St. Edward 2023-24

mailman112

A very impressive weekend for the Eagles. All 14 for the third time in school history. The entire team will be coming back for next year. Could all 14 place? I think so. I can see a new point total record for the Eagles. (our record not state record) Only time will tell. Enjoy the team title and get back to work. The line up is 90% set. I do see two new faces in the line up for next year. As of today this is the line up. As always a lot can change between know and Dec 2nd.

06 Mazur/incoming freshman
13 T Mar
20 Brown/Manns
26 Butler/Manns/Kiehl
32 Butler/Sanderfer/Kiehl
38 Brown/Sanderfer/Pirkel
44 Obrien/Goldberg/Bennett/Lentz/Sanderfer
50 Bennett/Obrien/incoming freshman
57 Eaton/Peterson/incoming freshman
65 Miller/Hopkins
75 Miller
90 Slapper
15 Waugh/incoming freshman
hwy Greggory/Regovich

To me the line up will work itself out once Bennett picks a weight. I listed incoming freshman several times. I think only 3 will have a chance to wrestle off for a spot. The biggest wrestle off and most likely will be at 06. The other two will have their work cut out for them.

Thanks mailman, always love these projections. Should be a great team next year, wonder how many of this past year’s state tourney lineup doesn’t start next year. Has to be one at least and I’m thinking another one gets bumped out of there by someone whether that be a freshman or a backup this past year. I wonder if the Miller brothers can hold their weight to 65 and 75 again next year, those are big boys. If Feister goes to St Ed’s, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start right away at 215. That kid is good, no idea on the likelihood of that though.

I absolutely think all 14 could place, heck they would have had 13 and a blood round guy this past year if Delsanter and Kilbane were in the lineup. That’s the thing though, 14 out of 14 means most everything goes your way and it oftentimes doesn’t happen.

Thanks mailman, always love these projections. Should be a great team next year, wonder how many of this past year’s state tourney lineup doesn’t start next year. Has to be one at least and I’m thinking another one gets bumped out of there by someone whether that be a freshman or a backup this past year. I wonder if the Miller brothers can hold their weight to 65 and 75 again next year, those are big boys. If Feister goes to St Ed’s, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start right away at 215. That kid is good, no idea on the likelihood of that though.

I absolutely think all 14 could place, heck they would have had 13 and a blood round guy this past year if Delsanter and Kilbane were in the lineup. That’s the thing though, 14 out of 14 means most everything goes your way and it oftentimes doesn’t happen.
I was thinking the same thing. The lineup this year will not be the same for next year. Probably see at least two new faces in the lineup. That said, not a bad problem to have as a program. The kids are getting a great education and experience. Wrestling is just icing on the cake for these young men.

A very impressive weekend for the Eagles. All 14 for the third time in school history. The entire team will be coming back for next year. Could all 14 place? I think so. I can see a new point total record for the Eagles. (our record not state record) Only time will tell. Enjoy the team title and get back to work. The line up is 90% set. I do see two new faces in the line up for next year. As of today this is the line up. As always a lot can change between know and Dec 2nd.

06 Mazur/incoming freshman
13 T Mar
20 Brown/Manns
26 Butler/Manns/Kiehl
32 Butler/Sanderfer/Kiehl
38 Brown/Sanderfer/Pirkel
44 Obrien/Goldberg/Bennett/Lentz/Sanderfer
50 Bennett/Obrien/incoming freshman
57 Eaton/Peterson/incoming freshman
65 Miller/Hopkins
75 Miller
90 Slapper
15 Waugh/incoming freshman
hwy Greggory/Regovich
As clearcut as Ed's is to being #1, I see MP as the clearcut #2, with Perrysburg and Brecksville still very good, and Wadsworth solid.

I got Ed's B team ranked at #11. Doesn't Mich allow two entries per school, per weight?
They do, I like it better that way personally. Dundee Mi had teammates go at it this year in the state finals at 106, the 3rd best wrestler in that division was clearly Dundee’s 3rd stringer unfortunately they don’t let you put three at the same weight lol.

