General NFL Chat

Bills should never have drafted josh allen due to his racist tweets. It is very clear there is systematic racism in the NFL which is why racists like josh Allen are paid over superior qbs like lamar Jackson
Guess Joey Bosa shouldn't have been drafted either. Or won DPOY this year.

I like Jackson, his passing is better than he gets credit for, his receivers suck, except a healthy Andrews.
The problem is that it is too much of a gamble to give him a guaranteed contract, he has been injured the last 2 years.
I give the Browns credit for making other teams problems over signing their QB's; because they have absolutely overpaid for sexual pervert Watson.

The play style excuse is a very common racist tactic used against black qbs
Name the white QB that has a fully guaranteed contract … I’m waiting! … The only reason LJ hasn’t been paid already is because he is asking for a fully guaranteed deal … if he was willing to a contract that wasn’t fully guaranteed he would already be signed to a contract like Allen, Murray, and Wilson.

Name the white QB that has a fully guaranteed contract … I’m waiting! … The only reason LJ hasn’t been paid already is because he is asking for a fully guaranteed deal … if he was willing to a contract that wasn’t fully guaranteed he would already be signed to a contract like Allen, Murray, and Wilson.
Kirk Cousins originally signed a fully guaranteed deal with Minnesota. Isn't Aaron Rodgers deal fully guaranteed?

No … Watson is the only fully guaranteed multi year QB contract in the history of the NFL

Rodgers [ march 2022] was $150 mill for 3 years- $101mill guaranteed with some options for year 4&5.
Rookie QB contracts can be fully guaranteed [ex Trevor Lawrence, Zack Wilson] but rookie contracts are obviously not the same.

Last edited:
No … Watson is the only fully guaranteed multi year QB contract in the history of the NFL
That's not accurate. The 3-year deal Cousins signed with the Vikings in 2018 was the first fully guaranteed multi-year QB deal in the history of the NFL.

Though I was mistaken regarding Rodgers.

That's not accurate. The 3-year deal Cousins signed with the Vikings in 2018 was the first fully guaranteed multi-year QB deal in the history of the NFL.

Though I was mistaken regarding Rodgers.

Here is a article on Cousins contract from 2018

OK … that’s one white QB & one black QB … the point was is wasn’t race that is keeping LJ from getting a contract … it’s his insistence on it being fully guaranteed … and Cousins’ deal was a relatively short term deal … only 3 years.

Hard to argue with this opinion. Has there ever been a flakier superstar QB? I can't think of one. Jim McMahon was flamboyant, but he was all about being a winning football player.
Idk, he does some weird things to chill out but does it matter if he takes a week to go to Cabo or sit in an isolated dark room?

He's choosing to recharge his batteries the way he likes. I'd say he is probably just more of an introvert personality at times.

Idk, he does some weird things to chill out but does it matter if he takes a week to go to Cabo or sit in an isolated dark room?

He's choosing to recharge his batteries the way he likes. I'd say he is probably just more of an introvert personality at times.
Agreed. But he is just so flaky about things like "Will I be in Green Bay or not" or "will I play football or not" it drives me nuts. Oh and his family hates him, which is never a good indicator about a person's personality...

Agreed. But he is just so flaky about things like "Will I be in Green Bay or not" or "will I play football or not" it drives me nuts. Oh and his family hates him, which is never a good indicator about a person's personality...
His indecisiveness is merely a negotiation tactic. I'm ok with it. It's worked well for him in the past. It really doesn't matter if it's annoying.

Rodgers' family is very conservative in their beliefs, especially religiously. It's not really surprising they don't appreciate his lifestyle choices.

His indecisiveness is merely a negotiation tactic. I'm ok with it. It's worked well for him in the past. It really doesn't matter if it's annoying.

Rodgers' family is very conservative in their beliefs, especially religiously. It's not really surprising they don't appreciate his lifestyle choices.
He's under contract right, $59M for 2023? What is he negotiating? He just wants attention. If he was truly an introvert he would not host Jeopardy and always be on talk shows.

