Random TV/Movie news.

MCU is absolute garbage now. I look more forward to Nerdrotic reviews of it than I do the actual movies themselves. I won’t be spending any money on this, there are already bootleg streams out there I’ll check out.

MCU is absolute garbage now. I look more forward to Nerdrotic reviews of it than I do the actual movies themselves. I won’t be spending any money on this, there are already bootleg streams out there I’ll check out.

don't know those guys (which sounds like a good thing), but I quite enjoyed Ant-Man 3. Critics are being silly. It has an 84% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatos.

don't know those guys (which sounds like a good thing), but I quite enjoyed Ant-Man 3. Critics are being silly. It has an 84% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatos.
I severely dislike Marvels hate for strong male leads in movies now. It doesn’t resonate with me.

I don’t agree with that being the case, and it certainly isn’t the case with Ant-Man 3. It’s probably the strongest we’ve seen Rudd’s Ant-Man.
I will watch the movie for myself but it is definitely the case for all of the other Marvel movies since Endgame sans Spider-Man No Way Home which was made by Sony.

Coincidentally the only movie that was good was Spider-Man which was at least heavily influenced by Sony. Yes, agree to disagree.

no it wasn't?

Pretty much Sony's only involvement was that they got final approval in casting Spider-Man (who was hand-picked by the Captain America: Civil War directors along with Marvel execs).

Marvel produces the film and controls the writing and plot of the movies. Sony finances and distributes the movie and gets the box office revenue (technically Marvel does get 5%). Marvel pays Sony a fee to keep the toy and merchandising revenue.

In exchange, Marvel gets to use Spider-Man in non-Spider-Man movies.

Why on earth would Sony have any say on the plot and writing of movies that take place in another studio's franchise?

The writers of No Way Home were the same writers on Spider-Man Homecoming, Spider-Man Far From Home, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and they also assisted the Russo's on Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They have absolutely no affiliation with Sony.

Last edited:
no it wasn't?

Pretty much Sony's only involvement was that they got final approval in casting Spider-Man (who was hand-picked by the Captain America: Civil War directors along with Marvel execs).

Marvel produces the film and controls the writing and plot of the movies. Sony finances and distributes the movie and gets the box office revenue (technically Marvel does get 5%). Marvel pays Sony a fee to keep the toy and merchandising revenue.

In exchange, Marvel gets to use Spider-Man in non-Spider-Man movies.

Why on earth would Sony have any say on the plot and writing of movies that take place in another studio's franchise?

The writers of No Way Home were the same writers on Spider-Man Homecoming, Spider-Man Far From Home, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and they also assisted the Russo's on Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They have absolutely no affiliation with Sony.
Hard to believe Sony's only involvement is casting Spider-Man when they still own the rights to Spider-Man in film. Sony doesn't have a say in non Spider-Man movies but Spider-Man has not been in a non Spider-Man movie since Endgame. All of the movies you listed (besides Far From home a Spider-Man movie) were also pre Endgame which to my point is every movie post Endgame has been trash outside of No Way Home. This article I think explains things well.

Hard to believe Sony's only involvement is casting Spider-Man when they still own the rights to Spider-Man in film. Sony doesn't have a say in non Spider-Man movies but Spider-Man has not been in a non Spider-Man movie since Endgame. All of the movies you listed (besides Far From home a Spider-Man movie) were also pre Endgame which to my point is every movie post Endgame has been trash outside of No Way Home. This article I think explains things well.

That article discusses a lot…except for what we are actually discussing.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Spiderman debate but the recent run of MCU films and especially the TV shows has had a decidedly woke lean. While on the surface I am OK with this, what I have issues with is the forced nature and some of the needless digs associated with some of the plot lines. We have debated this PP but the She Hulk really pushed me over an edge and it seems they hit pause on the TV series since. I also really loved the 1st Black Panther but the recent one was just off in my book, especially the ending. It was also convenient that they omitted the slave culture of Mesoamerican natives when they gave the origin story of Namor.

