JAVMAN83 Is there a girls indoor mile list?

Ram On

Hi JAVMAN83…I’m sorry if you’ve published it already…but do you have a girls indoor mile top ten list, counting oversized tracks? I do remember you published a 3200 top ten list last year with oversized tracks included.

Hi JAVMAN83…I’m sorry if you’ve published it already…but do you have a girls indoor mile top ten list, counting oversized tracks? I do remember you published a 3200 top ten list last year with oversized tracks included.
Do you wish a true Mile only list, or a combined hybrid of 1600/mile times covering all track sizes? Unfortunately, at least from my standpoint, a lot of the sub-5:00 times of the last 15 years have been on oversized tracks. Not much has happened for legal-sized tracks.

I'll combine the lists and give you a relative ranking list.

Ask, and you shall receive. The combined 1600m/mile list, all track sizes.

Note: I found 3 duplicates on the list tonight and have removed them.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Women - 1600m & Mile - Indoor sub-5 min 1600m.pdf
    31.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you so much! These lists are like gold!!
You and other are most welcome. I view myself as only a current conduit from the past to the future. The research and lists fit my skill sets and interests, so I'm glad to do it.

You and other are most welcome. I view myself as only a current conduit from the past to the future. The research and lists fit my skill sets and interests, so I'm glad to do it.
I’m particularly interested in the All-Time girls indoor and outdoor 1600/one miIe and 3200/2mile lists. I have downloaded your indoor and outdoor 1600/one mile lists and your indoor 3200/2mile list. I’ve scoured the Yappi site but can’t find the outdoor 3200/2mile list. Would you be kind enough to post that list? Appreciate it!

I’m particularly interested in the All-Time girls indoor and outdoor 1600/one miIe and 3200/2mile lists. I have downloaded your indoor and outdoor 1600/one mile lists and your indoor 3200/2mile list. I’ve scoured the Yappi site but can’t find the outdoor 3200/2mile list. Would you be kind enough to post that list? Appreciate it!
The outdoor 3200/2-Mile is still under development. I can give you the sub-10:30 list if you wish?

Here's my current 3200m/2-Mile outdoor girls' list. Sub-10:30 3200m. Combined. Rankings listed on left-hand column reflect recognition of 3200m performances only. The list, however, reflects what Track and Field News does - combined with conversions. Only difference is that I don't convert from a shorter distance to a longer distance.

There are a couple names (Heffernan, Johnson) that have their names twice on the list. This is because they had 2-Mile performances that were superior to their best 3200m; however, there was no clock at the 3200m split, so those converted times (+) are not recognized for official 3200m rankings. Also, Neczypor's 10:11.72 was unfortunately not recognized for a simple mix-up at the meet where they started on the 2-turn stagger instead of a regulation 1-turn stagger. Sad.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Women - Combined 3200 meters & 2-Mile - sub-10m30sec 3200m.pdf
    25.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
To the best of your knowledge, Kristy Orre never ran the 1600/mile indoors. She set a state outdoor record of 4:53.85 in 1985.

To the best of your knowledge, Kristy Orre never ran the 1600/mile indoors. She set a state outdoor record of 4:53.85 in 1985.
Not sure on that one, Lancermania. We definitely know she ran some fast indoor 2-miles...I was competing at the Bearcat Classic myself in 1983 when she set the national indoor record for sophomores @ 10:30.0 at the Armory's old 188 yard facility. But the mile? I'll have to check my Track & Field News archives for indoor lists to see if there's anything for Ms. Orre other than for the 2-mile indoors.

I checked my archives and found nothing for Kristy for indoor results shorter than 2 miles. From a little research, it appears she spent more time during the winter running road 5ks than indoor track races.