Hard to argue with this opinion. Has there ever been a flakier superstar QB? I can't think of one. Jim McMahon was flamboyant, but he was all about being a winning football player.
And flakier so recent. I mean just a few years ago, Rodgers was well respected, kept his head down. The State Farm commercials really humanized him. There were reports from a few years ago that he did not get along with his family, his brother. He dated Danica Patrick briefly, then it just seems like the last few years, he's been goofy. You really have to wonder why NFL teams would give long term contracts to any quarterbacks. It's really becoming a year by year league. Many in the league has been criticizing the Kirk Cousins contract for years, Kyler Murry's contract looks awful, the Deshaun Watson contract is insane,

Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry, Tom Brady, draft combine, Anthony Richardson...the NFL is laughing at us. Alot of this is just banter and things to keep the league at the top of the sports pages. It's still going to be really hard for the Jets to give up enough to get Rodgers and for the Packers to get what they feel is right. Lamar Jackson? He thinks he's more valuable than the Ravens do, but he's not going anywhere. The league allows teams to franchise tag players - which was collectively bargained. Brady, who knows, the fit would be right in SF, but he's already retired. The draft combine is strategically placed right in this dead time for football and makes us watch guys for weekend that we may never hear from again. The Anthony Richardson thing? Why? Why do we put so much stock in non football skills? So he can run and jump is big and strong, so make him a tight end or receiver . To ;llay QB, you have to be able to read defenses, make ACCURATE throws. Richardson was a 53% passer in college football last season??? 53%!!

Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry, Tom Brady, draft combine, Anthony Richardson...the NFL is laughing at us. Alot of this is just banter and things to keep the league at the top of the sports pages. It's still going to be really hard for the Jets to give up enough to get Rodgers and for the Packers to get what they feel is right. Lamar Jackson? He thinks he's more valuable than the Ravens do, but he's not going anywhere. The league allows teams to franchise tag players - which was collectively bargained. Brady, who knows, the fit would be right in SF, but he's already retired. The draft combine is strategically placed right in this dead time for football and makes us watch guys for weekend that we may never hear from again. The Anthony Richardson thing? Why? Why do we put so much stock in non football skills? So he can run and jump is big and strong, so make him a tight end or receiver . To ;llay QB, you have to be able to read defenses, make ACCURATE throws. Richardson was a 53% passer in college football last season??? 53%!!
Richardson's technique and footwork are bad, but those are fixable. I don't know that he's going to be a good NFL QB, but Josh Allen suffered from some of the same flaws and had only a 56% completion percentage in college against much worse competition.

Richardson's technique and footwork are bad, but those are fixable. I don't know that he's going to be a good NFL QB, but Josh Allen suffered from some of the same flaws and had only a 56% completion percentage in college against much worse competition.

I haven’t seen the qb Richardson play much but I do know this: he like Allen at Wyoming were throwing to guys that will never get a sniff at the NFL. The OSU qb has played with 4 wr’s who are/will be 1st rd NFL draft picks, 2 te’s who are/will play in the NFL and 3 olinmen who will be 1st thru 3rd round picks. Completion % in college can be deceiving.

I suspect Baltimore has concluded that they don't want to saddle their salary cap with a Watson-like contract for a guy whose game repeatedly puts him in harm's way. They can't come out and say it without it being a PR mess but that may well be what they are thinking. They'll let the market determine his value then take the picks or do a sign and trade.

I suspect Baltimore has concluded that they don't want to saddle their salary cap with a Watson-like contract for a guy whose game repeatedly puts him in harm's way. They can't come out and say it without it being a PR mess but that may well be what they are thinking. They'll let the market determine his value then take the picks or do a sign and trade.

It may look grim for Baltimore for 2023 without Jackson but my gut tells me they will probably be close or as good as Cleveland this year and by 2025 the Ravens will most likely be in better shape & contending for a AFC north title. They are the Ravens & the Browns are…..the Browns

Which is exactly what the Browns FO wanted them to do

You just can't help yourself can you? Dumb chit just rolls off your fingers no matter what the topic, eh?

It may look grim for Baltimore for 2023 without Jackson but my gut tells me they will probably be close or as good as Cleveland this year and by 2025 the Ravens will most likely be in better shape & contending for a AFC north title. They are the Ravens & the Browns are…..the Browns
The Browns have literally sunk their own ship. Unless they can somehow get Watson to restructure his contract significantly, it's going to be very difficult for them to add significant talent to be a contender.

Are they? Don't we see alot of these "projects" come into the NFL and someone thinks they can fix them and it never happens? Most NFL teams can live and learn with QB's there's too much on the line.

Are they? Don't we see alot of these "projects" come into the NFL and someone thinks they can fix them and it never happens? Most NFL teams can live and learn with QB's there's too much on the line.
Depends in large part on the team. Some get fixed, some never do. It comes down to the heart and gifts of the player. The QB position involves far more unmeasurables and intangibles than other position.