Not sure about the Spiderman debate but the recent run of MCU films and especially the TV shows has had a decidedly woke lean. While on the surface I am OK with this, what I have issues with is the forced nature and some of the needless digs associated with some of the plot lines. We have debated this PP but the She Hulk really pushed me over an edge and it seems they hit pause on the TV series since. I also really loved the 1st Black Panther but the recent one was just off in my book, especially the ending. It was also convenient that they omitted the slave culture of Mesoamerican natives when they gave the origin story of Namor.

I don't think She-Hulk caused a delay in anything, it's just how the schedule layed out. Secret Invasion hits next month. Outside of She-Hulk, I wouldn't say they've "forced" anything other than actively including GLBT characters in their movies. Even with the GLBT characters, its more passing references than it actively shoving it in your face IMO (and they'd done it at the expense of hundreds of millions in lost revenue in places like China). It's kind of a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation. One side has an issue with the inclusion, the other side argues they aren't pushing the inclusion far enough.

What were your issues with Black Panther 2? And they did mention the slave culture, at least of the Europeans, during that time.

I don't think She-Hulk caused a delay in anything, it's just how the schedule layed out. Secret Invasion hits next month. Outside of She-Hulk, I wouldn't say they've "forced" anything other than actively including GLBT characters in their movies. Even with the GLBT characters, its more passing references than it actively shoving it in your face IMO (and they'd done it at the expense of hundreds of millions in lost revenue in places like China). It's kind of a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation. One side has an issue with the inclusion, the other side argues they aren't pushing the inclusion far enough.

What were your issues with Black Panther 2? And they did mention the slave culture, at least of the Europeans, during that time.
Spoiler alert:

The ending to me had issues. So they battle these folks and this really bad boogie man for the entire film and then the new Black Panther decides at the last second she will spare the guy and they ride in together to this huge battle royal and tell everyone puts their weapons down and they get together like nothing happened? I also like the singling out in the UN scene of only the US and French as bumbling diplomats, why not have another world power like the Chinese called to the carpet? Favorite dig is when Ross is referred to by Shuri's as her favorite colonizer. As for the slave culture they could have gone full Apocolypto and shown those same happy villagers at the base of the pyramid cheering on the day's human sacrifice but that wouldn't get much sympathy from the movie going public for their plight and why they took to the sea.

Spoiler alert:

The ending to me had issues. So they battle these folks and this really bad boogie man for the entire film and then the new Black Panther decides at the last second she will spare the guy and they ride in together to this huge battle royal and tell everyone puts their weapons down and they get together like nothing happened? I also like the singling out in the UN scene of only the US and French as bumbling diplomats, why not have another world power like the Chinese called to the carpet? Favorite dig is when Ross is referred to by Shuri's as her favorite colonizer. As for the slave culture they could have gone full Apocolypto and shown those same happy villagers at the base of the pyramid cheering on the day's human sacrifice but that wouldn't get much sympathy from the movie going public for their plight and why they took to the sea.

Fwiw, Shuri calls Ross a colonizer in the first movie too. It was just a continuation of that joke.

As for the adding another world power and human sacrifice parts, while I get what you're saying and they'd certainly fit, where do you draw the line on what to include? It was already a movie over 2 and a half hours. You're adding probably another 5 minutes there, on top of what they also shot and ultimately cut.

As for the ending, I hear ya. It makes sense from Namor's perspective as we later learn he's setting Wakanda up to be on their side down the road when they eventually go to war with the surface people. As for Shuri's motivation I think it was ultimately that she didn't want to end up like Kilmonger. I also wonder if she knew deep down that that they were maybe fighting a war they couldn't win in the end. If so, they certainly could have driven that point home better.

WTH hell bunched anyone's shorts in She-Hulk? All I remember is funny all the way through.

