Josie Davis DQ’d

carpmentor

All I have to say whoever was coaching the 125 girl from Brecksville to not continue is a spineless coach with zero integrity. Josie Davis hit the same chin whip she has hit a million times… Brecksville wouldn’t let their girl continue in the 3rd period with less than a minute left while losing. Justice4Josie 4xer

All I have to say whoever was coaching the 125 girl from Brecksville to not continue is a spineless coach with zero integrity. Josie Davis hit the same chin whip she has hit a million times… Brecksville wouldn’t let their girl continue in the 3rd period with less than a minute left while losing. Justice4Josie 4xer
I saw Josie’s dad complaining about the ref on social media but I didn’t see the match itself.

Brecksville should write a public apology for whomever was in her corner and coached her not to continue. She literally galloped across the mat to shake hands afterwards.

At Districts this year we were told in a coaches meeting the assassin is illegal by application. While the chin whip is not illegal itself the way it’s finished can be illegal if it is finished in the same way as an assassin with the hands locked. I have seen it and the assassin hit all year long and no calls. Why they want to enforce this now is beyond me. Not trying to say this was a correct call just why I think they were choosing to call this an illegal hold.

Brecksville should write a public apology for whomever was in her corner and coached her not to continue. She literally galloped across the mat to shake hands afterwards.

Not true. The girl had a medical trainer looking at her. She was obviously in distress as a result of the move or a combination of the semifinals atmosphere. The girl I believe decided for herself she could not continue. It was an unfortunate outcome for the better wrestler which was the Sidney wrestler.

Wow!! Yeah that was a clean chinwhip, and if that stops her from going for her 4th, then shame on the coaches, but also the refs. I hate to say it, but the officiating in Ohio has gone down big time in the last few years. Something needs to be done
There is a massive shortage on officials in Ohio. With that said as a coach and a certified official there were definitely some calls I didn't agree with but overall I felt like the officiating was pretty good. However to be a great official you don't realize the amount of time you need to spend. It literally is like training to wrestle you have to put so many extra hours in to perfect your craft. Again I get you are gonna get bad calls (most of which if called the other way would be considered bad by the other coach then). But overall I think it was solid officiating.

Not true. The girl had a medical trainer looking at her. She was obviously in distress as a result of the move or a combination of the semifinals atmosphere. The girl I believe decided for herself she could not continue. It was an unfortunate outcome for the better wrestler which was the Sidney wrestler.
She literally galloped across the mat to shake hands.. being scared of an steam yelling is not a reason to say you can’t continue.

Watched the flo video about 5 times. Looked clean from as far as I could tell.

Officiating was pretty hit or kiss all night. Seen a kid get hit with stalling with 2 seconds left to tie the match up. Seen textbook takedown on the line not called.

What I don’t understand if the girl just didn’t the move and they called it a penalty why in the world would she go try it again. She was winning 7-3 and Brecksville girl had no chance when they was hand fighting.
I don’t like the call and but her coaches should have been out there talking to the refs after the 1st long break to fine out why this was called illegal hold. That way they could have coached up their wrestler to not do this a 2nd time.

I would be embarrassed to win this way. I also told my sons if we are losing big late in a match like this and ref called a bad illegal slam or move and we couldn’t continue we would line up as if we could continue, start the match and then default so the right kid wins the match.

Anyone have the video that doesn’t require paying to see it?

Without seeing it and not knowing either team or wrestler; a chin whip becomes illegal when the arm used for the whip “locks”, no different than a headlock without an arm encircled.

If I reach back, encircle your head, grab your chin, it’s legal, but as soon as I take my arm and encircle your head and pin my hand into my inner thigh or torso to act like a lever, it is illegal for the same reason locking around the head with no arm is illegal.

again, haven’t seen the video so just saying facts about the rules, but many comments have said it’s just a chinwhip , but chinwhips can be illegal depending on how the whip is applied since it is a move that involves the head and neck.

Also, I’d have the same question I ask when a dominant wrestler loses by illegal slam when up 10-1 and opponent “took a dive”. Why even chance it?

cooper shore
If that was my son against Cooper last year he would have got up shook hands started match back up and defaulted the match. I would have let trainers, Coaches, refs, and opponent know our intentions before we went back to the circle. This is how both my kids felt in that situation if getting blown out late in a match. Now close matches was different story but never was in that situation in close match to decide.

What I don’t understand if the girl just didn’t the move and they called it a penalty why in the world would she go try it again. She was winning 7-3 and Brecksville girl had no chance when they was hand fighting.
I don’t like the call and but her coaches should have been out there talking to the refs after the 1st long break to fine out why this was called illegal hold. That way they could have coached up their wrestler to not do this a 2nd time.

I would be embarrassed to win this way. I also told my sons if we are losing big late in a match like this and ref called a bad illegal slam or move and we couldn’t continue we would line up as if we could continue, start the match and then default so the right kid wins the match.
That's a class act. Not many people would do this

If that was my son against Cooper last year he would have got up shook hands started match back up and defaulted the match. I would have let trainers, Coaches, refs, and opponent know our intentions before we went back to the circle. This is how both my kids felt in that situation if getting blown out late in a match. Now close matches was different story but never was in that situation in close match to decide.
agreed. close match is different but coop was destroying that kid

It’s about teaching your kids the right thing to do. You just hope others would see it and do the same one day for you if shoe was on other foot.
This is a tough sport and don’t want to see a kids dream taking away for a bad call or an accidental slam especially when dominating a match.
100 percent agree

agreed. close match is different but coop was destroying that kid
100%! Ive shown the replay to a few ref's and it was unanimous no intent to hurt, and Coopers knee was down first ...completely subjective call you dont make in that situation.

My daughter got injured at girls folkstyle nationals last week in an illegal leg scissor that hyper extended her knee. She was down 2-0 in the second period when it occurred in her finals match for 1st place. I made the decision to forfeit and told her that you are not going to win girls nationals that by dq when you were losing. Granted it was 10u wrestling so the stakes are not that high.