If the backup 106 or whoever is of one your best 14 I say put them out there, I want the best talent possible at the state tourney.

They do, I like it better that way personally. Dundee Mi had teammates go at it this year in the state finals at 106, the 3rd best wrestler in that division was clearly Dundee’s 3rd stringer unfortunately they don’t let you put three at the same weight lol.

If the backup 106 or whoever is of one your best 14 I say put them out there, I want the best talent possible at the state tourney.
Wonder how Siebert from MP would have done at 106?

Exactly, a great example. Cole Evans at 120 another one. Most of the top teams have at least one really good wrestler pushed out of the lineup that they’d rather put in rather than their 14th weakest weight.

As clearcut as Ed's is to being #1, I see MP as the clearcut #2, with Perrysburg and Brecksville still very good, and Wadsworth solid.
I see probably MP, Brecksville and Wadsworth all fighting for 2nd next year. I think Perrysburg is losing a lot to stay top 4. All will have tough teams though

I see probably MP, Brecksville and Wadsworth all fighting for 2nd next year. I think Perrysburg is losing a lot to stay top 4. All will have tough teams though
With all due respect Brecksville loses Pluhar (SQ), Jett (5th) the Vanadia bros. (2nd & 3r) and Herman. The cupboard won't be bare but not enough to contend with what MP has returning and coming up. Perrysburg in the same boat losing three state champs, Parrish (6th), and Denkins (3rd). Wadsworth is graduating half their starters. Among those are five SQ including a State Champ, a 4th, and a 6th, and they only took 5th in Div 1.

He would've been top 4, there is no way he lost a fair wrestle off. 1 of 2 things is going on there, 1. either they have way to much talent and they don't know what to do with it, or 2 they have one old man that's only there for 1 kid and soon to be 2 that's causing problems, get rid of the problem before you lose talent!!

He would've been top 4, there is no way he lost a fair wrestle off. 1 of 2 things is going on there, 1. either they have way to much talent and they don't know what to do with it, or 2 they have one old man that's only there for 1 kid and soon to be 2 that's causing problems, get rid of the problem before you lose talent!!
Whoa, shots fired!

I’m guessing Peterson and O’Brien are out of the lineup the way it shakes out next year. If the twins can’t hold their weight another year, Slaper may end up at 215, and Waugh is out. If Feister goes to Ed’s he should try and go HWT. He’s BIG, and he’s a football phenom who will want to put on some size. The only thing is, Mazur is a significant decline from Timar, so unless they get a freshman to come in to take that spot, they may not have anyone on the podium at that weight next year. We will see! They will cruise to the title next year, that’s all we know.

I’m guessing Peterson and O’Brien are out of the lineup the way it shakes out next year. If the twins can’t hold their weight another year, Slaper may end up at 215, and Waugh is out. If Feister goes to Ed’s he should try and go HWT. He’s BIG, and he’s a football phenom who will want to put on some size. The only thing is, Mazur is a significant decline from Timar, so unless they get a freshman to come in to take that spot, they may not have anyone on the podium at that weight next year. We will see! They will cruise to the title next year, that’s all we know.
Mazur will be fine at 106, he is solid and I don’t think there is a huge Jr High contingent coming in at that weight next year. Plus he will be a sophomore and has been sitting weighting in his chance.

My Perry sources tell me the wrestle-offs were completely legit, in fact they even did a wrestle-off at a neutral venue with a regulation offical

My recollection, and I could be wrong, is they were set to wrestle at a tournament this year and one of them defaulted. Don’t @ me because I’m not 100% sure.

Can’t help but notice that the majority of posts in the St. Edward thread are from non St. Ed’s fans. This would never happen in the football or basketball threads. I guess we have gotten spoiled over the years.

Sad when wrestle offs come to this. I had plenty of wrestle offs in my day. If I lost, it was on me.
Why is this so sad? I had at a half dozen coaches ask me to officiate wrestle offs to avoid any question of bias. I thought it was an excellent idea and took it very seriously.

Last edited: