open 10 footer when needed, he clocked in with a -9. Hoping they can beat the Knicks and get a taste of at least two rounds of playoff basketball and then re-jigger the bench over the summer because the current crew is not getting things done.

On the positive side last night the Cavs won and broke the 50 win mark, it feels good to be relevant in the NBA again. Also Mitchel may be the 2nd best player in franchise history if he keeps his current trajectory up, it is nice to have a superstar in this League on your team . Lavert has also settled into a nice rhythm and could be a X factor in the playoffs, good thing for him too as he looks to get paid this summer. But on the downside I never would have thought I could miss Okoro but after watching a parade of miserable replacements at the 3 I guess he is an important part of this team and will be needed if they want to beat the Knick in the 1st round. Dean Wade got the start and was 1-5 from the field with 3 rebounds in 29 minutes of play for a -8, that is lame. Was Cedi injured last night? He only played 5 minutes and I see no news on his status. It also appears Rubio is done, he was actually worse than Wade and cannot even make an open 10 footer when needed, he clocked in with a -9. Hoping they can beat the Knicks and get a taste of at least two rounds of playoff basketball and then re-jigger the bench over the summer because the current crew is not getting things done.
Definitely important to go at least two rounds to make up for the missed experience last year.