I feel like most of what I saw people saying was something to the effect of she always had to be stronger than Hulk because "I don't need no man"

She was never stronger than the Hulk though?

Pretty much the only way in which she was better than the Hulk is that they had the character start out with the two personalities merged, which they gave some loose scientific explanation for as opposed to Bruce needing 10yrs to learn how to do it.

In every other way they made it clear that the Hulk was superior.

She was never stronger than the Hulk though?

Pretty much the only way in which she was better than the Hulk is that they had the character start out with the two personalities merged, which they gave some loose scientific explanation for as opposed to Bruce needing 10yrs to learn how to do it.

In every other way they made it clear that the Hulk was superior.
I haven't watched it. Just relaying what I heard as a complaint

I haven't watched it. Just relaying what I heard as a complaint
Probably that's how most got their complaint. Some blogger hunting for an audience, finds a lonely or out of society crowd and tells them what to think. There's not a whole lot of evidence of wokeness in that show. The complaints as far as I can tell are lemmings. No one seems to be able to give specifics without a huge stretch, if at all.

Probably that's how most got their complaint. Some blogger hunting for an audience, finds a lonely or out of society crowd and tells them what to think. There's not a whole lot of evidence of wokeness in that show. The complaints as far as I can tell are lemmings. No one seems to be able to give specifics without a huge stretch, if at all.
This is pretty specific.

This is pretty specific.

this may be an oversimplification, but you seem to get a lot of your info from this "Nerdtronic" Youtube Channel, and not much from anywhere else (that you've indicated), including your own experience to make up your own mind?

And just from the two video titles alone that you've posted, they seem to have a clear agenda.

this may be an oversimplification, but you seem to get a lot of your info from this "Nerdtronic" Youtube Channel, and not much from anywhere else (that you've indicated), including your own experience to make up your own mind?

And just from the two video titles alone that you've posted, they seem to have a clear agenda.
They have no agenda other than calling the MCU for what it is now, if you go back and look at his videos he has nothing but praise for the MCU until after Endgame. My own experience as I just said is I couldn’t make it any longer than 10 minutes before turning it off. If you would like other references for people discussing how bad the MCU is now I will gladly provide them for you. Nerdrotic is just my favorite because he’s unfiltered.

They have no agenda other than calling the MCU for what it is now, if you go back and look at his videos he has nothing but praise for the MCU until after Endgame. My own experience as I just said is I couldn’t make it any longer than 10 minutes before turning it off. If you would like other references for people discussing how bad the MCU is now I will gladly provide them for you. Nerdrotic is just my favorite because he’s unfiltered.

Dude, his video list screams "agenda". Here's an image of his last 9 video titles. I don't even have to watch any of the videos to know his whole schtick is hating on everything to stir up controversy to get page views and video views. Youtube is full of lame channels like that.

1677185697568.png

hell, just for fun here's the next 9. 18 straight videos trying to bash something. Not one positive video. Spare me the "no agenda" tripe.

1677185840951.png

I'm not posting the images, but spoiler alert, the next 45 videos after the most recent 18 are the same thing.

Dude, his video list screams "agenda". Here's an image of his last 9 video titles. I don't even have to watch any of the videos to know his whole schtick is hating on everything to stir up controversy to get page views and video views. Youtube is full of lame channels like that.

View attachment 39201

hell, just for fun here's the next 9. 18 straight videos trying to bash something. Not one positive video. Spare me the "no agenda" tripe.

View attachment 39202

I'm not posting the images, but spoiler alert, the next 45 videos after the most recent 18 are the same thing.
You obviously missed the part where I said he praised Marvel up until Endgame. It’s not his fault Marvel has been trash since then. If you want to say he has an agenda that’s fine but I can counter that Marvel has also been pushing their agenda since 2019. All he’s doing is calling them out for it. Also for you to say I only get my info from Nerdrotic but then also say there a bunch of channels like his which I could also reference is a total oxymoron.